+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Re: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3674173;
    So Tom could be our "dark horse"! That will be fun. I caught him on one of the entertainment talk shows showing off his new dance shoes that say are killing his feet. He seemed very enthused. I think it is significant that he has been paired with Cheryl. She is an extraordinary dancer/teacher and after last season's steamy dances with Gilles, I wonder what she has up her sleeve for Tom! I am looking forward to it!
    It is ironic that his nickname is "the hammer" and got paired with Cheryl, because she could be called "the hammer" herself. I think they will get along just fine since Tom is obviously not thin skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3674543;
    I for one will NOT be watching this season.

Tom Delay is one of the most disgusting EX politicians ever.

I like my reality tv as an escape from the regular world and I will NOT be a party to bug catcher's public persona make over

count me OUT
    I don't think anyone needs to worry that his public persona will be whitewashed, no matter how nice he attempts to play it on TV. He's no Jerry Springer whose biggest sin was leading a sleazy TV show and being hated by association. Google and people's long memories are DeLay's two worst enemies and neither will be going away anytime soon.

Besides, you could always watch just to see him getting eliminated somewhere in the - I'm feeling generous today - first three episodes.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

ethics violations and his disgusting involvement in the Teri Schiavo matter among other things are no laughing matters. HE is a dirty politician and I want no part of it.

I will not be watching Dancing with the Stars this year

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3674598;
    I think some are basing their opinions solely on their personal politics, not on the real person that Tom DeLay is.
    A hypocrite, a liar and a crony of Jack Abramoff? All these things make him a crappy human being no matter what party he belongs to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3674786;
    A hypocrite, a liar and a crony of Jack Abramoff? All these things make him a crappy human being no matter what party he belongs to.
    exactly.

the bug man is scum and I can NOT believe DWTS is happy to have him. That is fine, I didn't need more TV to watch anyway

FORT Fogey

This is exactly why I think he is a bad idea. Politics should not be allowed on this show nor more than religion. I hate when things come to discussions like this because there is no ending it because everyone is right because it is all personal opinion. Getting ratings by riling people up is a bad idea, and I think will take the ratings the other way.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3675176;
    This is exactly why I think he is a bad idea. Politics should not be allowed on this show nor more than religion. I hate when things come to discussions like this because there is no ending it because everyone is right because it is all personal opinion. Getting ratings by riling people up is a bad idea, and I think will take the ratings the other way.
    It'd be the same reaction if it were Al Gore, Newt Gingrich, John Kerry, or any other Democrat/Republican/Independent/Scandalous figure. I was even leary when they put Tucker Carlson on, and he's only a political analyst. I actually want an early Tom boot more because I don't want to see Cheryl's mug all season and for once she may actually go first. Of course who's been getting the most hype, Tom, but I don't think he'll last long enough to impact the ratings one way or another. I guarantee he'll be the first boot, which I guess is too bad for him because if he really is better than some of the others, it will suck that he leaves before the next Woz or Cloris. Hopefully that fake model foul mouthed drama queen camera hog Joanna Krupa leaves with him.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-23-2009 at 02:51 AM.

I don't think I even want to weigh in, one way or the other, on him. I'll just try and be as impartial as I can until I see him on the screen.
    I did, see Andy Cohen's late night show this week. At the end, he weighs in on people / topics. He mentioned DeLay and how DeLay said he'd Never wear sequins, makeup or the like. Andy Cohen basically said, " does he know who does the voting on this show? Does he realize it's the gays who vote?!!"

Needless to say, I was ROTFLMAO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well, there's a reason to watch right there, just to see sequins-and-makeup-are-the-devil DeLay in pancake makeup, blue eyeshadow and bedazzled pink shirts with ruffles on them. I may just do screencaps and photochops in my recaps again...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I was really surprised when I heard they were having a politician on the show. I don't think he'll last long, but you never know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast