+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

As mentioned by a friend on the abc board, Anna has had to teach and choreograph most of the Samba. They worked on this dance to 11:45, last evening...this morning they will be rehearsing the Paso solo.

Anna's twitters are pretty much the story:

Mark and I just finished the Samba,still need to run it with music and clean up.He's holding up great!such a trooper!2morrow is- Paso solo
    about 6 hours ago from UberTwitter
    Oh...Happy Halloween everybody!I know I'm sort of late with greetings,but some of you're still celebrating I'm sure)
    about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter
    I was more in "let's get this dancing down,Mark" mood tonight.Oh well,I had my fun last night as 70is Marie Ozmond
    Sorry @MellyJHart I've missed your party was rehearsing till almost midnight.starting at 8:30am on Sunday.Lots of xoxo.
    Alright.Finished Mark Samba:had to choreograph a lot.we're dancing Monday together.No party 4 me tonight;/will u come and watch us Monday?
    @ChuckLiddell Mark D says hello,btw.He said that all he knows about Samba is your dance with ruffles.You're an example for him sort of)

FORT Fanatic

Bruyce Zabel, creator of The Crow...Stairway To Heaven talks about new life for the Series

Bryce Zabel's FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: The Crow: Stairway to Heaven

FORT Fanatic

New Article on Mark and Dancing With the Stars
    Jeanne Jakle: Footwork never ends for 'Dancing' contestant

FORT Fanatic

For anyone who would like to see Mark dancing again, he's going to really need the vote this week.
    Anna's Twitter:

At this point it is what it is...Fingers crossed.A little luck would be helpful too
    about 3 hours ago from

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3741126;
    For anyone who would like to see Mark dancing again, he's going to really need the vote this week.
    Anna's Twitter:
    I just don't see Mark expressing any of the emotional content of any of the dances--and emotional content is a big aspect of being a good ballroom dancer.

So--even though his technique may be "improving"--he needs to be expressive--IE--to show some emotion and show some sort of emotional connection with his partner before he'll get votes from me.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3741207;
    I just don't see Mark expressing any of the emotional content of any of the dances--and emotional content is a big aspect of being a good ballroom dancer.

So--even though his technique may be "improving"--he needs to be expressive--IE--to show some emotion and show some sort of emotional connection with his partner before he'll get votes from me.

Well I feel Mark has been really exciting with expressiveness I see improvements with every outing.
    And I actually love the expressiveness here:

Quickstep
    http://cdn.sheknows.com/realitytvmag...cey-week-3.jpg

Two Step
    ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Photos

Paso Doble
    302174/319494

Jitterbug- Adorable

Mileage varies, of course, but I see a guy who's really come out of his shell of martial arts and is becoming a real performer.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-02-2009 at 11:05 AM.

FORT Fanatic

With Melissa gone, I will be sending votes Mark's way tonight. Sounds like he has had a tough week. I hope that things go well for him and Anna.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3741207;

I like that Mark is very attentive to what is being said to him whether it is to a judge or to his partner. He strikes me as the kind of person that when you are talking to him, you are the very center of his universe for that moment in time. In my estimation, this character trait which makes people feel "special" is shared by very few, including myself whose mind has the definite tendency to want to race ahead.

Perhaps the tendency for Mark to show too little expressive emotion relates to the martial arts which may be given to the drama and haughtiness of the paso but are certainly not given to joy, romantic love, or angst of some of the other dances.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Well, it's appreciated that some are voting because he's had a tough week. I am hopeful he's worthy of your votes after this week as well. I vote for someone with potential, and Mark to me is emerging with real potential to do very well. The Paso Doble was definitely a break through and the Jitterbug was pure Joy for me to watch. I have no illusion that the Samba will be his optimum given the circumstances, but I do think he has what it takes, and I would like to see him there next week

FORT Fanatic

Anna's Twitter is stressing me out... oh well, he's giving it his best shot.

At the DWTS set.We have our first Samba stage rehearsal in an hour.That's cause we only danced it to music yesterday evening.Oi...

+ Reply to Thread