+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

FORT Regular

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Kelly is just irresistible. Here's a fascinating interview in which she says Louis and her plan to take a vacation together after this is all over and that they will continue to work on projects together, that they are friends for life.

Kelly Osbourne Knows Her Dark Side | PopEater.com

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

I thouight I was impressed with Kelly before--but I jsut saw her on Bonnie Hunt and I had no idea how sensible and smart she is!

She has an advice for young people show on British radio and she has also written a book with advice for young people in England based on a lot of the questions they get for the show.

And now she is doing a similar book for American young people.

She really seems centered--she was talking about how odd her family is--that she always knew they were different but she decided that everyone in the world had different jobs to do so there was no reason for everyone to be alike.

And also she talked about how much love the family has for each other--that even though they have disagreements--sometimes very loud ones--they know that the love of the family is there for them.

Also--she talked about recommending volunteer work for young people as a way for them to learn about other people in the world and to put their own ;lives in perspective.

All in all a very sensible person.

Now I am really impressed!

ETA--she also said--when asked by Bonnie if she was embarrassed when she sees the family reality show and she said no--that's who she was then and she's very different now so it doesn't bother her at all.

Oh--and Louis was on too for part of the interview and he explained why Kelly was shown crying in the package this week. He was trying to tell her something about energy flow but the word he used means one thing to dancers--"effort" --and something very different to the rest of us. He said that when he realized that it meant something very differwent to Kelly HE started crying too because he thought he'd really hurt her.
    (HIS crying wasn't shown--just hers.)

So the crying wasn't a matter of her being a "crybaby" or something--but trying really hard to do something and not understanding the critique she was getting of "not trying hard enouigh."
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-06-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Aww... I wish all the best...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744759;
    I thouight I was impressed with Kelly before--but I jsut saw her on Bonnie Hunt and I had no idea how sensible and smart she is!

She has an advice for young people show on British radio and she has also written a book with advice for young people in England based on a lot of the questions they get for the show.

And now she is doing a similar book for American young people.

She really seems centered--she was talking about how odd her family is--that she always knew they were different but she decided that everyone in the world had different jobs to do so there was no reason for everyone to be alike.

And also she talked about how much love the family has for each other--that even though they have disagreements--sometimes very loud ones--they know that the love of the family is there for them.

Also--she talked about recommending volunteer work for young people as a way for them to learn about other people in the world and to put their own ;lives in perspective.

All in all a very sensible person.

Now I am really impressed!

ETA--she also said--when asked by Bonnie if she was embarrassed when she sees the family reality show and she said no--that's who she was then and she's very different now so it doesn't bother her at all.

Oh--and Louis was on too for part of the interview and he explained why Kelly was shown crying in the package this week. He was trying to tell her something about energy flow but the word he used means one thing to dancers--"effort" --and something very different to the rest of us. He said that when he realized that it meant something very differwent to Kelly HE started crying too because he thought he'd really hurt her.
    (HIS crying wasn't shown--just hers.)

So the crying wasn't a matter of her being a "crybaby" or something--but trying really hard to do something and not understanding the critique she was getting of "not trying hard enouigh."
    Even before I knew any of that - all pretty impressive - I loved her attitude before the judges. She took criticism so graciously and seems like just the sweetest person - as you say, so very centered - and well, she's just so adorable.

She said in one interview that she and Joanna kept looking at one another during the Team Tango and smiling to each other with their eyes, as if to say, "Isn't this fun?" but in rewatching the footage, I can't really see where they had opportunity to look at each other. Unless it was during Donny & Kym's solo. Whatever. But Joanna tweeted some cute pix of her and Kelly dancing the Tango together after the show. LOL

Thanks for recapping the interview, Wind Dancer. I was able to watch the part about her family and book on the Bonnie Hunt show site but they didn't have the rest of it. I was also impressed by her. I came into the show expecting that sullen child that was on the Osbournes which I watched a bit of and she's all grown up with a good head on her shoulders.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've read the last couple pages of this thread and agree with everything said about Kelly. Hopefully she can teach her mom some decent manners about respect, but she's turned into a lovely young lady and I love the fact that she doesn't let the outside world's vision of her family bother her. The fact that Louis seems to have become great friends with her and has so much fun every week says a lot.

Kelly does have a problem with the faster paced latin dances. I notice with her jitterbug and now her jive, it's almost like she's walking on egg shells. I didn't mind the bit with the doll, considering the song. I loved her foxtrot, my second favorite dance of the night. Sadly, I feel if Kelly doesn't go this week, they'll be gunning for her next week But I've enjoyed her so much this season, and aside from her and Donny I'd have no interest at this point.

FORT Fanatic

Lovely? She is foul mouthed. It was highlighted on last night's Dance Center.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3747928;
    Lovely? She is foul mouthed. It was highlighted on last night's Dance Center.
    I'll take a kind and affectionate person who swears over a superficially "decent" hypocrite like, say, Carrie Jean Prejean. Now that is one foul woman.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kelly is nice, likeable but she should've gone last night not Aaron.

+ Reply to Thread