+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

Okay Oliver...I believe you. I'm not interested enough to vote for her. She sounds pretty immature and as actress I thought she was a colossal bore. I tuned in once to Sabrina and it was so asinine I never watched again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3689739;
    I totally agree with that. There was no mystery about who was going to win season 6, Kristi Y. was. Last season, they had the largest audience for the premiere in the history of DWTS and I think it had a lot to do with the news that Melissa Rycroft from the Bachelor was going to be on. It was all over the news and it was on Special Edition on ABC about 30 minutes before DWTS premiered. After all, 17 million viewers just a week before had seen Melissa get dumped on The Bachelor and were still p*ss*d about it. Viewers were probably curious to see how she was doing, most not realizing that that actually happened 6-7 weeks prior to airing. ABC was bound and determined to make that fiasco last as long as possible. I'm sure glad they did.

Season 8 had some really good dancers and the leader board changed all the time. Any one of the final 6 could have won if they had had the fan base; Shawn, Gilles, Melissa, Ty, Lil Kim and Chuck. Ty had a fan base, but needed a tad more dancing skills and Chuck was really coming on those final 2-3 weeks he was there. Melissa's fan base obviously overwhelmed him that last week he was there because he was 5 points ahead of her in judges scores that week because of her injury and they had to judge her rehearsal tape instead of a live performance.

In Season 8, any one of those final 3 could have won and we had no idea who it would win until Tom announced the winner at the finale. Frankly, I was surprised. I thought when it got to Gilles and Shawn, that Gilles would win.
    It should have been Gilles, imo. But I had a feeling pre-show Shawn would win. Not the feeling of it being an outright Kristi moment, but popularity wise I figured she had that clinched. Season 7 it become obvious early on Brooke was probably going to win, and that season was a disaster in other ways. Season 8, despite not digging most of the cast pre-show is probably one of my favorite seasons ever because of all the surprises. Those I liked and/or expected to do well didn't. It was nice seeing Tony so happy. Partners like Melissa are once every 6 seasons. Even though I didn't care for her, I was happy for him and hope he has a lot of success with Kathy this season. Season 9 is kind of the same feeling, not really knowing the cast and not knowing how they'll do, so I hope it's as enjoyable as season 8 and that there's tons of surprises.

As for this Melissa, I don't know how well she'll do dance wise but I think she has a leg up with name recognition. I don't know if I see her winning. I think she'll make it to the halfway point and possibly the semi's, but I think she'll end up falling short there.

FORT Regular

Brooke was a surprise but I did not think she was going to win. Derek's popular but Lance and Warren both had big fan bases and their score differences were not that big. That means Brooke really did build a fan base. Good for her and too bad that did not happen again with Gilles. Then again, Shawn is a different story.

Yeah, the thing is Melissa probably will not dance well but she has name recognition so on that alone, she can survive at least to the half way point. Why they continue to give Mark these celeb partners, no idea. I do not enjoy his dancing or choreography at all. Why can't Alec, Jonathan or Louis get this type of favoritism?

I was a bit disappointed with Melissa's VW. Like the judges said, it lacked that pizazz. It got a little boring after watching her and Mark in that closed hold for many steps. She danced it pretty well, but now the choreography has to get more interesting.

She brought it with the cha cha though. She just had the unfortune of being in a group with people who just did better than her. Other than Macy, everyone did well in the cha cha group. Heck, even Macy wasn't that horrible.

Melissa was much better with the Latin, so I'm especially looking forward to her future Latin dances.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3691656;
    Why they continue to give Mark these celeb partners, no idea. I do not enjoy his dancing or choreography at all. Why can't Alec, Jonathan or Louis get this type of favoritism?
    I think part of the reason why pros like Jonathan get all the clunkers is because they deal with them better. Look at how pissed Maks gets with Debi's mouth. Jonathan has always been so calm and mature with his partners. I don't know if anyone could have dealt with Heather Mills better than he did.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3712702;
    I was a bit disappointed with Melissa's VW. Like the judges said, it lacked that pizazz. It got a little boring after watching her and Mark in that closed hold for many steps. She danced it pretty well, but now the choreography has to get more interesting.

She brought it with the cha cha though. She just had the unfortune of being in a group with people who just did better than her. Other than Macy, everyone did well in the cha cha group. Heck, even Macy wasn't that horrible.

Melissa was much better with the Latin, so I'm especially looking forward to her future Latin dances.

I think part of the reason why pros like Jonathan get all the clunkers is because they deal with them better. Look at how pissed Maks gets with Debi's mouth. Jonathan has always been so calm and mature with his partners. I don't know if anyone could have dealt with Heather Mills better than he did.

This is reasonable; however, this sets up the scenario where people like Derek always gets the young, hot ones with a better chance to make the finals, and people like Jonathan get the older, more difficult, or challenged ones with little chance of really making the finals. Of course, he got there with Marie, but she had a huge popular following that has to be taken into consideration.
    Occasionally, they give Cheryle the older men to keep the viewers from squawking favoritism so loudly in my opinion.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I like Melissa, hope she does well.

FORT Regular

I want her to leave but she is popular. Never going to happen. I hope she does not outlast Kathy, Kelly or Natalie. Melissa was bad last week. There was barely any cha cha in her cha cha. It does not help that her partner overdances. She had these hunched shoulders in her waltz and one point, she looked like a scared kid running. But she set the bar so low I bet anything she does today will make her fans scream how awesome she is and vote for her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Melissa bores me. I can't say she stands out personality wise or dance wise. She's not the worst, but I wouldn't put her near the best, either. Maybe she'll get better but from the two dances she's done so far, I'm not overly confident. I think some of the other ladies have better potential and are more entertaining to watch. Their jive tonight seemed typical Mark. The jive wasn't Melissa's speciality, but it's hard to overlook Mark's antics. At least in Derek's case, the boy dances so good it's hard to overlook him. In Mark's case, he seems to be purposely trying to get the attention on him. Maybe he can't help it, but he sure never seemed this way with Sabrina. I thought her VW was better than her jive. She seemed to be having fun, but her feet seemed all over the place and out of sync with Mark's at times. However, it might be hard to stay in sync with him.

And sorry cousin oliver, as much as I like Kathy/Tony, she doesn't have a prayer of learning to dance and rightfully needs to go sooner rather than later. When someone is as big of a clunker as her, no matter how big a heart she has, I don't think it's fair to anyone else that she outlasts them.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-29-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Who is John Galt?

I'll rank Melissa's dance ability right down there with Kathy's. But, because she has name/face recognition, she'll last fairly long. But, unless she improves drastically, I don't see much chance for a long run with her. I do not care for Mark. He was okay when he first started with Dancing with the Stars, but like Derek - he thinks he's hotter than he really is; but unlike Derek - his choreography and dancing are not that hot. Melissa is kind of the female Chuck. She may get somewhat better, but she really is rather clumsy and awkward dancing. She also does nothing for me as an actress either.

FORT Regular

On point, aname2. Mark seems to have quite an ego and thinks too highly of himself but like you said, Derek seems to have one too but at least his dancing and choreography is top notch. Mark's is not and that jive makes me question his teaching skills. He seemed to not even try to teach Melissa to dance. Melissa is down there with Chuck and Michael Irvin in the baaaad category. She has fans who will keep her around, not Mark. His ego seems to think he was the reason Shawn and Kristi won.

Melissa comes off self involved. Joanna with her bitch edit, I thought would be the worst but it is Melissa.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast