+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

I love how close Kelly's family is. They've had some huge obstacles thrown at them (drug addiction in a family (let alone with several family members) is difficult at best. Yet they overcame it all and remained intact as a family. Truly wonderful. I was so happy to see her brother, Jack, in the audience last night. While she didn't win DWTS's, she's truly a winner. She has all the things that really matter in life. Looks like bratty, mouthy, vulgar Kelly has grown into a lovely young woman. I don't know her, but I feel like a proud momma!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

On GMA this morning Kelly mentioned that she initially was given a different partner and requested someone "more mature". Any idea who the initial partner was???

Louie was the perfect partner for her and seemed to really care about her. Loved seeing how protective and emotional he has been!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3757593;
    On GMA this morning Kelly mentioned that she initially was given a different partner and requested someone "more mature". Any idea who the initial partner was???

Louie was the perfect partner for her and seemed to really care about her. Loved seeing how protective and emotional he has been!
    Wow! That's interesting! Hopefully someone here will know the answer.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I never expected to like Kelly Osbourne as much as I did and said I felt sorry Louis got stuck with her. But those two almost had me crying during their confessionals. I don't think I've seen many bonds become that close on this show between a pro and the celeb. Kelly had so much respect for Louis and the process, and was determined not to let anyone down. Once she finally got her self confidence under control, she really came out of her shell. I think she knew she was getting 3rd place, but she just had fun during the finale. It was great she could laugh at their mess up both in the freestyle and megamix. I'm so happy for Louis, too, to have had such a great return. I loved every minute of these two and will really miss them next season.

That's interesting about Kelly, I wonder if said partner knew she didn't want him? That's the first I heard of that. My guess, maybe Mark, because they have the British connection (and we know the show just loves doing random things like that). I don't really know what other pro wouldn't be deemed mature. Debi said she requested Maks, so it probably wasn't him. Kathy and Macy needed the taller pros, so that would likely eliminate Jonathan and Tony. Their loss, Louis (and our) gain.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3757829;
    I don't really know what other pro wouldn't be deemed mature.
    My first thought was Derek.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3757829;
    I never expected to like Kelly Osbourne as much as I did and said I felt sorry Louis got stuck with her. But those two almost had me crying during their confessionals. I don't think I've seen many bonds become that close on this show between a pro and the celeb. Kelly had so much respect for Louis and the process, and was determined not to let anyone down. Once she finally got her self confidence under control, she really came out of her shell. I think she knew she was getting 3rd place, but she just had fun during the finale. It was great she could laugh at their mess up both in the freestyle and megamix. I'm so happy for Louis, too, to have had such a great return. I loved every minute of these two and will really miss them next season.

That's interesting about Kelly, I wonder if said partner knew she didn't want him? That's the first I heard of that. My guess, maybe Mark, because they have the British connection (and we know the show just loves doing random things like that). I don't really know what other pro wouldn't be deemed mature. Debi said she requested Maks, so it probably wasn't him. Kathy and Macy needed the taller pros, so that would likely eliminate Jonathan and Tony. Their loss, Louis (and our) gain.
    The sense that I got from Louis was intense satisfaction. I got the same sense from Tony with Melissa last season. While Tony may have been a little more disappointed that Melissa did not make it into the F2 because she had the capability/potential, I think Tony felt personally satisfied as a teacher that he and his partner had achieved what they had (Melissa with so little time and preseason preparation).
    I sensed from Louis enormous satisfaction and pride that given what she started with, Kelly had reached F3. I don't think Louis was realistically disappointed at all as I think he felt Kelly had achieved beyond what the two of them ever thought possible.

Congratulations to the two of them on what they achieved this season!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3757851;
    My first thought was Derek.
    He's my 2nd guess

FORT Fogey

I too give a lot of credit to Louis for treating Kelly as a real human being (instead of as a vehicle for his own self-promotion on a national tv show) by being so sensitive to her process as she found her own "voice" on this show.

How many other dance pros would do that?

This was a match-up made in heaven. I wonder if Kelly might view Louis as the older brother she doesn't have? He seems to be filling that role for her.

What an insipiration this team as been in so many ways!

ETA--

I never saw the Osbourne reality show so all I knew of Kelly was what others said about her behavior and "brattiness" from the show. Having now seen her on Bonnie Hunt when she talked about a radio advice show for young people she has in Britain I am so impressed with how much she cares about--and thinks seriously about--young people and what they are going through.

Having seen her this way I can't really imagine that "bratty" Kelly that some have talked about.

I'm grateful for having been exposed to the more mature and blossoming Kelly.

I thought Kelly handled that question very tactfully ... explaining that she was recently engaged and knew that she would be spending hours with her pro, and that she needed someone that "her boyfriend would respect" and was more mature. Then she turned to Louis and said "How's that?!?"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3757593;

I can't remember where I read it (I think TV Guide online or EW), but she had Mark Ballas and two days before the beginning of training she requested someone more mature because according to her, she could wrap Mark around her finger and be able to do nothing during training. She wanted someone who would discipline her and wouldn't stand for her distractions.

+ Reply to Thread