+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3710615;
    Don't get me wrong, I just want to squeeze Mya whenever she's on. Her smile, her voice, everything about her is so dang adorable. However. I don't want somebody with that much training and experience to win. AGAIN. If I was a celeb and the ringers kept walking away with it? I wouldn't bother coming on this show anymore.

Which is why I'm pulling for Natalie or Kelly. I want somebody with little to no training, somebody that everybody assumed would be a bumbling oath to charm the pants off us and wow us with their improvement and then take the trophy. To me it would do a heck of a lot to restore credibility to this show.

Also, I just rewatched both nights (btw my dvr ATE the results show...so no touching Swayze tribute for me and that makes me want to cry)....and what I took away from watching was the difference in what Louis did.

He taught Kelly the basics. She was the ONLY one in the cha cha cha to actually do cha cha steps. She was the ONLY one to swing those hips properly. She was the ONLY one who did the basic footwork and holds right. If she manages to stick around? She will be amazing before too long because Louis is making sure to teach her the fundamentals and building from there. I applaud him for that. It's a very smart thing on his part, not to mention that it's instilling a love for it in her and that showed when she was dancing. She was LOVING what she was doing and she charmed me because of it and I have to say I was prepared to not like her.
    I get what you're saying. Personally, I'd rather see the people learning to dance rather than seeing the dancers dance and have an advantage. Granted, I realize that there are a variety of different forms of dance and it doesn't mean you can transition into ballroom, but regardless, you can tell who has experience and who doesn't. I think above all I'd rather be entertained by someone that's got some sense of rhythm in their feet than be bored by seeing the ringer waltz into every week and take home the trophy. Of course, Mel B could be considered a ringer and I liked her. But I got more fun out of watching Warren Sapp than Brooke Burke, Jason and Cristian than Kristi, Ty, Steve-O, and Gilles over Shawn, Melissa, and Lil Kim. If Kelly's taken dance classes, I can't really say it showed. Personally, while I thought her VW was one of the best dances of the night (though there's definitely more competition with the women than the men) I still think Mya gave a better performance and deserved high marks. Of course if Len had given her an 8, it would have been a 3 way tie for first after the first round and then a two way tie for first after the second round. I'm glad Len isn't messing around this year.

I think Kelly does have a way to go, but for me I was more impressed that this one time hard partying, foul mouthed, daughter of a rocker goth princess transformed so lovely into a lady. I can't even say Mel B got that far It's week 1 so I don't want to set my expectations too high just yet, but there's plenty of time to improve. I think Kelly was more surprised by the reaction she got than anything else. Right now, from the ladies, I'm rooting for her, Natalie, Debi, and Mya, but I'd prefer one of the first 3 to win. And I'm so excited Louis got her! He seems thrilled, and I'm glad they get along so well.

BTW, someone asked who the blonde guy was sitting next to Ozzy and Sharon-that was Kelly's boyfriend.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-26-2009 at 01:05 PM.

FORT Regular

Kelly was so young when she was on The Osbournes. It is so nice to see her grown up and having so much fun. I hope she continues to be good.

Who is John Galt?

Kelly got very lucky to have the BEST teacher/choreographer in Louis. And he lucked out getting a short, young girl he could mold and we could watch her progress. She did a great job and is obviously finally realizing that it is time to grow up and stop acting out to get attention from her folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3711339;
    I wouldn't say fantastic, not even close...but whatever. She gave the impression that she couldn't dance, but she obviously had prior training, and you take DANCE lessons in a Hip Hop class, not Jazzcercize, whether it's in the name of exercise or not. If she thought she was a useless cow who couldn't dance good for her she got cleaned up and proved something to herself. But she's got a long way to go in this competition, and the show really pushed the envelope on this one, making people believe she was some sort of Napolean Dynamite who, because of this show transformed into a swan..I can't swallow the hype.

