+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3487356;
    I say lets just get the grown kids of the Brady Bunch and the grown kids from The Patridge Family and let them go head to head...lol..

j/k folks
    Hey, they did get Greg Brady and Danny Patridge on the celebrity boxing show fox did. That'd the ultimate dance off-the Bradys vs the Patridge kids. Hmm, there's actually a lot of possibilites there with other TV families. I am somewhat surprised they haven't had any of the Brady Bunch cast on there, unless they (the show or the cast) were turned down. They're almost a staple of showing up on a celebrity reality show as Stephen Baldwin.

Cheryl and Tony have apparently confirmed they will be back next season. The pros usually say they don't know until the last minute, but I never bought that. We also know Anna Demidova is confirmed. I'd really be surprised if any of the regular pros aren't back next season, unless they bow out. With the exceptions of Derek, Mark, and the SYTYCD alums (who all have their own fan bases anyway) the others are all veterans and really like a staple of the show. I can't see them replacing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3489185;
    Cheryl and Tony have apparently confirmed they will be back next season. The pros usually say they don't know until the last minute, but I never bought that. We also know Anna Demidova is confirmed. I'd really be surprised if any of the regular pros aren't back next season, unless they bow out. With the exceptions of Derek, Mark, and the SYTYCD alums (who all have their own fan bases anyway) the others are all veterans and really like a staple of the show. I can't see them replacing anyone.
    I sure hope Chelsie Hightower is back. S8 was her first on DWTS and I think we will all agree that she did a bang up job with Ty. I think Chelsie is just adorable. Does anyone know if she is a southern girl? She sure sounds like it.

I'm glad to hear that Cheryl and Tony will be back. You know, I never really noticed Tony until this past season with Melissa. I mean, I knew he was there, but he just didn't stand out to me until S8. I would love to see Tony win DWTS, hopefully next season. I wanted him to win S8 and I truly believe that was his best chance. Please, no more teenagers on the show who has a fan base of a bunch of teens who have nothing better to do than spend their lives texting votes.

Maybe the other contestants should have worked harder to encourage a bigger fan base so they could of been the winner. The gist of the show is 50% fan base. Shawn and Mark did a better job both on the floor and with their fans than did the other two remaining contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3490320;
    I sure hope Chelsie Hightower is back. S8 was her first on DWTS and I think we will all agree that she did a bang up job with Ty. I think Chelsie is just adorable. Does anyone know if she is a southern girl? She sure sounds like it.

I'm glad to hear that Cheryl and Tony will be back. You know, I never really noticed Tony until this past season with Melissa. I mean, I knew he was there, but he just didn't stand out to me until S8. I would love to see Tony win DWTS, hopefully next season. I wanted him to win S8 and I truly believe that was his best chance. Please, no more teenagers on the show who has a fan base of a bunch of teens who have nothing better to do than spend their lives texting votes.
    She's from Utah, possibly South Salt Lake City.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3490320;

I really just want one of the veterans to win, which is why I'd be 100% against a Donny/Lacey pairing. That's not to say they'd win, or that Donny wouldn't completely alienate by being hammy, or that their freestyle wouldn't tank (sorry, I thought Lacey/Lance's freestyle left a lot to be desired and I'm not convinced Donny could pull off a sensible one without completely going OTT or worse, making his sister's doll dance look good ) But next season, I want Tony, Maks, Edyta, Karina, or Kym to finally win. I hope Derek and Mark are gone early and get really difficult partners. They lucked out with Lil Kim and Shawn because they were the only ones that could match their height. But I can't say I was overly impressed with Shawn's dancing. I like Chelsie and Dmitry, but again, I want one of the long time vets to win, and not have it be Cheryl, Derek, or Mark.

Some other names that are floating around out there to be on the show or who are interested: former AI8 finalists Danny Goeky, Adam Lambert, and Scott McIntyre. CA said she would love to have Adam do the show and he said he'd consider. Since they're on tour all summer I doubt it'd be this season. Dr. Phil, Dr. Laura, Dina Lohan, and Naomi Campbell (who did the Italian version of DWTS) are names floating around out there to be on next season.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

E!Online

Dancing With the Stars is getting a little more fashionable.

A source tells E! News that designer Vera Wang has signed on to compete for next season's disco ball trophy...

Wang, who will be 60 by the time the next round of waltzing kicks off in the fall, rose from Vogue editor to one of the world's most famous wedding dress designers. She not only dresses celebs on the red carpet now, but she has her own home collection, plus a lower-priced clothing collection at Kohl's.

As a young girl, Wang trained as a professional figure skater. She later designed costumes for Nancy Kerrigan and Michelle Kwan. Another famous figure skater, Kristi Yamaguchi, won season six of DWTS.

A rep for Wang did not immediately comment. As is usually the case, an ABC rep declined to comment on casting.

ABC just announced today that season nine will premiere with a three-night, five-hour extravaganza on Sept. 21.
    Having her on there would be a thrill for the costume designers, I'm sure!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just read about Vera Wang, too, and I'd look forward to seeing her. She'll filll the older woman role, but with a background in skating she'll probably be at least as good as Jane Seymour, with a background in ballet, was. The article above states it's not confirmed, but I'm inclined to believe it's true, and it's one less spot for a reality person.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I would definitely be happy to see Vera Wang, it's about time there was a fashion designer! She'd get some votes from me, that's for sure. The costume department would have their hands full, though...I can almost see her designing her own outfits. THAT would be fun.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I put this in the media thread but it'd be interesting and different having a fashion designer on there since they've never had one. I know people have mentioned they'd like to see a well known author or fashion designer cast for something different. I'm inclined to believe this is true. Also, I think that one wrestler mentioned a ways back (Kurt?) is probably a good bet since they said he's in negotiations. And I'm not counting out Donny Osmond. So that's probably 3 people right there. How tall is Vera? I just like to see height wise who her potential partners could be.

+ Reply to Thread