+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

I grew to like Lacey last season. I think season 7 in general just put me sour to any and all changes, including her addition. But it's funny, because I like Lance and didn't expect to like Steve-O in the slightest. I get the impression he still lives up to his Jackass image behind the scenes, but on screen they were a lot of fun to watch and even though his dancing wasn't the best I admired his effort. At least he looked like he was trying and having fun in the process. I'm kind of hoping they drop the whole rebel of the ballroom act with her. I can't say she's my favorite or I'd miss her if she took a season off, but this is one pair I honestly hope comes out and knocks everyone's socks off and maybe takes out some of the more well known couples (especially those I'm not rooting for ) Given the comments in different articles, it sounds like they have a good shot!

Premium Member

It also doesn't hurt that Mark is a hottie. I can definitely route for that too.

FORT Fanatic

I am loving this guy! If you want to see hot, take a look at Crying Freeman a movie he did with Julie before she was his wife.
    Oh and his twitter is so adorable.

This from yesterday:
    Lacey left studio a little while ago, I'm still working on a few of my moves. Won't know our voting # until tomorrow. Thank you for asking.
    And this
    Thank you again for all of your support. Please know that we are going to give our 100% tomorrow night. We want to be worthy of your time.
    This guy is sooooooo likable. I love his look, his sense of fun,
    but most of all he's taking this casting seriously and wants to do well.

He actually has a more extensive acting resume than I had realized and has several new films scheduled for release this year and next. I'll have to watch for them on Netflix.

If Mark can dance, and I anticipate that he can, he'll have a good percentage of my votes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'll be disappointed beyond words if all the pre-show hype of Mark amd his being the underdog and possibly the one to beat turns out to be false. I don't think it will, but I'll feel better after I see them cha cha tonight Of the men I'm all about Mark and Donny.

FORT Fanatic

He's going to have strong competition from Aaron, Donny, and Michael tonight. I really don't see the others factoring into the race. I think Mark needs fans, though, he's a virtual unknown in the US despite all of his films.

In a little rehearsal clip on Good Morning America Aaron looks really good, and Michael is turning on the charm, I imagine Donny will do the same.

Mark looks nervous but great, IMHO.

FORT Fanatic

This is an amazing Tweet:

Thank you! IF we make it past the next few weeks, Lacey would like to incorporate the B-twist (scary in heels!. Aloha
    OMG if he puts a Butterfly twist into a routine that would amaze me.

You guys know so much about Mark, I appreciate that you share it all. I've been talking Mark up to all my friends, we need to build that fan base. The great thing is once (tonight) we get his phone #, it will be the same # throughout the season.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3707707;
    He's going to have strong competition from Aaron, Donny, and Michael tonight. I really don't see the others factoring into the race. I think Mark needs fans, though, he's a virtual unknown in the US despite all of his films.

In a little rehearsal clip on Good Morning America Aaron looks really good, and Michael is turning on the charm, I imagine Donny will do the same.

Mark looks nervous but great, IMHO.
    I try to look on the bright side: Gilles was pretty much an unknown and finished in 2nd. Many were confusing Brooke Burke and Brooke Burns and Brooke ended up winning. I don't honestly know how well Ty was known, but I don't think his fan base was as big as some. For the first round at least, I think he'll be safe, but I'll still be voting like crazy for him (I'm not taking chances). I do think Michael will have the football fan brigade behind him, but if his dancing is mediocre and is more LT than Emmitt, he may not be too long. After this week all the ladies get factored in with the men, so Mark may have a little more wiggle room. Aaron, bleh, I'm hoping his attitude does him in. Plus, he's with Karina, who's known for giving a little attitude herself. She's not with Maks anymore, so the show may not give her any sympathy. I'm sure Aaron will be around for awhile, but I hope to god he's nowhere near the end.

Mark wasn't quite as strong as I thought, but as Tom so nicely pointed out to Len "It's only one dance". I had heard they were dancing to Kung Fu Fighting, so I figured that had to do with his martial arts background more than him being Asian as others suggested (or maybe it was both, who knows). I actually thought the martial arts added a nice touch and weren't too much or too little. While Lacey has grown on me, oddly enough when she was paired with a guy I was ready to despise and not the boy bander I liked, I hope she's learned. Be the rebel of the ballroom all you want, but you know Len hates barefoot rumbas and not sticking to the traditional elements of the ballroom dance. So I hope she stays on the right path and if she doesn't, I do hope they call her out. Mark seems very determined and ready to learn and give it his all. He looked nervous tonight, so hopefully first night jitters are out of the way. This is one duo I'm going to be rooting for, as Mark does have loads of potential and can improve big time. I place him second to Donny dance wise, then Aaron (as much as I hate to admit it), but no one else is even close.

+ Reply to Thread