Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Louie Vito - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Louie Vito - Season 9

Louie Vito

PROFESSION:
    Professional snowboarder

BACKGROUND:
    We can't wait to watch this champion pro boarder shuffle down from the slopes to the floor of the Dancing with the Stars set in Season 9.

Daredevil Louie Vito is among the U.S.'s elite snowboarders favored to make the 2010 Olympic team. Competing in both the Pipe and Slopestyle disciplines, Vito continues to train for the Grand Prix qualifying.

The 21-year-old turned pro in 2006 and has competed in multiple Winter X-Games competitions. He is also a two-time winner of the USSA Grand Prix Halfpipe Series. His technical diversity and charismatic personality make him one of the most sought-after riders today.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

Re: Louie Vito - Season 9

I will be watching my first season ever of this show because of Louie. He is an absolute sweetheart!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Never heard of him. I'm surprised, if he wants to compete in the Olympics next year, he would go on the show now. Apparently he's being honest that he hasn't ever watched, otherwise he might have stayed away given the recent trend in injuries

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe his coach would allow this when he is this close to the possible Olympic spot. Nancy is still nursing her injury, and wasn't it another Olympian who injured herself that was with Maks? Not a good idea in my book, but not my call.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3671302;
    I cannot believe his coach would allow this when he is this close to the possible Olympic spot. Nancy is still nursing her injury, and wasn't it another Olympian who injured herself that was with Maks? Not a good idea in my book, but not my call.
    That was Misty Treanor, who had just returned from the Beijing Olympics. She lasted only 3 weeks, I think, before injuring her Achilles tendon. Jewel also had a knee injury. It surprises me he'd even have the time considering he hasn't even made the Olympic team, which makes me wonder how much time he'll have to devote to the show.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

He looks about ten years old.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

The Washington Post has a good article about him today. He sounds like he could be a fun contestant to follow.

washingtonpost.com

FORT Regular

How is he going to handle this and Olympics right around the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3706094;
    The Washington Post has a good article about him today. He sounds like he could be a fun contestant to follow.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

He sounds like he might have a personality similar to Ty Murray's. He could end up going far, like Ty did, based on his personality. Louie certainly sounds down to earth. I'll look forward to his & Chelsie's foxtrot if he is going to dance in a plaid suit as the article stated.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3706510;
    He sounds like he might have a personality similar to Ty Murray's. He could end up going far, like Ty did, based on his personality. Louie certainly sounds down to earth. I'll look forward to his & Chelsie's foxtrot if he is going to dance in a plaid suit as the article stated.
    Now Chelsie is a pro that I hope is around for a long time. I absolutely loved her and Ty last year. In photos and videos they look like a cute little teen couple. He seems somewhat shy, but I think they may be the sleepers. Chelsie has a strong fanbase, and I think as long as Louie doesn't completely tank, they may slip through for a few weeks. If she can get Ty to the final 4, I think anything's possible. Apparently the song they are dancing to is "It's My Life" by No Doubt. Between that and a plaid suit, this could be one memorable dance

How is he going to handle this and Olympics right around the corner?

Good question I'm still surprised he and his coaches would want to risk any injury. I'm guessing that the show may have wanted a snowboarder or a different type of athlete, and maybe Louie thought it was good press? He hasn't even made the Olympic team yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast