+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3729680;
    Well, part of the reason Joanna is doing so well is that Derek knows how to choreograph and dance around her without getting caught. It may not work the same with Maks behind the wheel. It won't be his fault, but it's a risk changing dancers no matter who it is.

Also, there goes my one reason left for watching the show. Say what you want about Derek, but he's still the most interesting dancer to watch in performance.
    I hav said contiuously that Derek is a superb (and often thrilling) dancer and a highly talented choreographer who does everything he can--and then some--to make his partners look good.

But with no Derek dancing Monday? I'd be tempted not to watch--

Except that I'll get to see Maks dance again.

He could be dancing with a broom--or a witch on a broom--and I'd watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3729755;
    Derek's flu comes with a 104 degree temperature. Maks and Joanna are doing three routines Monday according to E online. Joanna's body shape may actually look better paired with Maks.
    Maks ( minus the broken heart) often has an attitude of which I am not fond , but if you don't look good with Maks , you ..just..aren't..going..to..loo k..good.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3729788;
    Maks ( minus the broken heart) often has an attitude of which I am not fond , but if you don't look good with Maks , you ..just..aren't..going..to..loo k..good.
    So true!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3729787;
    I hav said contiuously that Derek is a superb (and often thrilling) dancer and a highly talented choreographer who does everything he can--and then some--to make his partners look good.

But with no Derek dancing Monday? I'd be tempted not to watch--

Except that I'll get to see Maks dance again.

He could be dancing with a broom--or a witch on a broom--and I'd watch.
    Well, considering who he's having to dance with... I think the same logic applies to Derek. The judges seem to pay more attention to him, are in love with him, and basically his partner could just pull up a chair next to Bruno and she'd still get 10s. I'm excited to see Maks back, even if it is for one week I've lost him too early these past season, I want him around in anyway. Hey, he can take over for Samantha. I'd love to see him interviewing Aaron/Karina. And I wonder if Aaron is regretting his comments about the set being better without Maks around, considering Maks is coming back.

So if they're doing 3 dances, I take it they're going to go ahead with the double elimination next week? I know it was supposed to start weeks 5-7 but since Debi and Tom both went home I thought they would cancel 1 double elimination week. That's got to be stinky, an individual dance, a group dance, and then practicing the dance off dance, especially for those who don't need it. I wonder if anyone will feel confident enough not to practice it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3730008;
    Well, considering who he's having to dance with... I think the same logic applies to Derek. The judges seem to pay more attention to him, are in love with him, and basically his partner could just pull up a chair next to Bruno and she'd still get 10s. I'm excited to see Maks back, even if it is for one week I've lost him too early these past season, I want him around in anyway. Hey, he can take over for Samantha. I'd love to see him interviewing Aaron/Karina. And I wonder if Aaron is regretting his comments about the set being better without Maks around, considering Maks is coming back.
    So if they're doing 3 dances, I take it they're going to go ahead with the double elimination next week? I know it was supposed to start weeks 5-7 but since Debi and Tom both went home I thought they would cancel 1 double elimination week. That's got to be stinky, an individual dance, a group dance, and then practicing the dance off dance, especially for those who don't need it. I wonder if anyone will feel confident enough not to practice it.
    I forgot about that! That's got to make things "comfortable" backstage for everyone! Oh, the drama!!

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3730011;
    I forgot about that! That's got to make things "comfortable" backstage for everyone! Oh, the drama!!
    Maks just twittered that it should be great behind the scenes this week with all the great energy

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3730224;
    Maks just twittered that it should be great behind the scenes this week with all the great energy
    Wow, that made me laugh!! I know he's tough in his teaching sometimes, but I think he's a hoot!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3730275;
    Wow, that made me laugh!! I know he's tough in his teaching sometimes, but I think he's a hoot!
    Maks is like the little girl in the proverbial nursery rhyme "who when she was good she was very good, but when she was bad she was horrid" ; however, when Max is really on, he is excellent! He is sharp, witty, good-looking, and a fantastic dancer.
    He can be temperamental and mercurial in nature, but when he pulls it all together, Maks of the men is the whole, entire package.
    Derek is a marvelous choreographer and dancer, but he hasn't got the body and presence of Maks!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Regular

Joanna is really lucky. She has Derek, a marvelous dancer who also knows how to teach and choreograph for the star. He makes his partners look better than they are and it is no surprise he has a great record on the show. Maybe like Cheryl, that is why they never give them the Kristis or NFLers. Now, Joanna gets Maks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730472;
    Maks is like the little girl in the proverbial nursery rhyme "who when she was good she was very good, but when she was bad she was horrid" ; however, when Max is really on, he is excellent! He is sharp, witty, good-looking, and a fantastic dancer.
    He can be temperamental and mercurial in nature, but when he pulls it all together, Maks of the men is the whole, entire package.
    Derek is a marvelous choreographer and dancer, but he hasn't got the body and presence of Maks!
    You can say that again!

Joanna is really lucky. She has Derek, a marvelous dancer who also knows how to teach and choreograph for the star. He makes his partners look better than they are and it is no surprise he has a great record on the show. Maybe like Cheryl, that is why they never give them the Kristis or NFLers. Now, Joanna gets Maks?
    Joanna was originally just rehearsing with Maks because Derek has the flu, but now he'll be performing with her on Monday night. I don't know if Derek is 100% yet, but its probably easier than him coming in a few days before the live show and having to learn the group dance (hey, I wonder if we'll get to see Maks hustle!), the dance off dance, and their AT routine. As the pro, and being Derek, he could probably pull it off. If he had to he could likely make steps up as he went along and just lifted Joanna in the air with some fancy lifts.

+ Reply to Thread