I'm already tired of the Kelly hype. She is obviously the judges favorite....Why? Are the parents all that powerful? She isn't all that good nor is she the worst but the judges need to be fair, that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3713190;
    Kelly got very lucky to have the BEST teacher/choreographer in Louis. And he lucked out getting a short, young girl he could mold and we could watch her progress. She did a great job and is obviously finally realizing that it is time to grow up and stop acting out to get attention from her folks.

This is probably the first time she's done something positive on her own and I think she is so pleased with herself and afraid to fail. I wish her the best, she's my favorite of the ladies.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3713859;
    She is obviously the judges favorite....Why? Are the parents all that powerful? She isn't all that good nor is she the worst but the judges need to be fair, that would be nice.
    No, it's that she's so sweet and likable and clearly excited to be there. I don't think she's the judges favorite or her scores this week would have been higher. Regardless, I think she's adorable and I love seeing her do something outside of her family. I teared up last week when she ran right to her folks after her performance. They're obviously so close as a family and Ozzie and Sharon are so proud of her. It's endearing.

If Louis can help her get control of her nerves, I think she'll be around for a while. I'm sure we'll be getting a segment showing her at the hypnotherapist's office soon!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm already tired of the Kelly hype. She is obviously the judges favorite....Why? Are the parents all that powerful? She isn't all that good nor is she the worst but the judges need to be fair, that would be nice.
    The judges have always played favorites. I think they were just impressed, as was a good percentage of the audience. This week I felt they scored her as fairly as they scored everyone else, and for whatever reason, they wanted everyone to be a few points apart. I didn't really agree with the majority of the scoring. I think Kelly has "the story". Take a look at her back during the Osbourne reality show craze and now. Like two totally different people. It reminds me of the Dell commercial where the goth girl and the Miss Mary Sunshine pretty in pink girl wind up being roommates and supposedly bond over both having Dell computers.

They made me dizzy this week with their tango. Louis is one of my favorite pros ever and I'm so excited he returned this season. I feel Louis is, to the show, a take him or leave him pro and if they ditched any of the male pros this season, it'd probably be him and Jonathan. I want Louis to last awhile and maybe become more of a regular face again. He has a great partner in Kelly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3715433;
    The judges have always played favorites. I think they were just impressed, as was a good percentage of the audience. This week I felt they scored her as fairly as they scored everyone else, and for whatever reason, they wanted everyone to be a few points apart. I didn't really agree with the majority of the scoring. I think Kelly has "the story". Take a look at her back during the Osbourne reality show craze and now. Like two totally different people. It reminds me of the Dell commercial where the goth girl and the Miss Mary Sunshine pretty in pink girl wind up being roommates and supposedly bond over both having Dell computers.

They made me dizzy this week with their tango. Louis is one of my favorite pros ever and I'm so excited he returned this season. I feel Louis is, to the show, a take him or leave him pro and if they ditched any of the male pros this season, it'd probably be him and Jonathan. I want Louis to last awhile and maybe become more of a regular face again. He has a great partner in Kelly.
    That interview last season with the show's producer indicated that he is all about "the story" with the contestants. Kelly is the one with "the story" this season, topping even Tom who has the legal problems.

The tango is about the ultimate straight up, stiff backbone and posture. Kelly's back and shoulders were doughy, soft and puffy. The judges' comments and scores while encouraging, nevertheless reflected the poor technical points to her performance.

Like others I am heartened to see the butterfly coming out of the cocoon. However, regardless of the judges', audience's, and posters' favorable reaction, the vote on the fan polls for Kelly has not been very high. Unless that vote picks up substantially and fairly soon, Kelly may not stay around many more weeks.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

I think the reason for the hype is ratings...Get Ozzy and Sharon in the front row, milk the cryfest and boost the overnight share. The show is ABC's number #1 grab and they're getting beaten by the competition in their timeslot. People are complaining theres' too many contestants and not enough of them to care about. So, do something dramatic. My guess is moving forward there may be a few more changes to what they're doing because so far the ratings aren't reflecting well.

I started laughing when Kelly was getting her evaluation from the judges ... cut to Sharon and her expression was screaming murder!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread