+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Maybe since she is hurt, and Cheryls partner had to leave because of an injury - they would team up Cheryl and Mark. Wouldn't that be nice?
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

FORT Fanatic

Don't think I haven't thought about it, a million times!! But I sense that Lacey won't quit.

I love Gilles Marini's little twitter to Lacey

...@LaceySchwimmer Bring me some wine !!!! You know I am French . Work hard babe . I so want you guys to win. Mark is the nicest man on earth

Does Mark have Chinese blood in him?

FORT Fanatic

Yes. He's Philipino but he's multi-racial, Chinese, Japanese, Irish..

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3722011;
    We Irish always find our way in, don't we!

FORT Fanatic

Ah, we all have a little luck of the Irish!!

He has some Spanish ancestry as well, but he's predominately Asian.

He's an everyman

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3722011;
    On IMBD it says his dad is Filipino/Spanish/Chinese and mom is Irish/Japanese. In Hawaii, about 67-70% of the locals are mixed race, including my family. Mark is one of my favorites and has a reputation here as being a very nice man and down to earth.

FORT Fanatic

I don't doubt that he's a gem. He seems so kind and respectful.
    And generous. He's promoting Lacey's Jabba dance on his Twitter and his Youtube channel

Did you see Lacey's "secret" performance w/ the Jabbawockeez on #dwts - YouTube - realmarkd's Channel
    17 minutes ago from web

FORT Fanatic

Some of my fave Mark moments...

Mark singing - As the Crow- Eric Draven
    YouTube - The Crow - Closing Time

Mark as Mani in Brotherhood of the Wolf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efhp4...eature=related

Mark and Julie in Crying Freeman
    YouTube - Crying freeman, le choix de Yo et Emu, l'amour plus fort que tout, 1ére Partie!!!! 1er version.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3721263;
    I think she is a terrible choreographer and her dancing is average (for a pro) IMO. Mark got the short end of the stick paired with her. She is also too edgy for the judges (especially Len). Her costuming is also questionable. I like Mark and think he would have blossomed with a different pro, but I also think the judges are underscoring him.
    I take back what I said about Lacey growing on me. She choreographed the opening number for the women this season, and compared to Louis's version for the men, it was lame. All they did, all those talented female pros, was prance around and given kissy faces to the camera. Lacey's attitude has always bothered me, because she has the attitude of "I'll be the rebel of the ballroom" and do her own thing, break the rules, try and please the audience, but then seems upset when she gets the criticism or low scores. While other pros come under fire for making the routines about them, I think Lacey is the worst. That rumba was as much a rumba as her and Lance's paso was really the dance of the bullfighter. It seemed like she did most of the work and dancing. Mark does have some much potential and I think would have benefitted much better with another pro. Though not Cheryl, because I've got Cheryl fatigue I don't deny Cheryl's teaching abilities, but I'd like to see the other female pros get the same opportunites as her.

I guess they really want to get rid of Mark. They gave them the Country Two-Step next week.
    I think there's pros and cons to this dance choice: first, I'm betting anything CA will say the Lambada group killed everyone, though I don't think it's a fair fight. Second, he's in a group with Chuck and Louie. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. It depends on the judges. None of the pros seem to have much of a clue about these new dances, nor do the judges. This could be like season 7, where they just score what looks good without knowing the content of the dance. And of course, Mr. Grump could say he could never give a high score to a two step, just like he said he'd never give a Jitterbug a 10. Mark would probably have the advantage dance wise, however if it's about entertainment, Louie/Chelsie may take that, and Chuck/Anna have pretty good chemistry and since he can't dance for crap will have to rely on the fun factor. I pity everyone who got the two step, because between the 4 dances, I think this will be the hardest one to do.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-09-2009 at 01:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread