+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Re: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Another variation on the story that's been circulating re: Debi & Maks' friendship, and Maks' feeling 'betrayed':
    Mazar 'helped Chmerkovskiy through split'

Monday, October 12 2009, 8:50am EDT
    By Lara Martin, US Correspondent

Dancing With The Stars professional Maksim Chmerkovskiy has credited partner Debi Mazar for helping him through his split with Karina Smirnoff.

The Ukrainian-born dancer and Smirnoff had become engaged on New Year's Eve but confirmed that they had separated last month.

Speaking to People, he said: "She has been so good to me.

"She's helped me through this whole thing so much. My family is in New York and I don't have anybody here in LA so when [we split] Debi would call me and say, 'If you need a home cooked meal, come over'.

"She was like, 'Get over here. You'll be out in ten minutes. I just want you to eat well'. So she was very good. Very cool."

Chmerkovskiy recently admitted that he felt "betrayed" by Smirnoff but declined to give any further details about their separation.
    Awww, sweet!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Marissa Jaret Winokour is E!'s correspondent for the season, and she asked Karina about Mak's comments on feeling betrayed and crushed. It's hard to tell with Karina, but she said "He's hiding it well" and seemed a little surprised. I guess she's either not reading the press or didn't expect to be asked that I really, really hope Maks gets a decent partner next season. I think Debi went in with high expectations, but didn't live up to them and let the nerves get the best of her. Even her spunky personality that she displays in her characters might have gotten her more of a fan base to last. Look how well Chuck and Louie are doing, despite being less than stellar with their dance moves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345