+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3719125;
    Kelly was definitely not happy, but Mark really didn't say too much except that everyone is working hard.

I'd like for Mark and Lacey to do well tonight. They definitely have the talent to well, so we'll see.
    Sorry, I forget we have two Marks I meant Mark Ballas. And I'm sure these aren't the only 3. Also Tony, who thinks he's annoying. I had read a comment that someone this season was a terror backstage and was name calling some of the contestants behind their backs, and couldn't believe all the nobodies they were cast with (if Spencer Pratt was here he'd be my guess). My only guess would be Aaron, but the comment said that the person's pro partner was so miserable working with them, they were hoping they'd be eliminated so they wouldn't have to put up with them anymore. The comments came after the first elimination, but I guess it could have been Macy/Jonathan.

Anyway, I think Mark could very well pick up steam. He hasn't being bad at all so far, and he's been very enjoyable to watch. The only polls I follow are Dial Idol and Vote #1, but I'm not sure where he stands in other polls or how accurate any of them can really be. At any rate, a lot of people like me who had never heard of him are jumping on the bandwagon, so I think he's got tons of potential to do well, as long as Lacey doesn't blow it. She's probably one pro I would put all the blame on if the judges call out the choreography.

FORT Fanatic

I'm very disappointed. I don't want to bag on Lacey, but it seems some of the Lacey fans thinks she's just not into it this season, maybe it's the injury she sustained, maybe its the album she's working on... but there were obvious coaching issues there that were missed on that performance. Hopefully she'll find the will to teach Mark, because he's a willing learner. I hate to see obvious talent underutilized.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3719893;
    I'm very disappointed. I don't want to bag on Lacey, but it seems some of the Lacey fans thinks she's just not into it this season, maybe it's the injury she sustained, maybe its the album she's working on... but there were obvious coaching issues there that were missed on that performance. Hopefully she'll find the will to teach Mark, because he's a willing learner. I hate to see obvious talent underutilized.
    I'm not sure how much of that was for show, but she seems to be impatient with Mark in rehearsals. Considering that she had Steve-O last season who was determined to do things his own way and often disasterously, unless it's because she may not be feeling well, I don't quite understand a lack of patience with Mark who has infinitely more ability than Steve-O.

I thought his routine was better than it was scored last night. However, I was not impressed with Lacey's costume. Whereas Mya's and Natalie's costumes gave me the impression of being seductive, Lacey's gave me more of a raunchy impression.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

I guess they really want to get rid of Mark. They gave them the Country Two-Step next week.

While I have always liked Lacey as a dancer, I think her choreography is frequently not quite right for this show. I would have loved to see Mark paired with Cheryl, who does wonderful choreograhy, is a great teacher, and always brings out the best in her partners.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I would have loved for Mark to get Cheryl..I think they would look stunning together. Not only that, Mark would get the proper coaching.

FORT Fanatic

Well they are off to NYC to the Food and Wine Festival on Thursday...I send them good vibes, and maybe a few tipples to take the edge off and have some fun.

Fingers crossed for a good week ahead for them. I actually think the Two-Step might be okay. Lacey knows it, and if they are allowed some lifts, it might be half way entertaining.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3720096;
    While I have always liked Lacey as a dancer, I think her choreography is frequently not quite right for this show. I would have loved to see Mark paired with Cheryl, who does wonderful choreograhy, is a great teacher, and always brings out the best in her partners.
    I think she is a terrible choreographer and her dancing is average (for a pro) IMO. Mark got the short end of the stick paired with her. She is also too edgy for the judges (especially Len). Her costuming is also questionable. I like Mark and think he would have blossomed with a different pro, but I also think the judges are underscoring him.

FORT Fanatic

Gotta say my worst fears were realized last week with that terrible choreography and costumes for the Rumba.

Oh well, hoping she can do better by him because he does need a positive direction.

I'd like to go to this to meet Mark..love NYC in the Fall..

October 7th, 2009

Come meet Mark IN PERSON on Friday and Saturday in NYC!

Mark and Lacey will be on hand for the New York City Wine and Food Festival presented by Food Network and Food & Wine Magazine. Mark will be on-site at Pier 54 for the Grand Tasting exhibit from 11:30 to 3:00PM on Friday and 10:30 to 4:30PM on Saturday. You may also run into the dancing duo Friday evening at one of the featured events; Meatpacking Uncorked, Burger Bash at the Tobacco Warehouse, or Midnight Music and Munchies at the City Winery.

More information, including ticket info and directions at the official website: Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival, October 8 - 11, 2009

FORT Fanatic

According to their twitters they're leaving this afternoon for NYC. Lacey has had to get more therapy on her hip.

+ Reply to Thread