+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Coughlin - Season 9

Re: Natalie Coughlin - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730487;
    To me, she is gorgeous. At 5'2, I simply can not imagine having those beautiful long legs!

After this, I can see her offered ad promotions that play off her Olympic fame but are based more on her beauty than on her athletic prowess. I am not talking about the Wheaties box here.

She is going to have to break out of that emotional reserve somehow, though, not just to perform the dances well, but she has to present herself a little more warmly to the voters. She has to "sell herself" to the voting audience.
    Maybe the producers will recognize this and get her some help in this direction in the way that they have "helped" others before with whatever they needed.
    ITA! I think this show is her springboard to promos, TV etc. We need to see more personality and emotion on screen and in her dance to get the voters to warm up to her. She has already captivated me, so I am a fan. Perhaps the olympic fan base is following her which will help.

She could use some professional coaching to get her to relax and let her personality to come through for us. If she has a future in promo's and/or TV, she will need to come out of her reserve otherwise she could end up on a Wheaties box!

I had no idea she is only 5'2"! That gal has some beautiful long legs and really knows how to show case them on the dance floor. She looks beautiful enough to be a model, but not possible if she is only 5'2".

Natalie is my gal this season!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3730497;
    ITA! I think this show is her springboard to promos, TV etc. We need to see more personality and emotion on screen and in her dance to get the voters to warm up to her. She has already captivated me, so I am a fan. Perhaps the olympic fan base is following her which will help.

She could use some professional coaching to get her to relax and let her personality to come through for us. If she has a future in promo's and/or TV, she will need to come out of her reserve otherwise she could end up on a Wheaties box!

I had no idea she is only 5'2"! That gal has some beautiful long legs and really knows how to show case them on the dance floor. She looks beautiful enough to be a model, but not possible if she is only 5'2".

Natalie is my gal this season!
    No!! She isn't 5'2 with those gorgeous long legs... I was saying that I am 5'2 and as a result, I can not imagine (having) those gorgeous long legs. <sigh>
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730502;
    No!! She isn't 5'2 with those gorgeous long legs... I was saying that I am 5'2 and as a result, I can not imagine (having) those gorgeous long legs. <sigh>
    You had me going there! I will have to do some research to see how tall she is now!

ETA: She is 5'8" tall.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 10-18-2009 at 12:22 PM.

FORT Regular

When I see female swimmers during the Olympics, I see these very muscular women but Natalie is so feminine and beautiful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3730534;
    When I see female swimmers during the Olympics, I see these very muscular women but Natalie is so feminine and beautiful.
    Agreed - part of that is because she doesn't have the masculine shoulders that we often see on highly successful female swimmers.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730502;
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same height as her and don't have gorgeous long legs. Well, maybe long legs, but not exactly Natalie legs So I'll echo your sigh. No matter how much I work on certain areas of my body, it just doesn't work.

She is going to have to break out of that emotional reserve somehow, though, not just to perform the dances well, but she has to present herself a little more warmly to the voters. She has to "sell herself" to the voting audience.
    Maybe the producers will recognize this and get her some help in this direction in the way that they have "helped" others before with whatever they needed.
    I think, personality wise, Natalie has done great but this past week closed up. I don't know if it's hard dancing a very intimate, close, romantic dance, wearing closes you're not used to or comfortable wearing, or just not feeling confident and feeling like there's more pressure to stay on top. Lack of confidence is more what I see missing with Natalie. I will echo some previous posts, I think she looks just down right beautiful! I know some female athletes, and I'm thinking back to Misty May here, are some what muscular in the arms and legs especially, which can look all sorts of awkward in different dances. Natalie is just right and she and Alec make a perfect pair.

After this week, is that when they start repeating dances from the first 5 weeks? I was trying to think what Natalie would have to do. The samba and lambada might be tough for her if she's not comfortable shaking it out there, but I think she'll do well with the other dances. I hope they last to do an AT.

Natalie and Alec's chemistry does seem more off this week than last. I wonder if something happened. They seemed surprised by the fighting footage being shown last week, so I thought maybe it was just a stressful week for them. Out of all the song choices last night, I thought they got cheated the most with their paso choice. I didn't think it was going to go well when I saw their costumes. And I wish CA would be banned from discussing lifts

I hope they survive tonight.

Poor Natalie. I'm going to miss her And Alec. There goes the last of my eye candy for the season. Not only do I think she got a raw deal with the song choice, but also with the judging. True, I'd say her scores were fair, given the performance. But I thought some other couples got overscored and/or overhyped for performances just as good or worse than her's. So then the judges blame the viewers I'm not as quick to rake Alec over the coals as some people. I enjoy him on the show, I enjoy his dancing, and I don't think because some pros have lasted longer on this show boils down to them being a better teacher. It's hard to say how Natalie would have fared with another pro. She might have gone earlier, she might not have. I just hope Alec is back next season. I think he's one of the pros who probably does have to wait until literally the last second to find out if he's coming back.

I am so disappointed that Nancy is gone -- I wanted her to be a major contender and last to the finals. Monday's music choice "American Girl" was completely off for the PD and I personally could not feel the mood of the dance. Like the others, they had more latin themed music which would be easier to get into character. Even the costume was off, though I realize she was dressed in Red/White & Blue for the "American Girl", but Alec was in black.

Poor Natalie showed more emotion last night about leaving . . . I wish she showed more emotion over the past several weeks so she could have stayed. This is one fan that did vote plenty for her but obviously it wasn't enough to keep her in the running. I hope this show was a good spring board for Natalie to other opportunities.

I have to go find a new dancer to adopt.

She is a beautiful dancer, very elegant and smooth. However, something was seriously off with her and Alec. I think if she had Maks or Tony or Jonathon, she'd have been fine. Nothing wrong with Alec, but it's obvious they didn't mesh real well. That's what hurt her. They weren't a 'fun', 'entertaining' couple. It's a shame, too, because she had the potential to win it all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast