Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Mark Dacascos

PROFESSION:
    TV host, Kung Fu champion, actor

BACKGROUND:
    Can The Chairman cha-cha his way into the championships, or will he have to return to Kitchen Stadium empty handed?

Famously known as "The Chairman" and the host of Food Network's Iron Chef America, Dacascos is also a champion martial artist and actor. And it's no surprise that Mark is world renowned in Kung Fu—both of his parents are former national champions and teachers.

Mark was first discovered walking down the street in San Francisco's Chinatown. Before joining Iron Chef America in 2005, Mark has played not only martial artists, but a wide array of characters over the course of his film and television career. He has appeared in several feature films including the internationally acclaimed French epic, Brotherhood of the Wolf, the cult classic Only the Strong, Cradle 2 the Grave opposite Jet Li, Only the Brave, Nomad, and The Lost Medallion, to be released later this year.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Oh...I didn't know him by his name, just the Iron Chef guy. Yeah, I could root for him.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3670059;
    Oh...I didn't know him by his name, just the Iron Chef guy. Yeah, I could root for him.
    I was the same way dags....I'm going to love getting to know him as something more than Chairman!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've never heard of him, peroid. But that's one of the fun aspects about this show; going in not knowing someone and having them become a huge favorite. Or the opposite happening and not caring if they're the first to go.

I had no idea what his name was and I would have never pegged him as a Mark, something more foreign sounding. Either way, he is the reason I'm going to watch and I hope he kills it. I love him on IC and just want him to do well.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-20-2009 at 04:58 AM.

Hmm So Mr Iron Chef is a Kung Fu champ, he may have the discipline to actually go far if he has the foot skills I suspect he must.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can watch him, I always thought he was extremely 'simmering' in IC.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It's confirmed Mark has Lacey, so all of the male pairs have been confirmed. Now just waiting on the ladies.

I hope he can dance or learn to dance ballroom. I'm looking forward to seeing him. I've enjoyed watching him as the "Chairman" and how he plays it so seriously, just as the Japanese actor who played the "his uncle, the Chairman" in the original Iron Chef did.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was hoping he got Lacey. I know many don't like her, and I'm annoyed with the way the producers keep forcing her to do the whole Rebel of the Ballroom thing. I'm hoping that with her getting Mark it means they will finally give that a rest.

Reason I'm happy about him getting her is that she can choreograph really awesome routines and I think being given somebody who is limber and nimble, we are in for a treat....if he doesn't have two left feet which I'm seriously doubting he will.

There is no celeb eye candy this season. They all look really rough and really worn out (those who aren't old) so Mark is it by fault for me just because I love him on IC.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-20-2009 at 09:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast