+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726327;
    I'm a huge animal lover but I thought the trip to the pound had absolutely nothing to do with anything - except that Joanna probably has a likability index somewhere between Leona Helmsley and Joey Buttafucco's girlfriend, so I'm guessing the idea was to humanize her.
    It didn't work. She'll be around for a while because Derek is very good, but she has no chance of winning.
    If they were trying to "humanize her" I don't think it worked. That whole bit didn't make much sense and I kept waiting for it to go back to something to do with their dance. If Joanna were cast for drama and her b%^&*y antics, they paired her with the wrong person. She's not a bad dancer, but she's really lucky she's got Derek to get her through. And Derek gets lucky once again. This is his biggest challenge, and only because Joanna has no fanbase. He has yet to have a partner that he's struggled with dance wise. And I mean really struggled. My mom absolutely adores Derek, and I think his dancing is top notch. But I always feel the judges don't pay attention to his celeb. The praise last night seemed to be more for him and less for Joanna.

And I know Derek has his fans that were thrilled to see him dance shirtless. As for me, he can't take the place of Maks or Tony.

Personally, although I like the subtle suggestiveness of the rumba more than the "in your face" directness of the Lambada, I was more impressed with Derek and Joanna's than Dimitry's and Mya's.

Why? At least with Derek you had one professional who did the choreography teaching a model against two professionals doing the choreography teaching each other. That to me is more in keeping with what I thought was the premise of this show.
    Anytime I hear the words Dmitry/Mya I roll my eyes and thank God Len is there to not get caught up in whatever it is CA and Bruno are seeing. I don't really think their dances this week or last were 10 worthy. Especially because Mya is on a completely different level than anyone else.

I'll give Joanna this, she seemed to really want to push herself and when Derek considered taking moves out of their dance, she said no. After your summary of the Lambada, I figured for TV viewing audiences ABC would have to take it down to the Disney rated version. However, the three stooges on the panel seemed to be seeing something in Derek/Joanna's that almost took it up to a PG-13 level.

Joanna has tweeted that Derek has a very bad case of the flu (along with a 104 temp). Maks has stepped in to help with the AT, which leads me to hope maybe Derek has to sit Monday out and Maks can tackle the tango with Joanna. Her b****y side that came out on Superstars may rear its ugly head being paired with Maks Though he'll get the blame, but Joanna may have to work this week and not hide behind Derek.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3729491;
    Joanna has tweeted that Derek has a very bad case of the flu (along with a 104 temp). Maks has stepped in to help with the AT, which leads me to hope maybe Derek has to sit Monday out and Maks can tackle the tango with Joanna. Her b****y side that came out on Superstars may rear its ugly head being paired with Maks Though he'll get the blame, but Joanna may have to work this week and not hide behind Derek.
    No, no, no! I still say the entertainment will come if Mya has to work with Maks. There's not an ice cube's chance in a hot stove that Maks would let her call the shots, choreograph the dance, direct it and or lead. There would be fireworks sure 'nuf.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3729596;
    No, no, no! I still say the entertainment will come if Mya has to work with Maks. There's not an ice cube's chance in a hot stove that Maks would let her call the shots, choreograph the dance, direct it and or lead. There would be fireworks sure 'nuf.
    I remember last season when he got paired with Anna Demidova for the pro competition, he didn't really like her calling the shots I know Joanna said she was happy not to have Maks because of how he came across on TV. Of course I'm sure the feeling was mutal after spending time with her during Superstars. But Joanna could get a bye this week because she doesn't have Derek, so if she has a bad performance, she can blame it on Maks, and the judges can blame it on Maks.

I agree about Mya, though

Premium Member

It has been confirmed by Joanna that Maks will be dancing with her on Monday. Only good thing is that I can see Maks again, bad thing he has to dance with Joanna.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726327;
    I'm a huge animal lover but I thought the trip to the pound had absolutely nothing to do with anything - except that Joanna probably has a likability index somewhere between Leona Helmsley and Joey Buttafucco's girlfriend, so I'm guessing the idea was to humanize her.It didn't work. She'll be around for a while because Derek is very good, but she has no chance of winning.
    Ahahahahahha! You have to be desperate to bring out the puppies - homeless, no less!!!!

Having said that, they were still better than Mya and Demitri. Who knew that Mya was such a bossy little thing?

I saw that. Maks and seeing him do the AT They just better not give him any grief or blame him if Joanna has a bad performance. I'd find it quite funny if Joanna got voted off this week without Derek's presence around to help her, though again, everyone would blame Maks. But I don't think many people care for Joanna anyway, she's just lucky she got an extremely popular pro.

I wonder if Derek will be back Tuesday. They're doing a Michael Jackson tribute (choreographed by Maks) and Derek was supposed to take part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3729677;
    I saw that. Maks and seeing him do the AT They just better not give him any grief or blame him if Joanna has a bad performance.
    Well, part of the reason Joanna is doing so well is that Derek knows how to choreograph and dance around her without getting caught. It may not work the same with Maks behind the wheel. It won't be his fault, but it's a risk changing dancers no matter who it is.

Also, there goes my one reason left for watching the show. Say what you want about Derek, but he's still the most interesting dancer to watch in performance.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3729680;
    Well, part of the reason Joanna is doing so well is that Derek knows how to choreograph and dance around her without getting caught. It may not work the same with Maks behind the wheel. It won't be his fault, but it's a risk changing dancers no matter who it is.

Also, there goes my one reason left for watching the show. Say what you want about Derek, but he's still the most interesting dancer to watch in performance.
    Amen.
    In 5 or 6 seasons, I have gone from screaming at the TV every time Derek was on, "who is this weird looking Dork making the stupid faces!!!????"
    To, "damn that Derek is the best friggin' dancer on Earth...it's hard to watch anyone else when he's out there."
    I personally think Kym and Cheryl are the best female dancers - an opinion I know is not shared by all - but I don't know many veterans of this show who disagree about the assessment of Derek's abilities. What an exceptional talent.

Derek's flu comes with a 104 degree temperature. Maks and Joanna are doing three routines Monday according to E online. Joanna's body shape may actually look better paired with Maks.

+ Reply to Thread