+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

I was watching E News and ET last night, and I believe it was E News that covered the MJ tribute. In the report it was stated that MJ's kinds love to watch DWTS and that Donny is their fave dancer.

Not surprising, really, since he and MJ were contemporaries. I just found it cute that the kids are rooting for Donny.

In fact, on You Tube.. if you insert the search criteria for "Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond" you can see a part of an award show where Donny and Michael presented an award together with two little actors who were dressed like them, Rodney Allen Rippy {the Burger King kid} and one other child actor. It's a funny segment.

FORT Fanatic

I think its amazing Donny does so well considering his schedule. I wouldn't expect anything less from him though as I know
    he is a perfectionist. I just hope he doesn't end up in the hospital from exhaustion!!

Oh, and I loved the wig on Donny from the hustle as well, it was pretty close to his hair back in the days! (I'll have to dig thru my parents basement, I'm sure that album is somewhere!!).

I am the same age as Donny, a few months older. Used to watch the Donny and Marie variety show.

Think he has a very good chance of winning and not because of his popularity, he's dancing well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3733760;
    Rodney Allen Rippy {the Burger King kid} and one other child actor. It's a funny segment.
    The other child actor is Ricky Segall. He did some Partridge Family episodes and a few other shows.

Gosh...you guys are bringing back so many great memories from years gone by.
    I was a very loyal viewer of the "Donny and Marie Show", so much so that one Friday evening we were having a surprise baby shower for our Sunday School teacher at somebody's home and I insisted that we turn the TV on at 8 o'clock so we could watch. I even remember the episode!!
    Well, some of it.
    And I remember watching the awards show with both Donny and Michael. They grew up together and were friends. Maybe their groups (the Jackson 5 and the Osmonds) were rivals so-to-speak, but Donny and Michael had very similar....yet very different childhoods and they were supportive of each other and were friends throughout all the years.

I think possibly there were some hidden jealousies between the two of them.
    Donny might have wished he had the same success from child star to adult star that Michael had....and perhaps Michael wished he had a more stable and loving home life like Donny had.

Anyway...I'm rooting for Donny to go alllll the way with this thing.

FORT Fogey

Donny has worked so hard and done so well in his new endeavor that I wish more people appreciated hust what he has accomplished.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3742222;
    Donny has worked so hard and done so well in his new endeavor that I wish more people appreciated hust what he has accomplished.
    I did not follow Donny's career; however, my daughter who has always been interested in musical theatre was quite impressed with him in Joseph's Coat.

I am impressed first with Donny's work ethic, then his energy, and not the least his humble attitude. It just slays me that the judge says, "You made 4 little mistakes," and he says, " I think it was five." What????

Can he make it all the way? So far, they are complimentary, but the comments do not have the feel of those, say, made to Emmett Smith.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Donny has been a great addition to this season. I wasn't looking forward to him and expected nothing but sappy performances which has not been the case. Rather Donny has worked hard to deliver a good performance--and deliver he has. While he may not be technically perfect, this guy is a true entertainer. Donny and Kym are a joy to watch as a dancing couple and Kym looks like she is having a much fun as Donny is. I would like to see Donny and Kym have a shot in the finals elminating some of the real divas and donkeys on the show! It would be great to see Kym in the winners circle!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3742269;
    Donny has been a great addition to this season. I wasn't looking forward to him and expected nothing but sappy performances which has not been the case. Rather Donny has worked hard to deliver a good performance--and deliver he has. While he may not be technically perfect, this guy is a true entertainer. Donny and Kym are a joy to watch as a dancing couple and Kym looks like she is having a much fun as Donny is. I would like to see Donny and Kym have a shot in the finals elminating some of the real divas and donkeys on the show! It would be great to see Kym in the winners circle!
    Perfectly stated, and I concur.

I just smile when Donny and Kym are on the dance floor. I'm also glad that Kym is getting the well deserved recognition. I also hope they can make it to the top 3.

I totally agree as well! They are so much fun to watch!

+ Reply to Thread