+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3722055;
    Not that he'd ever do it, but I just got thinking about Robin Williams being on the show. Now there's someone that can barely make it through an interview because he has the hosts laughing so hard. Some people said that how Cloris Leachman acted was the way she had always been, and obviously those of who didn't watch her back in the day didn't get her humor. I think this is just Donny being Donny. He hasn't gone too overboard yet, imo.
    Don't say that!

I have no problem with Donny fake or real kissing Bruno. I don't care if he kisses the entire cast and crew, male or female, so long as he does it off camera and doesn't waste time with his stupid antics on live TV.

What I have a problem with is that it seems Donny is getting comfortable on the show and instead of playing it straight - as in drama-free! - and trying to not live up to the cheesy image many people have of him, he's taking a page out of the Marie Osmond DWTS Standard Operating Manual which states that: "You must make a spectacle of yourself as often as possible in order to distract from the fact that you can't dance worth crap". I swear if he faints next week while they're judging his performance... !
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

donny fans might already know this but donny does a live streaming video chat thursdays at 8:30pm ET (like, right now!) on his site (donny.com). he and one of his sons are answering questions people are asking him on twitter.

edited to add: he only chats for 30 minutes ... sorry.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 10-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

donny just talked about the "elephant in the room" ... the bruno thing from monday night. i was typing as fast as i could, so it's not word for word, but it's the main gist.

"when bruno said 'you have airy fairy arms' and then said 'go to the dark side donny' and something snapped. that's why i love live tv, you can do what you do without holding back. it was so funny! and then i was thinking oh no, i've taken this way too far but bruno dipped himself and i fed into it. it was so funny. and the audience seemed to love it."

then immediately after we got our scores, my phone rang and it was debbie and kids. i answered it apprehensively ... "helloooooo?" and they were laughing, saying it was the funniest thing they've seen in their lives! he said she's my barometer ... if debbie likes it then i'm happy."

so there you go ....

oh, and he also said tune in on monday ... he's going to start the charleston in "a unique way" and that's all he will say for now.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm actually a little worried. I've seen the Charelston performed, and I can't even imagine what song choices they're going to come up with for it

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3722390;
    I'm actually a little worried. I've seen the Charelston performed, and I can't even imagine what song choices they're going to come up with for it
    What else can the band butcher? The music has been less than stellar this year, and that's putting it mildly.

Can't wait to see what he does with the Charleston. I'm not sure I like all of these added dances.

Perfect dance for Donny last night.

He deserved better scores, but I think the judges are maybe giving him room to be fantastic.

I'd love for the finale to be between him and Natalie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3726428;
    Perfect dance for Donny last night.

He deserved better scores, but I think the judges are maybe giving him room to be fantastic.

I'd love for the finale to be between him and Natalie.
    Donnie may have made some mistakes, but what I actually liked about Donnie's routine last night was that contrary to where the woman does most of the actual dancing and especially the intricate steps, Donnie danced step side by side, step by step with his partner and while not as polished of course, was not outdanced by the pro. That is an accomplishment for a male in this show.

Although it was a different kind of dancing, Donnie did a lot more actual dancing than most other men including Gilles have done on this show.

BTW, I have never particular followed Donny or Marie Osmond.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I loved his Charleston, it was right up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3726454;
    Donnie may have made some mistakes, but what I actually liked about Donnie's routine last night was that contrary to where the woman does most of the actual dancing and especially the intricate steps, Donnie danced step side by side, step by step with his partner and while not as polished of course, was not outdanced by the pro. That is an accomplishment for a male in this show.
    Although it was a different kind of dancing, Donnie did a lot more actual dancing than most other men including Gilles have done on this show.

I totally agree. Several of the female pro's have done all the fancy footwork around their partners in the past, and even this past show! (So obvious with Chelsea and the Two-Step) So I give Donny and Kym a lot of credit for creating an intricate, legitimate dance routine for both partners. I'm not a big Donny fan, but I didn't hear him complaining about the difficult moves like Mya did this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3726454;

ITA! I really enjoyed Donny's performance this past week! He held his own and was totally entertaining for me and fun to watch. That said, I always feel I am watching the Osmond show when he is on stage. There is nothing wrong with that, but I do expect more from him than I do the other star dancers. I realize he may not have a dance background, but he has been in the entertainment industry all his life and it appears to come easy to him. I am not knocking Donny, I am enjoying him, especially last week's performance. I just won't be rooting for him like I will for some of the lesser known stars.

+ Reply to Thread