+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

FORT Fanatic

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

According to Melissa Joan Hart's myspace it doesn't appear that she has a lot of confidence in her dancing. It could be a rouse, but I sort of agree. I don't think she is particularly graceful when she moves, but I could be wrong.
    Mark Dacascos is a highly trained martial arts expert, and made it his life's work along with acting. The early ABC pictures show him to be in top physical form and one shot shows a beautiful dance position for Foxtrot. Lacey is amazed at his work ethic and how fast he learns so he's definitely going to be a major threat. If he can muster the fanbase he's got a real shot at this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Full interview: Louis Van Amstel | Video | abc7.com

Here's an interview from Louis Van Amstel where he mentions some changes to the show (I'm not sure if I'm going to like all of them )

-they are getting new dances that none of the pros have ever done or know how to do (hopefully this isn't a disaster like season 7)

-there's double eliminations

-there will be weeks the audience doesn't get to vote (if they leave it up to the judges... ). The only thing I can think of is if it's like the dance off format on SCD where the bottom 2 couples dance again and the judges pick who stays. I don't like that idea, either. Hasn't the show ever heard if it ain't broke, don't fix it? I worry that some of the couples the show wants around solely for popularity of drama will outlast those that are better dancers, more decent personalities, and were voted through by America.

-there will be dance offs, and he said it's starting week 1. Joanna mentioned in an interview that she and Derek are doing a relay foxtrot No idea what they means, unless it's like the group dance/team dances. Or that's the dance they do in the dance off if they win up in the bottom 2 instead of doing one of their dances from the night before.

-Louis also said there are other changes but he doesn't want to go into detail with those to give them away. He seems happy about all of the above.

A funny note, he mentioned when he went to meet Kellie for the first time Ozzie opened the door. He yelled to Sharon, and neither of them had any idea Kellie had signed up for the show. Louis says she can't dance but seems happy with their partnership. Maybe he's just more excited to be back.

I think the first dances for the first 2 weeks are cha cha, waltz, salsa, foxtrot, and this relay foxtrot, from what the pros have revealed. Mya, Louie, and Tom have the waltz, and Joanna said she's doing the relay foxtrot and salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3680035;
    Full interview: Louis Van Amstel | Video | abc7.com

Here's an interview from Louis Van Amstel where he mentions some changes to the show (I'm not sure if I'm going to like all of them )

-they are getting new dances that none of the pros have ever done or know how to do (hopefully this isn't a disaster like season 7)

-there's double eliminations

-there will be weeks the audience doesn't get to vote (if they leave it up to the judges... ). The only thing I can think of is if it's like the dance off format on SCD where the bottom 2 couples dance again and the judges pick who stays. I don't like that idea, either. Hasn't the show ever heard if it ain't broke, don't fix it? I worry that some of the couples the show wants around solely for popularity of drama will outlast those that are better dancers, more decent personalities, and were voted through by America.

-there will be dance offs, and he said it's starting week 1. Joanna mentioned in an interview that she and Derek are doing a relay foxtrot No idea what they means, unless it's like the group dance/team dances. Or that's the dance they do in the dance off if they win up in the bottom 2 instead of doing one of their dances from the night before.

-Louis also said there are other changes but he doesn't want to go into detail with those to give them away. He seems happy about all of the above.

A funny note, he mentioned when he went to meet Kellie for the first time Ozzie opened the door. He yelled to Sharon, and neither of them had any idea Kellie had signed up for the show. Louis says she can't dance but seems happy with their partnership. Maybe he's just more excited to be back.

I think the first dances for the first 2 weeks are cha cha, waltz, salsa, foxtrot, and this relay foxtrot, from what the pros have revealed. Mya, Louie, and Tom have the waltz, and Joanna said she's doing the relay foxtrot and salsa.
    Maybe Joanna is being sarcastic when she uses the term "relay Foxtrot" because of the "relays" she and T.O. did when they were on The Superstars. Just a thought.

A popular social networking site just posted a bunch of rehearsal pics on their official DWTS page. If it's the official page, can I post a link? I always get confused on that rule so I just never do.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte;3680740;
    A popular social networking site just posted a bunch of rehearsal pics on their official DWTS page. If it's the official page, can I post a link? I always get confused on that rule so I just never do.
    I don't know about the rules here about posting pics from other sites, but would you mind pm me the link? Thanks.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I've never been a huge DWTS fan anyway, but this season's lineup makes me less interested than ever. (I think So You Think You Can Dance is a much, much better show, not just because all the dancers are actually good, but because it is not limited to ballroom.) There is no one in this fall's DWTS list of contestants that I have any interest in watching. Most other years there were at least one or two.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3678065;
    According to Melissa Joan Hart's myspace it doesn't appear that she has a lot of confidence in her dancing. It could be a rouse, but I sort of agree. I don't think she is particularly graceful when she moves, but I could be wrong.
    Mark Dacascos is a highly trained martial arts expert, and made it his life's work along with acting. The early ABC pictures show him to be in top physical form and one shot shows a beautiful dance position for Foxtrot. Lacey is amazed at his work ethic and how fast he learns so he's definitely going to be a major threat. If he can muster the fanbase he's got a real shot at this.
    Melissa Joan Hart had formal ballet training for years. Found out by googling.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3686580;
    I've never been a huge DWTS fan anyway, but this season's lineup makes me less interested than ever. (I think So You Think You Can Dance is a much, much better show, not just because all the dancers are actually good, but because it is not limited to ballroom.) There is no one in this fall's DWTS list of contestants that I have any interest in watching. Most other years there were at least one or two.
    Good, no ringer, Melissa is one of the few with formal dance training though and she has been put with Mark who tends to be a fave. I feel this year is more of a playing field and will be very interesting. I feel the contestants may really have a desire to dance well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3686580;
    I agree that the contestant list is much less interesting than other years, and worse, have several that I absolutely do not want to watch even once. At least there is one this time that I want to see (Kathy Ireland), plus I really grew to love Tony (her pro, and such a great guy too!) last season.

I seldom watch for the the pros, and when my fave contestants leave, I quit watching. I'll probably just record this season and FF through to watch Kathy and Tony, unless someone else intrigues me on the premeire.

Sometimes I will watch the premiere even if no contestants interest me (or out of curiousity about someone), and then someone may become a surprise fave. I'm one of those viewers that considers DWTS an entertainment show, and not a serious dance competition.

Oops, I almost forgot about Bruno (judge), looooooooove him! So maybe I will keep recording/FFing if Kathy gets eliminated.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 09-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Personally I LOVE this show! I can do with out the concerts and Macy Master of Dance crap, but I love to watch the dancing, even I have no clue who the "stars" are. Helio is a perfect example. I had no idea who he was, but watching him dance was so much fun! Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread