+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

A lot of people are thinking he's going to do very well, if not win. And I've never heard of the guy Anyway, in terms of paying dues, I know DWTS doesn't take that into consideration. I think they almost have to give Cheryl, Mark, Derek, and Maks bad partners once in a blue moon just because. But Lacey got Lance her first season, and made the final 3. Inna Brayer got Ted McGinley, was booted second, and never seen again. Anna T (one of my faves) has had early exits the last two times she was on, and I'm not hopeful she's going to be around long this time, either Jonathan has had 2 first boots the last 2 times he was on the show. I'm not sure how he and Macy will fare. Louis didn't do so well in season 6 and is returning again after 2 seasons off, and gets Kellie Osbourne when he could have had Mya or MJH, as they would have matched up height wise. I'm not saying Lacey doesn't deserve good partners, too, but I think everyone's paid their dues, and I hope she doesn't fall into the pattern like those I listed above that seem to be favored by the producers and/or luck out at every turn (okay, so techinically I guess that's no one's fault). And I'm already dreading next season when Julianne likely makes her return, and someone else gets booted for her. And she'll probably get the ringer again, too.

FORT Fanatic

And I'm already dreading next season when Julianne likely makes her return, and someone else gets booted for her. And she'll probably get the ringer again, too.
    While I agree that Julianne got annoying with her shameless shelf-promotion, of country music, especially with her boyfriend last season I can't agree that she's ever had a ringer.

She got adorable Olympian Apolo and the epitome of getting out the Fanbase vote in Helio. Then she got Adam Carolla. I loved Adam, but his dance skill was limited. But none of these guys ever had anywhere near any professional dance experience that the ringers like Mya or Kristie Yamaguchi had.

FORT Fanatic

It's great that Mark and Lacey are in it to win it. He twittered about really being serious about ballroom dancing and taping the rehearsals.

FORT Fanatic

Mark had an injury in rehearsals showing Lacey a capoeira move, but apparently he's fine and I know these guys are going to be fierce competitors.

FORT Newbie

He is such a ham on Iron Chef, which I think will be an asset. Athletic, handsome, likeable and Lacey as a formidable partner...a lot of potential this season. Of course it remains to be seen if he's got rhythm!

Quote Originally Posted by chimichurri;3686231;
    He is such a ham on Iron Chef, which I think will be an asset. Athletic, handsome, likeable and Lacey as a formidable partner...a lot of potential this season. Of course it remains to be seen if he's got rhythm!
    That is my one worry. He definitely has everything else to make a great competitor but if the boy ain't got rhythm.....

He is the one to watch in my book this season.

FORT Fanatic

I think he has rhythm. He'd get a round house to the head if he didn't. Caporiera is relentless.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Lacey seems very excited and I've heard he's been doing well. Lacey isn't my favorite pro but this is one pair I think I could root for. Given his background I think he'll be the most dedicated if anything.

Who is John Galt?

I really like this guy. I've seen many of his movies, but my favorite was Brotherhood of the Wolf - he was terrific in it (and he speaks fluent French). His agility, smallish muscular build, and ability to move his body well should make him a real threat in the dance department. Besides, his parents were dancers (didn't I read that in the bio) so he probably has some natural ability. It takes a lot of energy and stamina to be a martial artist and that should give him an advantage among the other dancers. Plus, I think he is adorable. I like the more exotic types.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3687859;
    I really like this guy. I've seen many of his movies, but my favorite was Brotherhood of the Wolf - he was terrific in it (and he speaks fluent French). His agility, smallish muscular build, and ability to move his body well should make him a real threat in the dance department. Besides, his parents were dancers (didn't I read that in the bio) so he probably has some natural ability. It takes a lot of energy and stamina to be a martial artist and that should give him an advantage among the other dancers. Plus, I think he is adorable. I like the more exotic types.
    Gilles was in to martial arts and it certainly helped him, especially with the Paso Doble.

+ Reply to Thread