+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3664847;
    Tom DeLay?

Not sure about Kelly Osbourne. I can't stand her....she seems to be a spoiled little brat.

Other than that I am fine with the pics. Donny Osmond should be fun.
    agree on all counts - along with Barry Manilow, Donny was my first crush. And I love his stage work he has done - he did a great dvd of the London production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat that is a lot fo fun to watch.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3667195;
    agree on all counts - along with Barry Manilow, Donny was my first crush. And I love his stage work he has done - he did a great dvd of the London production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat that is a lot fo fun to watch.
    I've always liked Donny and Marie. I was just a kid when their show was on and didn't miss it. I didn't mind Marie on her season, either. Heck, I want to go see their show in Vegas.

Who is John Galt?

Mark Dascascos, a local boy from Hawaii, is my favorite to win. If he is as agile at dancing as he is as a martial artist, he should put on a good show. He is fairly short, so he will probably end up with Karinna. And, he cooks too (I didn't know that) - wow!

Don't know a lot of these people, but of the women, I like Kathy Ireland best. The rest . . who knows?? I'll watch because I love the show and it should be very interesting. Many times, those who seem like they would be good dancers are not . . and sometimes we are surprised by others.

I can hardly wait. (Glad Louis is back on. . one of my favorite pros).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3667408;
    Mark Dascascos, a local boy from Hawaii, is my favorite to win. If he is as agile at dancing as he is as a martial artist, he should put on a good show. He is fairly short, so he will probably end up with Karinna. And, he cooks too (I didn't know that) - wow!

Don't know a lot of these people, but of the women, I like Kathy Ireland best. The rest . . who knows?? I'll watch because I love the show and it should be very interesting. Many times, those who seem like they would be good dancers are not . . and sometimes we are surprised by others.

I can hardly wait. (Glad Louis is back on. . one of my favorite pros).
    This guy is the ONLY reason that I'll tune in this season. I think he'll go far. I can't wait to see who he'll be paired with, she better be good. Honestly, everyone else is so uninteresting, but this guy could potentially be the breakout star out the next DWTS season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3666690;
    Bolero - isn't that the slowed down Rumba or something like that? I really don't like that dance. It's so boring.

Two-step? Lambada? Seriously? All I can do is just shake my head.

I'm not very excited for this cast, could be the whole Joanna thing. What is sad/bad is that we were discussing who from Superstars Maks should be paired with this season and never once did Joanna get considered. So guess who shows up?

They can put her with Alex. Long as it's not Luis or Maks.

Oh wait! Mark Dacascos - that's the guy from Iron Chef? Oh....I may just have to watch after all just for him. I LOVE him on that show. Have you seen how bendy he is when he does his flips? He could very well be the dark horse in this thing, depending upon who they pair him with.
    Hey, not Alec God, I wish they could pair her with Derek or Mark. After all their luck they deserve someone like her. Can't they give them taller shoes to wear? I hate to say it. I really, really do. But give her to Tony. He got lucky last year with Melissa, and I know he's usually the one who gets the bottom of the barrell contestant as it is. But dang it, I want Maks to go all the way this year. Alec's had enough bad partners or bad luck and enough no named models to get him booted first. Louis deserves better after not being on the last 2 seasons and being paired with Prisicilla in season 6 (after being gone for 2 seasons). He's one of the traditional staples of this show that keeps it real, and not all flashy.

I remember the discussion we were having about who we'd love to see from Superstars. I didn't even think they'd consider Joanna, but maybe ABC liked her loose cannon attitude. Or, as I think, wanted an automatic early boot. I know, of all the people from that show, they'd have to pick the absolute worst one. Oh well, we know she won't last past the 3rd week. If her lack of fan base doesn't do her in, her lovely little attitude and good girl mouth will. ABC, get the censors ready.

I was excited about them adding new dances this season, but am not happy with the choices. I hope they don't do like season 7, where they have 2 couples do one dance, 2 do another, and so on. I read that Bolero is actually almost identical to the salsa. So maybe they're getting rid of that, though I'd rather them keep the salsa. I was hoping they'd add American Smooth. That's Jonathan's speciality, and it allow 2 legal lifts. Take that CA! Also the merengue. I just hope the dancers know about these dances. I think it's unfair when it's a dance style they're unfamiliar with. I'd rather see them bring back other dances instead, like the mambo and the tango (but keep the Argentine Tango), instead of these.

