+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

Re: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

Kathy (and hopefully her partner is Tony) is the only contestant that I am interested in watching this season, and I hope she wins it. Someone else may interest me after the premiere, though.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3688668;
    Kathy (and hopefully her partner is Tony) is the only contestant that I am interested in watching this season, and I hope she wins it. Someone else may interest me after the premiere, though.
    Kathy is my favorite as well for two reasons. She is a great person and I just fell in love with Tony last season. Not literally, of course. I had seen him all six prior seasons that he was there, but I really just noticed him last season when he danced with Melissa who was my favorite. I did vote for him and Susan Lucci though, but I think that was the only time. Of course, he and Melissa got all my votes last season. Every last one. I did my part!

I really hope Kathy can dance and they do well. I never thought about it until last season, but when the pros get booted off, their paychecks stop. That's awful! Most of them, like Tony, have families to take of and I'm sure they depend on the DWTS gig for a pretty substantial paycheck. I'm glad Melissa helped him get all the way to the finals last season, because that should have brought them both a pretty big payday.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3689698;
    Kathy is my favorite as well for two reasons. She is a great person and I just fell in love with Tony last season. Not literally, of course. I had seen him all six prior seasons that he was there, but I really just noticed him last season when he danced with Melissa who was my favorite. I did vote for him and Susan Lucci though, but I think that was the only time. Of course, he and Melissa got all my votes last season. Every last one. I did my part!

I really hope Kathy can dance and they do well. I never thought about it until last season, but when the pros get booted off, their paychecks stop. That's awful! Most of them, like Tony, have families to take of and I'm sure they depend on the DWTS gig for a pretty substantial paycheck. I'm glad Melissa helped him get all the way to the finals last season, because that should have brought them both a pretty big payday.
    I've always liked Tony. There have been points I wish he'd take a season off, but I can't imagine the show without him (just like any of the other long term regulars and I miss those who've come and gone). He's one of my many eye candies, and even though I don't always find him the strongest choreographer with his partners, I think he kills it in pro numbers. I do think Tony is underrated, even if he's not the strongest with his partners. At any rate, given his two upcoming movies, even if they won't be blockbuster status, it looks like he's going to do well for himself even without the show. That may just be a stepping stone. I agree with you about these guys having to support their families, but I wonder if they have other income from the show. I would think they'd get paid for the finale and any other pro performances/appearances they do I remember last season Tony talked proudly of his wife and kids and said she kept telling him to keep his eye on the prize, all he was doing was for them. It must be hard having kids that young across country and not being able to see much of them for a few months.

I don't know, this season doesn't seem to be generating as much buzz as other seasons. Very few couples have gotten much press, including Kathy/Tony, and it could be because of all the unknowns. But it's kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3692681;
    I've always liked Tony. There have been points I wish he'd take a season off, but I can't imagine the show without him (just like any of the other long term regulars and I miss those who've come and gone). He's one of my many eye candies, and even though I don't always find him the strongest choreographer with his partners, I think he kills it in pro numbers. I do think Tony is underrated, even if he's not the strongest with his partners. At any rate, given his two upcoming movies, even if they won't be blockbuster status, it looks like he's going to do well for himself even without the show. That may just be a stepping stone. I agree with you about these guys having to support their families, but I wonder if they have other income from the show. I would think they'd get paid for the finale and any other pro performances/appearances they do I remember last season Tony talked proudly of his wife and kids and said she kept telling him to keep his eye on the prize, all he was doing was for them. It must be hard having kids that young across country and not being able to see much of them for a few months.

I don't know, this season doesn't seem to be generating as much buzz as other seasons. Very few couples have gotten much press, including Kathy/Tony, and it could be because of all the unknowns. But it's kind of weird.

ITA. It seems like nobody is even talking about it, but the few who post here. I just hope S9 is half as good as last season. We have just two weeks to go now. Can't wait.

