+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750080;
    The point is Joanna can't do anything solo. It would expose her limitations far too much. And I think a B-twist would be awesome in any sort of Paso Doble, standard, or otherwise. It blows everyone away...I remember Tony Davolani interviewing him after and was just in awe.
    I don't remember anyone mentioning it. However, I don't see why people need a B-twist in their paso's for it to look good. There's been plenty of great pasos in past and present DWTS (naming Joanna/Derek's here) that were great on their own. Also, Joanna hasn't done a solo yet. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and actually watch to see if she can pull it off before I criticize. Considering the other contestants she's up against, I don't think she'll have any problem. And she's got a great teacher. I don't count Mya as she's a pro.

FORT Regular

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3750481;
    I personally do not care if she uses bad language, if she posed in Playboy or any other magazine, or if she's done provocative movies. I'm not offended by anything like that, never have been, and none of it is why I find her intolerable enough that I've stopped watching one of my most favorite shows. I definitely do not fit in to Rattus' profile of women who don't like Joanna.

I don't like her because she is mean spirited, nasty, and treats other people without kindness or courtesy. I've seen her do it much more than once.
    Pardon me, but this strikes as false a note as anything I've read here, including your conspiracy theories about ABC, of which you are "convinced."

Did you stop watching Season 7 after all the reports of Warren Sapp's nasty and arrogant behavior to cast and crew alike? Talk about a diva. It got so bad that at the end Tom Bergeron pressed Warren 2 or 3 times, and Derek once, about a producer's report [that Warren snapped during a Team Paso rehearsal and pushed Derek into a wall]. Derek covered for him, acknowledged nothing and joked he was leaving banana peels around himself.

Did you stop watching Season 6 after reports that some pros so detested their celebrities that they could hardly contain their animosity backstage? And that one celeb was such a diva that the makeup and wardrobe departments were glad to see her go?

Did you stop watching Season 2 when the ridiculous scoring system in place at the time kept an inferior dancer over one who had an amazing 12-point advantage in judges' scores? Were you surprised the scoring method was changed following that debacle to a fairer, percentage-based system?

I'm not going to ask you to provide citations for your assertions, because I don't believe you can. There is too much evidence to the contrary. Joanna is very well liked and has shown nothing but kindness during the show. But how interesting that your antagonism has caused you to stop watching, but not posting.
    Last edited by CatherineAG; 11-14-2009 at 10:49 PM.

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3750269;
    That will be more than counter-balanced by all the purse-lipped women who live to be offended by those who don't live the chaste and modest life they think is the only acceptable one. You know, a huge chunk of this show's audience.
    That's the beauty of choice. She chooses to pose nude, and all those "purse -lipped women..." can choose to vote for someone else - or not.
    Joanna can think and do what she likes w/o being concerned about what others think, and those ladies don't have to give a royal rip what anybody else thinks either, so it is all good.

If Joanna wins, I won't be at all upset as I think she has tried very hard as a dancer, and that has zero to do with my personal views on anything else.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Did anyone else see Derek/Joanna on Ellen today I missed the pre-dancee interview and came in just as Joanna was saying something about her fan base being so small.

Did anyone hear what she said?

BTW--they danced the salsa and I loved watching Derek move his body--as usual.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3751514;
    Did anyone else see Derek/Joanna on Ellen today I missed the pre-dance interview and came in just as Joanna was saying something about her fan base being so small.

Did anyone hear what she said?

BTW--they danced the salsa and I loved watching Derek move his body--as usual.
    I saw it but it was nothing particularly memorable. But you can watch it here: YouTube - Joanna Krupa & Derek Hough - Ellen Degeneres Show

Derek twittered that the floor had been very slippery - you could see it was quite shiny and had probably been recently waxed - and that Joanna ate it but he thought they would cut that out, and they did.

Someone else remarked about Joanna looking older than her years, and I think that may be mostly a function of her having gotten so thin, which I don't think she realizes. She's still smoking hot, and if she regains five pounds she'll look younger again. Brooke went through the same thing while she was on the show; it's a tough gig.

FORT Fanatic

Joanna does look older than she is. Has that rough look about her.

Now her sister was beautiful.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752022;
    Joanna does look older than she is. Has that rough look about her.

Now her sister was beautiful.
    She does not look the least bit rough in hundreds of modeling photos online. Or for that matter in the DWTS video where she and Derek met for the very first time. And one magazine, Ralph's I believe, showed photos of Joanna and Marta side by side and asked their viewers to choose which sister was hottest.

Some said Marta, but MOST said Joanna. Marta also happens to be younger.

Every contestant on DWTS looks rough at one time or another, but it's unfair to try to use that as a blanket description of Joanna. She is gorgeous.

FORT Fanatic

It's called airbrushing in the "modeling" photos.

I don't think Joanna is beautiful, but everyone has their own opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3752039;
    She does not look the least bit rough in hundreds of modeling photos online. Or for that matter in the DWTS video where she and Derek met for the very first time. And one magazine, Ralph's I believe, showed photos of Joanna and Marta side by side and asked their viewers to choose which sister was hottest.

Some said Marta, but MOST said Joanna. Marta also happens to be younger.

Every contestant on DWTS looks rough at one time or another, but it's unfair to try to use that as a blanket description of Joanna. She is gorgeous.

Joanna has beautiful long lines. Her face and hair are quite lovely. The lips, however, are overdone. As it is a very rare thing to see a fair blond with naturally large, puffy lips, they almost automatically jump out for attention. That is probably where the sister is deemed more attractive by those who do so. The sister is also very attractive, but all of her qualities seem more natural. There are those who see beauty as beauty regardless of how it is obtained, and then there are those who see beauty mainly in its wholesome, natural state.
    I appreciate beauty regardless, so I think both sisters are beautiful.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

To me when you start messing with natural beauty as much as Joanna has, it loses its draw. Her lips are hideous. I will never understand going for the full lip look when you were not born with it. She is far from ugly, but too unnatural looking for my tastes.

+ Reply to Thread