+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Regular

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

I don't know. I finally saw clips of her on Superstars and she was not that awful. The swearing as bad. I am more forgiving of that over Melissa's self-centered comment. Good thing there are plenty of nice personalities this season.

I will wait until I see her dance.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Ye Golden Boy probably will never do wrong with the judges I think I found someone that is more annoying and a bigger camera hog than Derek, but unfortuantely she has to be his partner. These two can't leave soon enough for me, but I know Derek's fan base will keep them in. No, I don't believe Joanna has one. I re-watched their salsa, and while I can say technically it probably was the best of the night, was it really worth a 24? I mean, it seemed like the same old thing Derek always does. He always gets the young, hot, pretty, well toned model types, they shake their booty, he can make it look steamy, they shake their booty some more, and they call it hot. I don't think there was really much going on in the salsa last night, or if they ever left their spot on the floor. And I don't think Joanna deserved the 1st place in the relay over Natalie. I just don't want the Hough/Ballas streak to continue.

I had never heard of her before and don't recall ever seeing any of her modeling shots. Her fringe pants reminded me of Julianne's outfit last season and she kind of looks like Julianne/Derek.

Her response after she got 10 points in the relay dance stood out in stark contrast to the team-based, collaborative approach of the other contestants. She appears rather self-centered and selfish, but that's just based on what I had read about her on this board and having a pre-conceived notion that she wasn't the humblest of characters.

That said, Derek does seem to be a good choreographer (although many of the moves looked like those L'il Kim used last season).

Who did Joanna go over to kiss in the audience after her dance? It looked like Kyle McLaughlin (sp?), but the camera moved off them too quickly. Was the man her boyfriend and who is he?

I think Derek seems sweet on her, although he seems to be a touchy feely kind of dance partner who loves hugging from behind when receiving feedback from judges and while in the interview room.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3709780;
    Who did Joanna go over to kiss in the audience after her dance? It looked like Kyle McLaughlin (sp?), but the camera moved off them too quickly. Was the man her boyfriend and who is he?

I think Derek seems sweet on her, although he seems to be a touchy feely kind of dance partner who loves hugging from behind when receiving feedback from judges and while in the interview room.
    Joanna does have a boyfriend (or I've heard it's now her fiance) so I'm going to assume that's who that was. I will give Derek this, since I rag on him a lot. He is probably the best male pro dancer. I hate saying who's the best because all the pros are fantastic and each have their own style that tends to set them apart. Derek seems to be more modern with his routines while some of the other pros are old school. I often find myself watching him dance, no matter who his partner is, because he's that good. Same with Julianne. However, Derek's choreography is beginning to look the same. And I blame the show that seems to have a love obsession with that trio. Sometimes they luck out because they're on the shorter side and get good partners that way. But why is it that everyone's had their far share of clunkers and Derek always gets the pretty hot sexy models and/or moms of four that have rhythm. I thought he and Brooke were overrated and noticed things that happened in their dances that I think anyone else would have gotten called out on. CA defended giving his and Lil Kim's jive a 10 even though it wasn't a traditional jive, but calls out other couples for not sticking to the rules of ballroom? And on top of that, his OTT actions and expressions really get old. But, he's obviously got his fan base. And I'm sure when he does leave the show, he'll probably have a lot of success in whatever he does.

Back to Joanna, I just can't warm up to her. I think she's fake. And last night after the relay reminded me of a beauty pageant where they call the winners name, she acts so surprised and runs over to console and congratulate her court. Something about that, I don't know. But no one seemed overly thrilled for her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3709785;
    Back to Joanna, I just can't warm up to her. I think she's fake. And last night after the relay reminded me of a beauty pageant where they call the winners name, she acts so surprised and runs over to console and congratulate her court. Something about that, I don't know. But no one seemed overly thrilled for her.
    The best part of her childish behavior when they announced her as the winner was when she jumped around and accidently hit Debi. I thought for sure Debi was going to b**** slap her. Now that would make good ratings. Derek is so egotistical, but I really love his choreography. Derek and Joanna need to tame their egos otherwise America is going to get sick of them real fast.

I also did not like it when Donny acted childish too when he was announced the winner in the relay dance. Jumping up and down....:nono

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3710131;
    The best part of her childish behavior when they announced her as the winner was when she jumped around and accidently hit Debi. I thought for sure Debi was going to b**** slap her. Now that would make good ratings. Derek is so egotistical, but I really love his choreography. Derek and Joanna need to tame their egos otherwise America is going to get sick of them real fast.

I also did not like it when Donny acted childish too when he was announced the winner in the relay dance. Jumping up and down....:nono
    The judges told Donny he creamed the competition. What did he think they were going to do, rank him 2nd? Is getting first in the relay the first week that big of a deal? Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone, and Mel B proved even being on top of the judges leader board doesn't mean you'll be #1 with the fans.

I missed when she slapped Debi, but will have to go back and watch it. Let's see her try that again Does that explain why she reached over and tried to hug her while ignoring the other two couples? I hated their facial reactions after Macy's bleep. Seriously, I'm not looking forward to 10/11 weeks of that. And putting aside her ego, fakeness, and diva like prim princess attitude, I find her boring. I guess one good thing, if they start strong this early, assuming the judges play fair, they'll be expected to up it every week. Whereas Natalie, Debi, and Kelly have room to grow. And then there's the men. Let's see Miss Not-A-Super-Model take on an Osmond!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3710138;
    I missed when she slapped Debi, but will have to go back and watch it. Let's see her try that again Does that explain why she reached over and tried to hug her while ignoring the other two couples? I hated their facial reactions after Macy's bleep. Seriously, I'm not looking forward to 10/11 weeks of that. And putting aside her ego, fakeness, and diva like prim princess attitude, I find her boring. I guess one good thing, if they start strong this early, assuming the judges play fair, they'll be expected to up it every week. Whereas Natalie, Debi, and Kelly have room to grow. And then there's the men. Let's see Miss Not-A-Super-Model take on an Osmond!
    I wanted to go back and watch Joanna in slow motion but dang it I erased it by accident. Please let us know exactly what Joanna did to Debi, but yes that is why she wanted to hug her.

I agree there is a lot of room for other contestants to grow, but then again, Brooke was always on top of the leader board. Joanna doesn't have the same personality as Brooke though. I love to see the transformation of the contestants. Reminds when Mario Lopez was a slam dunk, but then Emmitt Smith grew and grew. Loved it!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3710590;
    I wanted to go back and watch Joanna in slow motion but dang it I erased it by accident. Please let us know exactly what Joanna did to Debi, but yes that is why she wanted to hug her.

I agree there is a lot of room for other contestants to grow, but then again, Brooke was always on top of the leader board. Joanna doesn't have the same personality as Brooke though. I love to see the transformation of the contestants. Reminds when Mario Lopez was a slam dunk, but then Emmitt Smith grew and grew. Loved it!!!
    I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but it appears to me from past experience that if the athletes (especially football players) and the Olympic stars show ability, they especially like to push them. I believe they particularly envision those contestants in the finals.

I'd never heard or seen her before this show.
    She danced well, but I can't get past her fake attitude, either. And, sorry, but everything on her body and face screams fake. Way too much plastic surgery. Scary to look at.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread