+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Re: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3686809;
    Oh, thanks for that info, Florimel.
    Another good reason to watch Castle. I wonder if that's part of the reason she's doing it this season?

She was also on a CBS series several years ago - it was set in NY - and Ellen Burstyn and Paul Sorvino played a mother and father. I think their daughter's name was Lydia? It was a good show, but it did not last too long. Debi was in the cast playing her usual smart talking East Coast character!
    I think it was called, "That's Life," Norealityhere. I remember watching it because I'll generally watch anything with Paul Sorvino. Great actor and he has a rarely shown operatic singing voice.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3686836;
    I think it was called, "That's Life," Norealityhere. I remember watching it because I'll generally watch anything with Paul Sorvino. Great actor and he has a rarely shown operatic singing voice.
    That's it.
    Thank you so much.
    It reminded me of NY, although Ellen Burstyn had a pretty bad NY accent....
    I forgot about his voice. I have heard him sing. And he does it well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

If she dances like she acts with real balls, not milktoast like MJH then she's going to be a firecracker. I love her look. Especially in the stills in the retro Barbie ponytail. This is going to be a dynamic pairing.

ETA: Maks stated that the talk about her having a lot of dance experience is bogus. I still think she'll be a strong competitior.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 09-04-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3686836;
    I remember this show.. it was a favorite of mine I remember bein bummed when it was cancelled.

I love Debi Mazur.. I will be cheering her on!
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

I had never heard of Debi Mazar until she was named to be on the show, so I knew nothing about her. I just read an interview she gave, and she sounds like somebody I am really going to like. I think Maks has met his match in her.

You can go to Maksim Chmerkovskiy 's Twitter and there is a link to her interview. By the way, that last tweet of Mak's sure sounds like he and Karina are history. I can't think of anything else that fits that quote.

By the way, in the interview Debi gave, she said Maks told her she would be doing the splits. She said she didn't do a split when she was 12 or 20 or 30 and she definitely wasn't going to do one at 45 and if Maks tried to do a split with her, she was going to kick him in the balls and send him to the hospital and she would have to go to the hospitial (after splits) and they would get eliminated. She is really funny and self deprecating. I like the girl, if this interview is really who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3693911;
    I had never heard of Debi Mazar until she was named to be on the show, so I knew nothing about her. I just read an interview she gave, and she sounds like somebody I am really going to like. I think Maks has met his match in her.

You can go to Maksim Chmerkovskiy 's Twitter and there is a link to her interview. By the way, that last tweet of Mak's sure sounds like he and Karina are history. I can't think of anything else that fits that quote.

By the way, in the interview Debi gave, she said Maks told her she would be doing the splits. She said she didn't do a split when she was 12 or 20 or 30 and she definitely wasn't going to do one at 45 and if Maks tried to do a split with her, she was going to kick him in the balls and send him to the hospital and she would have to go to the hospitial (after splits) and they would get eliminated. She is really funny and self deprecating. I like the girl, if this interview is really who she is.
    I'm pretty sure that's who she is. That's why I've loved her since I first discovered her years ago.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can't wait to see these two in action. From the bits and pieces of rehearsal footage I've seen, Debi looks great and I think will only get better with each passing week. Not only that, but I think they're going to provide some great banter, backstage clips, and rehearsal footage. Forget Maksim, I can't wait to see Debi talk back to CA, Len, Bruno, and Samantha! Out of the girls group I still think Mya is the one to beat, but if she's boring as dishwater, then Debi may outrank her.

There's a great interview with Debi at TVGuide.com. Some highlights:
    Contrary to widespread reports, Debi Mazar says she has absolutely no dancing experience on her résumé. So what's with all that B-girl talk? "I did a hip-hop TV pilot for a friend," the Dancing with the Stars contestant tells TVGuide.com. "All of the New York City breakers were the B-boys. I was just the girl who liked to dance at the clubs." But her rhythm in the clubs hasn't easily translated to the ballroom. "It's so grueling. I didn't know how to keep my feet together. I'm, like, f---ing pigeon-footed, like I'm about to take a sh-- or pee-pee. I look like an idiot!" the always sassy star says. Find out how she's learning to focus (and who gave her the advice), why she chose Maksim Chmerkovskiy as her partner and more.

TVGuide.com: How are rehearsals going?
    Debi Mazar: It's going pretty good. We have some days that are better than others, obviously. I had a naive sense because I thought since I love music that I was going to feel it and be divine! Then I realized I'm the most uncoordinated person! I feel like I have ADD. This rehearsal process has been really humbling, excruciatingly painful. There's a lot going on now too. I have two kids and school has started. I don't have time to do extra cardio or whatever. I find myself crying — not because of Maks because he's quite patient and lovely with me — because I, as a performer, want to look like the pro dancers.

TVGuide.com: A lot of people think Maks does make people cry.
    Mazar: Not with me. I'm hard on myself. The reason I chose Maks is because I saw him in other rehearsals on YouTube and I really felt that I needed somebody that was going to be really strict with me since I'm not a dancer. My second choice was Derek because I thought his dancing seemed fantastic, but I thought Maks would be better because of our heights — not that I'm tall or anything — and our coloring. Then I came to find out he's this incredible son. He's a great brother. He's a great boyfriend. He's a gentleman. He's 29 years old and has, like, four businesses. He's really intelligent and all of these things made me go, "Wow, I scored." I got someone who's going to push me and make me f---ing miserable, but I'll probably come out being a better dancer. And our personalities are good. We're both stubborn and have a great sense of humor.

TVGuide.com: Will Madonna ever drop by or make an appearance on the show?
    Mazar: Oh, definitely not! Never! First of all, she just ended a world tour and Madonna's never seen Dancing with the Stars. The tabloids wrote that she called me. Madonna doesn't call anybody on tour. I e-mailed her to go, "Oh my God! I've taken this job called Dancing with the Stars! My feet are killing me! Should I rehearse in flats?" She goes, "Oh, I always rehearse in heels. I'm really good at ballroom dancing." [Laughs] And that's the only advice she gave me! In terms of coming to see me — no. She's busy. With the amount of attention and cameras coming here, she wouldn't want to be involved in all of this. But I'll make her vote and make her spread the word. She doesn't really watch TV, but she'll TiVo me.
    There's also a video interview with her and Maks, and information about her cooking site, Under the Tuscan Gun.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm curious about them picking their partners-she said she picked Maks and got him. Denise said she wanted Maks and got him. Tom wanted Cheryl and got her. So, do they actually choose their partner, or do they suggest who they'd like and those 3 just got lucky? I kind of hope the producers still leave some mystery to who gets who.

Anyway, these two are an absolute riot to watch. I can't wait for the show to start. I'm still a little worried Debi's fan base may not be as strong as others.

I'm watching the Emmy's on CBS to see Maks and Karina dance. I didn't watch the first 30 minutes, so I hope I didn't miss them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast