+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3668240;
    ^I bet Maks is pissed too, since he probably knows what a diva she is since they were on The Superstars together.
    I'll wait until the official pairings come out to believe it. Show, you owe him big for season 10 (not to mention all of us who have missed his shirtless presence on the show for the last 3 seasons). As I mentioned, unless Louis, Louie, Anna D., and Macy seriously ticked off the producers of they think it'll be a funny gimmick to have the women towering over their men, I think those are wrong. I'll be disappointed for Anna T. if she's paired with Louie, because I'm not sure I see him last long. I love Anna and am happy she's back, but she has gotten any respect with partners. I'll believe the Jonathan/Kathy pairing. He, Maks, and Dmitry are the tallest male pros, and Kathy is one of the tallest female celebs this season. If Natalie/Alec are together, Kathy would really be the only logicial choice.

ETA: Debi Mazar confirmed via her twitter that she got Maks. Yes! No Joanna for him or Alec. So the confirmed pairs so far are Ashley/Edyta, Donny/Kym, Tom/Cheryl, Aaron/Chelsie, Natalie/Alec, and Debi/Maks.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-18-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Is Kym short, because Donny's not very tall at all. I've met him before, and he didn't seem much taller than I am (I'm 5'4").

I'm not a fan (way to old to have cared when he was a teen star), but I will say that he was very nice and not at all cocky or self-important. This was a long time ago, shortly after the Donny and Marie show ended, so he was still a very big star and could have been obnoxious if he had the inclination.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Poor Maks! What did he do to deserve that woman? Actually win something? (He won Superstars for those who didn't watch it. I was so happy for him to finally win something).

Chelsie and Aaron? Now that is a couple made of total cuteness. Awwww.

Why couldn't Derek or Mark gotten Joanna. However, if Mark gets Kellie? Then that is almost as good. I'm tired of the Ballas/Hough crew getting all the ringers every year and guaranteeing them a win. Give it to somebody else for a change!

I don't really like Karina but I'll be pulling for her partner so...bleh.

karalott: I just saw your post. YAY! I'm so happy that Maks didn't get that woman. Now who is Debi Mazar?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3667662;
    Also hear that Chelsie Hightower/Aaron Carter are paired up via Twitter.

Really? I've been following their twitters and didn't see any official confirmation (i.e., names mentioned). He said "She's beautiful", but that could mean one of many of the pros. Not sure if I'd call this one confirmed yet - unless you have an exact quote that I missed? (Trust me - I'd like to get my list all crossed off so I can stop guessing, too! LOL!)

FORT Fanatic

Here's another confirmation: Karina and Aaron

go to pop tv and scroll down for the video

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3668330;
    I'll wait until the official pairings come out to believe it. Show, you owe him big for season 10 (not to mention all of us who have missed his shirtless presence on the show for the last 3 seasons). As I mentioned, unless Louis, Louie, Anna D., and Macy seriously ticked off the producers of they think it'll be a funny gimmick to have the women towering over their men, I think those are wrong. I'll be disappointed for Anna T. if she's paired with Louie, because I'm not sure I see him last long. I love Anna and am happy she's back, but she has gotten any respect with partners. I'll believe the Jonathan/Kathy pairing. He, Maks, and Dmitry are the tallest male pros, and Kathy is one of the tallest female celebs this season. If Natalie/Alec are together, Kathy would really be the only logicial choice.

ETA: Debi Mazar confirmed via her twitter that she got Maks. Yes! No Joanna for him or Alec. So the confirmed pairs so far are Ashley/Edyta, Donny/Kym, Tom/Cheryl, Aaron/Chelsie, Natalie/Alec, and Debi/Maks.
    Just watched Aaron and Karina on pop tv. They just came out of practice and are paired.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3668202;
    This the complete list of pairings from ET, though I think there's going to be a few off:

Mya/Dmitry
    Donny/Kym
    Mark/Karina
    Melissa/Derek
    Kathy/Jonathan
    Louie/Anna D.
    Tom/Cheryl
    Ashley/Edyta
    Michael/Lacey
    Chuck/Anna T.
    Joanna/Maks (nooooooooooo!!!!!)
    Kellie/Mark
    Aaron/Chelsie
    Debi/Fabian
    Natalie/Alec
    Macy/Louis
    I'm bummed if there will be no Tony. I really started to like him last season when he was paired with Melissa. This week's TV guide gives a little background on each of the contestants. Dimitry and Fabian should do well if these pairings are accurate. Both Mya and Debi seem to have strong dance background. Derek if paired with Melissa may have a shot at another trophy. Melissa danced when she was young before she took up acting. TV guide calls Donny a front runner.

I have no favorite going in but I expect a couple of these folks to do pretty well right out of the gate.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 08-20-2009 at 03:19 PM.

FORT Fanatic

That ET list was allegedly from the ET Twitter account, but it's not "the" ET that we know and love/loathe. So, that's not an official list. I cannot FATHOM they would put Louie... who in the past was kept off the show because the female celebs were all too tall for him... with 6' Macy Gray. Plus, there were other confirmations that contradict that list. So, unless we hear it from the horses' mouths, it's all speculation.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3668762;

Why couldn't Derek or Mark gotten Joanna. However, if Mark gets Kellie? Then that is almost as good. I'm tired of the Ballas/Hough crew getting all the ringers every year and guaranteeing them a win. Give it to somebody else for a change!
    Of the annoying twosome, Mark is the one who gets the ringers, it seems like, every season. It is incredibly annoying that Mark gets those partners. Derek and his sister just seem popular and their partners benefit. That's annoying too and at least Julianne is sitting out a year.

Donny is winning unless someone pulls a Tonya Harding on him.

FORT Fanatic

Okay, NOW, officially confirmed by ET: Dmitry/Mya

"Mya will take to the dance floor week after week with her pro partner, Dmitry Chaplin."

Catgyrl is a very happy camper now!!!

+ Reply to Thread