+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Peacheater--thanks so much for sharing your expertise with us. I find your comments quite helpful in gauging how well someone does.

On a more "personal" note--I really enjoy watching Joanna dance--until they show her face. I am always astounded by the puffy lips style--as though we can't tell how artifical those are.

I can't help but wonder who finds those atractive? I have yet to talk to a man who will admit it.

So--for me--the lips are a distraction from her dancing as I wonder why anyone would to that to themselves.

But her dancing impresses me so much I force myself to watch anyway.

FORT Fanatic

Peacheater, I am a Ballroom Dance instructor, I've been one for over 30 years. I have a Gold Star medals in International Standard Ballroom and Latin and I am a member of the CDTA.

So thank you for the instruction, but I think I know what I am talking about. You need to go back and watch the tape. There are are no heel leads, which are important to the overall execution, even Carrie Anne mentioned it being weird...and Len acknowledged poor footwork. Further there is a poor topline and there was a very badly performed arabesque. I expected better for the scores.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-29-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3739222;
    Peacheater, I am a Ballroom Dance instructor, I've been one for over 30 years. I have a Gold Star medals in International Standard Ballroom and Latin and I am a member of the CDTA.

So thank you for the instruction, but I think I know what I am talking about. You need to go back and watch the tape. There are are no heel leads, which are important to the overall execution, even Carrie Anne mentioned it being weird...and Len acknowledged poor footwork. Further there is a poor topline and there was a very badly performed arabesque. I expected better for the scores.
    We'll just have to disagree, professionally and courteously.

Will we see you in Boston in June?

PS. I was writing the heel lift description for the benefit of those who don't know the waltz. It was obvious to me from your comments that you know the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3739210;
    In my professional opinion, Joanna and Derek were not only the best waltz dance pair of the evening, I believe they would have scored well in any regional competition in the US.
    They were the best waltz of the evening, and it was noted by Len and CA that Joanna had a bit of a miss on the footwork, which Derek is trying to rectify. For 1 week of practice she did brilliantly.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The waltz in general tends to bore me, but I loved the jitterbugs being danced, even though most of them weren't good. I prefer the VW. I can't really say one waltz stood out, but in Derek's case, I don't trust the judges to be objective when it comes to him. And as I mentioned, his dances are basically looking one in the same.

He's on Team Tango again this year, so I'll be wondering how much his solo will mirror his and Lil Kims. And it sounds like everyone will be doing the same KO dance they had this week, which if true stinks for Michael who will probably have to come up with a new dance for his.

And on a Derek related note, BHB (Ballas Hough Band) will be performing on the results show Tuesday. And on a Hough related note, Julianne said she likely won't be back next season (I think that's when she starts filming Footloose) but says she's open to returning at some point.

Derek is giving all his female competitors a "generic quality" that makes me think ..."been there done that", only better by Brooke, and infinitely more exciting by Lil Kim.
    Some people tend to refer to the pros as always getting certain types. I never really paid much attention, but aside from some pros getting somewhat well known or very popular pros that will get them through a few weeks, I think there's a point. Tony seems to always getting the older females, and Derek always gets the young model types with the bland personalities. Or at the very least the young females, because Jennie and Shannon had a personality to back up their dancing. Lil Kim I think just lucked out in the height department.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-29-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Ms. Krupa joins the long list of Dancing celebrities maximizing their opportunities for exposure.

Dancing with the Stars
    Dancing’s Joanna Krupa Covers Playboy
    October 29, 2009

We’ve seen some skimpy outfits in the ballroom but this takes it to a whole new level!

Dancing with the Stars contestant Joanna Krupa will be on the cover of the December issue of Playboy, which hits stands Nov. 13.

She’s splitting the honor with talk show host Chelsea Handler, who is doing a holiday guide for the magazine. While Handler keeps her clothes on, Krupa will appear in an 8-page nude pictorial shot by celebrity photographer Rankin.

Krupa’s cover will go out to subscribers as well as appear on newsstands while Handler’s cover will only be available on stands.

What would Bruno Tonioli say?

PHOTO: Dancing’s Joanna Krupa Covers Playboy - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fanatic

This explains the possible Joanna "fix". Perhaps she was guaranteed to stay on the show until her "spread" was released especially since there is a reference to the show on the cover.

BritLit, I love the Dorothy Parker quote. She has long been my favorite irreverent writer.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Considering it hits stands before the finale, Joanna may have just bought herself a win.

FORT Fanatic

Dance review by Ballroom Judge Philip Stevens.. we tend to agree, except he's a bit in the tank for Osmond.
    Season 9 ABC Dancing With the Stars on Learntodance.com.

+ Reply to Thread