Sabrina the teenage witch ticked me off a few years ago when she spouted off on her myspace page about Daughtry "stealing" her husband's song so I definitely will not be rooting for her. I hope she goes home early too, though I know she has a lot of fans.
    I still like Melissa, though I didn't care much for her like I once did. I didn't like her statement during season 7 that she was boycotting the show simply because they hadn't had her on yet. She got bumped for Heather Mills during season 4 allegedly, so I can understand that anger. But they asked her for season 1, she declined, then has been trying to get on ever since.

The pairings are leaking out, and here are some of them:

Donny/Kym Johnson (go Kym go! ) via Donny's twitter
    Ashley/Edyta (bleh. Poor Edyta. But she got his dad, I guess I'm not surprised) bia ETonline
    Natalie/Alec ( Alec!) via Natalie's twitter
    Tom/Cheryl (good bye Cheryl!) via Cheryl's facebook

ETA: ABC's press release for the season. 8 couples dance one night, the other 8 Tuesday, and 2 eliminations the first week. The pro dancer competition is back, as is design a dance.

ABC Medianet

THE STAGE IS SET FOR 16 NEW STARS TO SHOWCASE THEIR FANCY FOOTWORK AS "DANCING WITH THE STARS" RETURNS FOR ITS NINTH SEASON, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 ON ABC

Three-Night Premiere Event Begins Monday, September 21

Two Celebrities Eliminated on Wednesday, September 23

"Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" Premieres in Regular Timeslot on Tuesday, September 29

Macy's Stars of Dance Returns

Pro Dancer Competition Returns

An all new cast of celebrities hits the dance floor on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" with the highly anticipated two-hour season premiere, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. With its biggest season yet, "Dancing with the Stars" Season Nine introduces us to 16 new stars, including an Osmond and an Osbourne, two Grammy AwardŽ winning artists, a Cowboy, a model CEO and a former House Majority Leader.

Eight teams will strut their stuff on Monday night, while the other eight teams will show off their moves on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). On a special night and time, two couples will learn their fate and be sent home on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

Following is the schedule for Season Nine (dates and times subject to change):

"Dancing with the Stars," two-hour performance show, MONDAYS beginning, SEPTEMBER 21 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) through NOVEMBER 16
    "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," one-hour, TUESDAYS beginning, SEPTEMBER 29 (9:00 -10:00 p.m., ET) through NOVEMBER 17

"Dancing with the Stars," 90-minute performance show, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23 (8:30-10:00 p.m., ET)
    Season Finale, two-hours, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET)
    Last edited by karalott; 08-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Premium Member

Also hear that Chelsie Hightower/Aaron Carter are paired up via Twitter.

Wow I can see the audience will be filled with long in the tooth Osmond 's and Loud of the mouth Osborne's. wonderful
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

This the complete list of pairings from ET, though I think there's going to be a few off:

Mya/Dmitry
    Donny/Kym
    Mark/Karina
    Melissa/Derek
    Kathy/Jonathan
    Louie/Anna D.
    Tom/Cheryl
    Ashley/Edyta
    Michael/Lacey
    Chuck/Anna T.
    Joanna/Maks (nooooooooooo!!!!!)
    Kellie/Mark
    Aaron/Chelsie
    Debi/Fabian
    Natalie/Alec
    Macy/Louis

Considering Macy Gray is over 6' and Louis is 5'7", I think they have him and Dmitry switched around. I also think they have the two Anna's backwards, as Anna Demidova is over 6' as well, and no way Louie Vito is taller than that. We know Natalie, Tom, Donny, Ashley, and Aaron are confirmed. Noticeably absent is Tony Dovolani, replaced by Fabian Sanchez. I've been waiting for Fabian to return, though I'll miss Tony, if in fact he's not back. The rest that are unconfirmed seem likely. I'd be happy with Jonathan getting Kathy. I am hoping, praying, offering my first born that Joanna didn't get Maks. Why, DWTS producers? I'm sure she made sure to request one of the more popular pros so she can think she has a shot. If I were Maks I'd fake injury 1 minute to show time and bow out.

Premium Member

^I bet Maks is pissed too, since he probably knows what a diva she is since they were on The Superstars together.

+ Reply to Thread