+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Carter - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Aaron Carter - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3726738;
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aaron suddenly had to quit because of some questionable injury (like hurt feelings).
    I was actually thinking that there may come a day when a star's ego can't take it and they withdrawl for not being the favorite, not getting good scores, getting their dancing criticized, and not being the top vote getters among the fans.

Who is John Galt?

C'mon kid man up and grow up! This is what happens to talented people who find early fame but have a disfunctional family life - they stay adolescents and whine or throw a tantrum when they don't get their own way. They don't know how to adjust to life's hard balls. This is such a small, insignificant incident and to over react is about as immature as it gets. I have no sympathy at all.

I don't care for Karina, but I feel a little bit for her having to handle this kid's moods and immaturity. Sometimes karma is a bi*ch.

Karina's blog. I don't know if this will be a weekly thing or what. Apparently she disagreed to the max with the judges comments. She said next week they'll bring sexy and raunchy back with their AT (which I'll find quite funny if they get dinged for being too sexy and raunchy ) I think Aaron could be potentially make a comeback, but here's hoping it doesn't help him with viewer perception and it's a one week thing.

Karina Smirnoff: “I Didn’t Think It Was Appropriate To Be Raunchy” | Fancast News

He does have a more competitive group with the AT, going up against Mya/Dmitry and the judges faves Joanna/Derek.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3727707;
    Karina's blog. I don't know if this will be a weekly thing or what. Apparently she disagreed to the max with the judges comments. She said next week they'll bring sexy and raunchy back with their AT (which I'll find quite funny if they get dinged for being too sexy and raunchy ) I think Aaron could be potentially make a comeback, but here's hoping it doesn't help him with viewer perception and it's a one week thing.

Karina Smirnoff: “I Didn’t Think It Was Appropriate To Be Raunchy” | Fancast News

He does have a more competitive group with the AT, going up against Mya/Dmitry and the judges faves Joanna/Derek.
    Well, she may not have thought it was appropriate ( that surprises me!), but "raunchy" ( surprisingly explicit for him) is what Len wanted to see.

You know, I think Len was disappointed and felt shortchanged that all he got out of his expectations was Derek and Joanna's dance. Who would have thought it of ole Len?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

The Lambada is all about the sexuality, the raw nature of it. So why would she think that the judges didn't want it sexy or raunchy?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3727890;
    The Lambada is all about the sexuality, the raw nature of it. So why would she think that the judges didn't want it sexy or raunchy?
    Two guesses here as to why she wrote what she did: First, the music was incredibly fast it seemed to me, and second there had been so much speculation about the relationship between them ( to which she alluded) that she might have meant it would have been inappropriate for her to choreograph a really raunchy number.

Also, I think we are all kidding ourselves! If the producers/ censors edited that remark made by Macy, they were NOT going to allow the raunchy kinds of Lambadas that I saw on some of the clips on You Tube.

When I was a pre-teen there was a song and dance called Walking the Dog which was downright vulgar. Some of those Lambadas were like dogs, and I just can't fathom that would be shown on prime time tv.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

So I guess Karina's blog isn't a one time thing, she has a new entry up about last night. She said she had a heart attack being in the bottom 2 and was very shocked because of all the support she apparently got defending their lambada and lashing out at the judges. I think even 9 seasons in, the judges, producers, pros, and celebs forget just how much audience participation and viewer votes make an impact. It's a popularity contest and if someone is having more fun watching Louie, Chuck, and Michael stumble around the dance floor and view someone like Aaron, who may be a better dancer, with an entitled spoiled brat attitude, no question who their votes are going to. I think the judges made a valid point, but maybe they needed to make it in a better way so they could understand. I still don't think Aaron or Karina get it. He's too OTT with his dancing and moves and his attitude shows. I respect what Karina says, however, she should know by now there's a happy medium to find to be sexy and raunchy without doing an actual lambada. Maybe she had a disadvantage because Aaron couldn't sing her around from his hips like Derek could with Joanna. I actually wonder how the lifts will go in their AT.

Aaron can't get eliminated soon enough for me. True, Maks has made no secret that it'll be easier not having to see Karina all the time on the show. But Aaron seems to have foot in mouth disease. Kelly tweeted that he was late for the group rehearsals, and that never goes over well.

News – DWTS' Aaron Carter: Better "Energy" on Set Without Maksim – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

DWTS' Aaron Carter: Better "Energy" on Set Without Maksim
    Wednesday – October 14, 2009 – 6:19pm

Now that Maksim Chmerkovskiy has been voted off of Dancing With the Stars, which of his colleagues miss him the most? Not Aaron Carter.

Since Chmerkovskiy's departure (along with partner Debi Mazar) from the show last week, "the energy has definitely gotten a lot better," Carter told Usmagazine.com at the Fox Reality Channel Really Awards Tuesday night in Los Angeles.

In early September, Chmerkovskiy and Carter's partner Karina Smirnoff, 31, called off their eight-month engagement. Carter says there's less tension with Smirnoff's ex out of the picture.

"We have the opportunity now to focus on the dancing without the drama,” he told Us.

Carter, 21, still doesn't plan on asking out his now-single partner. "She's a little too old for me," he explained.

Chmerkovskiy is also still single -- but definitely not loving it.

"I need to get the pieces back together," he confided to Usmagazine.com at the Freedom Awards in Los Angeles Tuesday. "When you come out of a relationship that you wanted for the rest of your life, there is not much that you can be happy about."

But he still believes in love, right?
    "I'm working on it," he told Us, making a face.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3728023;
    Aaron can't get eliminated soon enough for me. True, Maks has made no secret that it'll be easier not having to see Karina all the time on the show. But Aaron seems to have foot in mouth disease. Kelly tweeted that he was late for the group rehearsals, and that never goes over well.

News – DWTS' Aaron Carter: Better "Energy" on Set Without Maksim – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

<sigh> Aaron, everything that goes on up in your head does not necessarily need to come out of your mouth. Sometimes it is better to remain silent and let people suspect that you lack wisdom than to open your mouth and to remove all doubt.
    Maks is obviously hurting. He doesn't need anyone else to publicly point out his problems and add to his humiliation.

This is why I say it's foot in mouth. Maks suffers from that quite a bit however he makes no apologies, stands by his comments, and only clairifies if it needs explaining. But, his criticism makes more sense. Aaron may not see the harm in making comments like this but I don't think he thinks it through how it's going to look-especially when you're paired with the guy's ex-fiancee and there's rumors about a romance going on between the two of them. He's already gotten strikes against him for his comments week 1 about winning.

+ Reply to Thread