+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 191

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

  1. #51
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,868

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709745;
    Thanks! What is her Twitter name?

    I didn't even know that they were going to do encore dances this season. And I remember all the controvery last season about them doing that, LOL.

    But maybe it's different because the encore dance will be after the eliminations (Tom said the eliminations will happen first, unless I dreamt that, LOL).
    Kelly's Twitter name is MissKellyO

  2. #52
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3709602;
    What I appreciated most last night was the rare but definite reminder that for all their years of posturing and performing for the cameras, that underneath it all the Osbournes are actual real people.

    Sharon I was fully expecting to gush, but that stunned and proud look on Ozzy's face was the most genuine emotion I think we've seen out of the man in a decade.

    And Kelly deserved the praise. She wasn't "great" simply because it makes a nice reality story arc, she was actually genuinely great. She's always come off as the most vulnerable person in that sometimes crass family, but its nice to see that she's matured. As she gets older you can see a lot more of her mother in her, and that's a good thing I think.
    ITA with you. I was welling up with tears when I watched the outpouring of pride and emotion from her parents. Kelly looked beautiful with her hair done that way - very classy - and I like that Louis kept the classic and classy parts of the dance. She looked so genuinely happy - deservedly so and she appears humble and modest. Hearing her wonderful British accent without expletives in there was an added bonus.

    I was also impressed with her interview response on Monday night when she was asked about how she felt hearing the judges' feedback. She said it was hard because they all supported one another, but then you realize that the judges are the professionals so you have to take it in stride.

    Anyway, while I don't particularly care for Black Sabbath music or Ozzy Osbourne musically, I did enjoy Meet the Osbournes when it was on years ago. As dysfunctional as the family may have appeared, I always got the sense they were an intact family unit that really looked out for one another and really loves one another.

  3. #53
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    I was so surprised by both of her dances last night.
    The Viennese Waltz was wonderful. She had so much grace and poise and she and Louis obviously work brilliantly together.
    I love the song they danced to, so I thought at least I can enjoy the song, well somewhat considering how bad the singers are, but I really enjoyed the dance too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3709602;
    What I appreciated most last night was the rare but definite reminder that for all their years of posturing and performing for the cameras, that underneath it all the Osbournes are actual real people.

    Sharon I was fully expecting to gush, but that stunned and proud look on Ozzy's face was the most genuine emotion I think we've seen out of the man in a decade.

    And Kelly deserved the praise. She wasn't "great" simply because it makes a nice reality story arc, she was actually genuinely great. She's always come off as the most vulnerable person in that sometimes crass family, but its nice to see that she's matured. As she gets older you can see a lot more of her mother in her, and that's a good thing I think.
    Excellent post! ITA. I expected nothing but got a very pleasant surprise with Kelly! What a lovely woman she has become and genuinely deserves the praise she received for her performance. I am glad you raised the point about the Osburnes being a real family with real emotion which can be easily overlooked because we know their TV/show persona, not necessarily their true intimate family moments. I am looking forward to seeing Kelly and Louis for the long term this season!

  5. #55
    it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    200

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Bravo Kelly Osbourne! My favorite dance of ladies night. Can't wait to see this young woman blossom in the weeks to come.

  6. #56
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709309;
    Wow, I never thought of that.

    Regarding Sharon's weight, I would think it is medical-related, but that is just speculation. She battled cancer (haven't heard any recent info, though), so maybe it is a side effect of drugs she must take? I was surprised a long while ago to find that I like Sharon (again, the family reality show, even though I saw very, very little of it). I don't even remember the show that changed my mind about her.. .some talk show thingy with her as the host.

    ETA: The other thing about Kelly is that she is probably the youngest female on the show (so look out, everyone else but the athletes and those with dance experience!). She has fabulous legs already, too. I wonder what type of physical workout she has in her background, or did she get born with those legs.
    Sharon had her stomach band removed which she had done many years ago. She feared the battle with weight being upon her again but it was medically necessary to remove it. Her cancer was treated and she has been cancer free for some time now and would have nothing to do with weight gain.

    I believe that Kelly has matured into the person we see before us and this is a great place to show everyone that she is, indeed, a fabulous young lady!

  7. #57
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the Camp of Gilles
    Posts
    627

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Count me among the legions who groaned when they say Kelly's name on the contestant list, but were amazed and moved by her performance and her demeanor on the show. I know I'm a sucker, but I got teary when she came out and was so graceful and lovely and danced so beautifully, and Sharon started to cry. (I love Sharon.) It looked as if Louis was almost pinching himself to restrain a tear there too. Louis has always been one of my favorites, and from what people have said about him he has the reputation of a wonderful teacher IRL.

    I was so happy for them all, and I hope they continue to do well.

  8. #58
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3710225;
    Sharon had her stomach band removed which she had done many years ago. She feared the battle with weight being upon her again but it was medically necessary to remove it. Her cancer was treated and she has been cancer free for some time now and would have nothing to do with weight gain.

    I believe that Kelly has matured into the person we see before us and this is a great place to show everyone that she is, indeed, a fabulous young lady!
    Oh, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    Count me among the legions who groaned when they say Kelly's name on the contestant list, but were amazed and moved by her performance and her demeanor on the show. I know I'm a sucker, but I got teary when she came out and was so graceful and lovely and danced so beautifully, and Sharon started to cry. (I love Sharon.) It looked as if Louis was almost pinching himself to restrain a tear there too. Louis has always been one of my favorites, and from what people have said about him he has the reputation of a wonderful teacher IRL.

    I was so happy for them all, and I hope they continue to do well.
    I noticed that, too. It looked to me like he was wiping tears away from both eyes at the same time, with one hand.

    He must be very excited about having Kelly as a partner, on his comeback, and he's so obviously proud of her.

    I'm adding him to my list of fave pros.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  9. #59
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    I've loved Louis ever since he danced with Lisa Rinna and it was cemented with he danced with Monique Coleman (I think that was her name lol...HSM girl) because of how kind and patient he was with both these women. Then he just started nailing all these choreography routines and the cross over into SYTYCD. He is one of my favorite pros.

    I'm so happy for him.

    But even more than that I'm thrilled that I was wrong about Kelly. That in spite of how clumpy she always seemed to walk that she has a grace in her that I never saw coming. I love happy little surprises like this. Right now I'm hoping she wins for that transformation alone (well that and I would just love to see Louis get a win!)

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,947

    Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3710370;
    Count me among the legions who groaned when they say Kelly's name on the contestant list, but were amazed and moved by her performance and her demeanor on the show. I know I'm a sucker, but I got teary when she came out and was so graceful and lovely and danced so beautifully, and Sharon started to cry. (I love Sharon.) It looked as if Louis was almost pinching himself to restrain a tear there too. Louis has always been one of my favorites, and from what people have said about him he has the reputation of a wonderful teacher IRL.

    I was so happy for them all, and I hope they continue to do well.
    Kind of reminds me a little of a 2009 version of Eliza Doolittle being transformed from a cockney flower girl into a lady by Professor Higgins in My Fair Lady.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.