I'm feeling like this season will have more two left footed hoofers and obnoxious or forgettable personalities than ever before. Hopefully I'm wrong, and that many surprise. After reading some interviews and watching some clips, I feel like Kathy isn't going to do so well Name wise I'm not sure if she'll be that recognizable, even though she's a more well known model than Joanna. Poor Tony. I guess he'll have to wait another 6 seasons for scores of 30/60 and the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3698960;
    I'm feeling like this season will have more two left footed hoofers and obnoxious or forgettable personalities than ever before. Hopefully I'm wrong, and that many surprise. After reading some interviews and watching some clips, I feel like Kathy isn't going to do so well Name wise I'm not sure if she'll be that recognizable, even though she's a more well known model than Joanna. Poor Tony. I guess he'll have to wait another 6 seasons for scores of 30/60 and the final 3.
    Ohhh, I hate to hear that about Kathy & Tony possibly not doing very well in the competition. I really had the same feeling, even though I haven't seen any interviews or clips. Could you tell me where to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3699426;
    Ohhh, I hate to hear that about Kathy & Tony possibly not doing very well in the competition. I really had the same feeling, even though I haven't seen any interviews or clips. Could you tell me where to find them?
    One of the clips I saw was on Access Hollywood. They showed an interview with Kathy from earlier this year saying she'd never do the show, but now says she did it because of her kids. But she said she's clumsy and has two left feet. The brief (and I do mean brief) clip of her dancing didn't seem so hot

I just read on Kathy's Twitter that she cut her leg surfing and had to go to the ER to get it sewn up. She said her husband was on duty and I took it that he was the one who sewed it up. She said she was heading home. That was 4 hours ago.

I hope this doesn't interfere with her dancing. This is about the same time last season that Nancy O'Dell got hurt and Tony lost his partner. Of course, we all know he got Melissa and they went all the way to the finals, but that was a once in a lifetime deal and I would be surpised if that situation ever worked out again like it did. That might be why they have 16 couples this season instead of 13, because they didn't want to go through what they did last season. Losing two stars just days before the premiere must have made them panic. It was a miracle to find two people that would step in with just a few days to rehearse.

I hope Kathy's ok. I remember cutting my leg one Sunday after church years ago and blood was running down my leg. It was a vertical cut in the front of my lower leg that took 14 stitches and the worse pain I felt was when the doctor sewed it up. I was screaming and my husband (& I think my brother too) was holding me down on the table and I could hear my little girl, who was little at the time, screaming "MaMaaaaaa" in the waiting room. That was an awful experience. I was in my late 30's at the time and felt like an idiot, but that guy was killing me. The nurse later told me that that should not have happened (feeling pain). All I know is, I hope I never have to have stitches again. I'll just go buy me some butterfly bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3699546;
    One of the clips I saw was on Access Hollywood. They showed an interview with Kathy from earlier this year saying she'd never do the show, but now says she did it because of her kids. But she said she's clumsy and has two left feet. The brief (and I do mean brief) clip of her dancing didn't seem so hot
    karalott....I saw an interview on the insider site and it showed them dancing quite a bit, or at least you could get the flavor of it. They didn't look too bad to me. It looked like a Salsa, which I know they are dancing. I mean, she's not a Melissa, but maybe she'll do ok. I hope so for Tony's sake, and hers too. She really is a classy lady. I thought Tony seemed a little intimidated by her, but it might have been just me. He wasn't like he was with Melissa (fun). Of course Kathy is 46, 10 years his senior and Melissa was 10 years his junior. I suppose that makes a difference. Yea, I really think it imight!

I really enjoyed both her dances and she is my fave. She has perhaps the most beautiful smile ever and that was the main reason why she is my fave model (I disagree with her that she "wasn't that super", as in supermodel). The other reasons are that she projects sweetness, which really came across in her demeanor and voice on this show.

If she continues on, I think she has great potential because she is so dedicated and is a hard worker.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast