+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Considering Mark's strengths in flexibility, etc., I expected him to do a lot better. I thought he came off looking pretty cheesy, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was pleased with Mark and Lacey last night. They did a good job. Mark is a little stiff and seems pretty shy, it will be fun to watch him loosen up, Lacey will work on that I'm sure. They got all my votes tonight.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fanatic

Mark's doing a GREAT job! Ambitious choreography, no one else in the competition can do what he did out there. All my votes went to Mark and Lacey

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3708235;
    Mark wasn't quite as strong as I thought, but as Tom so nicely pointed out to Len "It's only one dance". I had heard they were dancing to Kung Fu Fighting, so I figured that had to do with his martial arts background more than him being Asian as others suggested (or maybe it was both, who knows). I actually thought the martial arts added a nice touch and weren't too much or too little. While Lacey has grown on me, oddly enough when she was paired with a guy I was ready to despise and not the boy bander I liked, I hope she's learned. Be the rebel of the ballroom all you want, but you know Len hates barefoot rumbas and not sticking to the traditional elements of the ballroom dance. So I hope she stays on the right path and if she doesn't, I do hope they call her out. Mark seems very determined and ready to learn and give it his all. He looked nervous tonight, so hopefully first night jitters are out of the way. This is one duo I'm going to be rooting for, as Mark does have loads of potential and can improve big time. I place him second to Donny dance wise, then Aaron (as much as I hate to admit it), but no one else is even close.

Personally from a Dance persepective, Donny didn't dance much out there. His first dance wasn't that good, and he was in a Salsa group where nobody moved their hips. The competitive group was Aaron and Mark, and I just think Mark held his own. Let's not forget both Donny and Aaron have danced in other genres. I thought the choreography for Mark was substantial, much more content then the others. Aaron was pretty stiff, he reminded me of Cody.

FORT Fanatic

I love Mark's personality. I enjoyed his rehearsal footage as much as his dancing. He's pretty funny. He moves really well and I think he may be a front runner.

Who is John Galt?

I have always liked Mark. I have seen many of his movies (loved Brotherhood of the Wolf), and prefer his type of martial arts moves - very smooth and athletic. He certainly has the potential to be a great dancer. He is lithe, athletic, flexible, and seems to have rhythm. He has beautiful lines and his posture in the slower dances is perfect. However, he needs a lot of practice with his footwork. Personally, I don't care for Lacey as a teacher. She tries to push the envelope too much too soon instead of sticking to the tried and true until her partner gets comfortable with the movement of dance. Her choreography is not appreciate by judges, who often chastise her for being too gimmicky or cutting edge. Since he is one of my early favorites, I'd like to see if he gets a chance to progress and become a really good dancer.

FORT Fanatic

Well here's the dilema... didn't the show say Baz Luhrmann was the guest judge? If he's taking over from Len this week he is going to want to see innovation and showmanship, not only solid ballroom dancing. If Mark and Lacey get a Tango or a Quickstep he's going to want to see razzle dazzle for sure...He directed Moulin Rouge. Lacey is going to have to pull out some creativity.. she knows Bruno and Lacey respond to that, and hell Luhrmann could give some of these pros and celebrities a movie role in the future.

However, if Len is still on the panel then it's strictly Ballroom

Mark has huge potential and I do think he had so much more to think about in that Cha Cha than anyone else in the competition.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3709722;
    I have always liked Mark. I have seen many of his movies (loved Brotherhood of the Wolf), and prefer his type of martial arts moves - very smooth and athletic. He certainly has the potential to be a great dancer. He is lithe, athletic, flexible, and seems to have rhythm. He has beautiful lines and his posture in the slower dances is perfect. However, he needs a lot of practice with his footwork. Personally, I don't care for Lacey as a teacher. She tries to push the envelope too much too soon instead of sticking to the tried and true until her partner gets comfortable with the movement of dance. Her choreography is not appreciate by judges, who often chastise her for being too gimmicky or cutting edge. Since he is one of my early favorites, I'd like to see if he gets a chance to progress and become a really good dancer.
    I didn't care for the opening number Lacey choreographed for the ladies. It seemed too much posing and smoochy faces than dancing. Louis did a better job with the guys. One of the reasons I often can't side with Lacey is because she can get too gimmicky too fast, say they're doing it for the audience, and stray away from traditonal ballroom-then seem to be upset when the judges don't like it. I think there's a way of sticking to ballroom and doing a memorable routine that isn't too theatrical and full of gimmicks but just enough to stand out. Mark is definitely one of my favorites, and I think has the goods to last. Personality, and possibly even dance wise, I rank him ahead of Aaron, who doesn't do much for me. I think of them men those 2 and Donny probably stand the best chance of winning-but I still think a woman may take it all.

FORT Fanatic

Mark called into a radio show in which he explained that he totally blanked out, and improvised extra Kung Fu moves. He says he did just automatically did an ugly Kung Fu kick and kept going.

He's such a gentleman and gave all props to Lacey, saying she didn't choreograph all those extra moves, but he just simply forgot... I know how that it happens, I've blanked out in competition, you "gap" out and it takes awhile to get back, so for him to keep going like that was pretty good...I think up until then he was definitely working on a 8 for that routine. If he totally frozen he might not even have got a 6.

FORT Fanatic

I love Gilles confidence in Mark

I like to see the underdog make a statement. You dont have to be like Aaron Carter. hes danced all his life, Marini alum told RadarOnline.com during the Macy and American Express
    Passport AIDS fundraiser in Los Angeles. The purpose of the show is that someone can teach someone something. And Mark Dacasos is really that person.

+ Reply to Thread