Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Interview with Mark on KTLA today

Entertainment - KTLA

FORT Fanatic

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3726541;
    Mixed race and Asians in general, in my opinion age more gracefully than caucasians. He lives a very healthy lifestyle, obviously marital arts is part of his daily regime, he drinks only occassionally and is a health nut about his body because he has to be that way for any stunt work he does in film. He's quite thin right now, he's says he's normally 153-156 lbs, slight for a man of 5' 9'' but he's dropped to about 148. Like many that drop will show on the face.
    Mark has very high cheekbones and very low body weight. His face was a bit fuller when he was younger, but aging has brought out his strong bone structure. Asian men, in particular, seem to have more pronounced cheek and jaw bones with tighter skin. They don't seem to age as quickly as caucasians (Asian women also). I saw a movie with Joan Chen made in Australia and she looked about 30 years old (and she has to be 50 at least) and didn't look like she'd had any surgical aid (her body was great too). Lucky them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726561;
    Fair enough. The points you raise are valid.
    Don't get me wrong - I thought this guy was going to win the whole deal the first week. He just seems to have tensed up so much.
    But last night was his best since the first week.
    I would have no problem with Mark in the final, especially if he could knock off Aaron and Mya.
    I am going to admit that I too had the thought the first week that Mark could...go...all..the...way ( excuse me, I have been watching too much ESPN ).
    My take on his facial expressions is that it is a trick of the trade so to speak, a product of the martial arts perhaps?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

I'm very pumped for the dance of El Matador this week for Mark. A dance of the bullfight completely in his wheelhouse. What he's demonstrated so far on the floor in terms of striking amazing lines will be perfect for this dance, as well as his economy in the spin turns, and when Mark B and Derek do an airborne double pirouette in this dance I'm thinking MarkD will also be able to do it, if Lacey choreographs it,..and I'm guessing the cape work will be something he can handle.

FORT Fanatic

1. Did we know that Lacey and Gilles were such big buddies? I guess I've never heard that. She wasn't his partner. If it's just general comraderie, then there are a ton of couples still left but he said he was "so pulling for them to win."
    The obvious was staring me in the face when I was watching the Paso Doble youtube of Gilles and Cheryl....they went to the Wushu Martial Arts Centre in LA to practice, and Gilles brought his son. Mark is an expert in Wushu and no doubt would be at that centre from time to time. Gilles may have even suggested Mark to be on the show.

FORT Newbie

She's parterned with one of my other favorite pros, Alec, who I hope lasts much longer this season than his past 3 attempts. I don't know much about Natalie but this is another pair I'm rooting for.

FORT Fanatic

Great in-depth interview of Mark...and why he's on the show
    Mark Dacascos dancing with Lacey Schwimmer on Dancing With the Stars season 9

FORT Fanatic

Mark is a Vampire in the Horror flick Wolfsbayne Sunday night on the SCI FI channel
    Wolvesbayne - Preview Review - Monsters and Critics

I'll be watching at least for a little bit ... I want to see Mark acting, and Jeremy London is my cousin.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread