+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3730478;
    ITA! I really enjoyed Donny's performance this past week! He held his own and was totally entertaining for me and fun to watch. That said, I always feel I am watching the Osmond show when he is on stage. There is nothing wrong with that, but I do expect more from him than I do the other star dancers. I realize he may not have a dance background, but he has been in the entertainment industry all his life and it appears to come easy to him. I am not knocking Donny, I am enjoying him, especially last week's performance. I just won't be rooting for him like I will for some of the lesser known stars.
    I have never been a Donny fan - one way or the other. However, I have to give him props. It is painful to watch those rehearsal clips. He is giving it everything he's got. His face is red and sweaty, and he is clearly winded if not gasping. He appears to have a great attitude.

Those performances really seem to be coming at a price to him regardless of all of his stage/entertainment experience.

My hunch is that no matter how hard he tries, though, he most likely can't win against youth although he may well make a great showing.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

I loved their Argentine Tango because of it's lack of flash and showiness. It felt very genuine and realistic, if that makes any sense. The music was great too.

I think Donnie's my favorite now along with Kelly. I think he's very popular and a good dancer so expect him to go far. The younger ones like Joanna and Aaron aren't very likable and Mya may or may not have a big following.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Donny wearing that wig looked just like the Donny Osmond barbie doll I received for Christmas many, many moons ago during the mid-1970's. LOL
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

That wig was actually pretty close to his hairstyle in the 70's. It needed a bit of trimming, but it was darn close.

FORT Fogey

I have a record player case still to this day of Donny and Marie, and the hair is very close lol. I loved the Donny and Marie show, and I was like six or seven at the time.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Raising my hand with those who watched the Donny and Marie show, oh the days of just having three channels and the stations going off air...ahhh to be young again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3733010;
    I think Donnie's my favorite now along with Kelly.
    Yep, these are my favorites, too. I anticipate Donnie winning this. I doubt Kelly can reach the skill level necessary to become his rival in the finals but I bet she makes it damn close due to the love she is gathering with viewers and fans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3733700;
    Yep, these are my favorites, too. I anticipate Donnie winning this. I doubt Kelly can reach the skill level necessary to become his rival in the finals but I bet she makes it damn close due to the love she is gathering with viewers and fans.

A few days ago, I thought Donny could not possibly win this thing simply because - let's face it - the voting audience generally does not select the older contender over the younger ones; however, Mya is a documented professional. There is a lot of flack about this which means that the producers are aware of it (the flack). It also means that Len is also aware of it as well.
    Will they allow a professional dancer ( not a person who does something else as the major portion of his/her profession, but dances as a secondary part) to win the whole thing and risk losing loyal, but outraged viewers?

If not, then there is the chance that Donny could win. Also, how long has it been since a man has won? I suspect they keep some kind of a balance in the back of their mind as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3733740;
    A few days ago, I thought Donny could not possibly win this thing simply because - let's face it - the voting audience generally does not select the older contender over the younger ones; however, Mya is a documented professional. There is a lot of flack about this which means that the producers are aware of it (the flack). It also means that Len is also aware of it as well.
    Will they allow a professional dancer ( not a person who does something else as the major portion of his/her profession, but dances as a secondary part) to win the whole thing and risk losing loyal, but outraged viewers?

If not, then there is the chance that Donny could win. Also, how long has it been since a man has won? I suspect they keep some kind of a balance in the back of their mind as well.
    It will be impossible for the judges to give Maya lower scores to manipulate the outcome but viewers will take care of that. I had never heard of her and I am not alone. Donnie is loved by many. I adore the guy and never watched one minute of his shows with Marie. I think he will get enough viewer support to skate to the finals because he is doing well in the technical aspect, as well.

I just do not see Maya winning this, too much controversy.

+ Reply to Thread