+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Other pro confirmed to be returning: Lacey. I'm sure all the pros from last season will return, but we know for sure Cheryl, Anna D., Derek, Mark, Louis (), and now Lacey. If they do the 16 couples, and even split, then they'll need 2 more males and one more female pro. If they decide to have more male pros like they've been doing, they'll need 2 more female pros. Either way, I hope Derek and Mark don't win this season. Rumors are heavy about Paula being on the show. I may think it's rigged if Derek gets the ringer this season. I want new pros to advance for a change. Derek and Mark seem more excited about performing on the show with their band and their music anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3656256;
    I forgot to say back at ya! That list that was leaked of the alleged cast is on page 7 of this thread if you want to check it out. I didn't watch The Bachelorette of course, though it seems like there was some drama as I caught it in the tabloids. Doesn't seem to be the effect of Melissa/Jason though. I'm waiting for the day that The Bachelorette mentions she's preggers but doesn't know if her chosen one is the father. Talk about drama, and Maury Povich would be drooling over the ratings he'd get for that paternity episode Or some ex lover crashes the show and wants her/his boyfriend/girlfriend back.

I am beginning to believe anything is possible on this show!

Thanks for the update on the list of potential dancers. Most of them I don't recognize. Donny would be fun but he will steal the limelight of course. I hope they can match the surprise contestants like they did last year. I just saw SATC last night (again) on HBO and saw our heart throb Gilles! I still marvel at the fact that he could dance! He is apparently filming his Brothers/Sisters role if I read his tweet right.

Let's hope they can come up with at least one Gilles and or Christian this upcoming season.

ETA: Great news about Lacey! She was awesome for her first season and will only be better this year!

Edyta and Alec have confirmed they'll be back. Edyta said they start training Monday, the day of the cast reveal, so we'll probably find out the pairings right away. Here's hoping they both get really good partners this season. I want Edyta to finally win, and Alec to make it past the half way point. After his first season, he hasn't had much luck. Without confirmation, I think we can also assume Maks, Karina, and Tony will be back. Tony is planning on being in a new movie, though, so I wonder if maybe he'll take the season off?

It was also mentioned in an ABC press release that after the cast reveal GMA will interview DWTS's newest cast member; I hope they mean Anna Demidova and not a new judge or another new pro (I'm still scared they're going to cast Lacey's brother as a pro).

Latoya Jackson also confirmed, at least for this season, she doesn't plan on competing on DWTS because she's still dealing with her brother's death and trying to find out what happened the day he died.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know if this name has been mentioned yet but on one of the entertainment shows I saw earlier today they mentioned that Brody Jenner was in talks with DWTS.

I was looking forward to LaToya. She was amazing on Celebrity Big Brother over in the UK. The British public didn't warm up to her, which I thought was weird because she really was a lovely woman.

I'm really going to try and watch this season, because I haven't really watched a season lately (most recent was S5, when Helio won). I've just been watching one or two episodes a season, catching dances on YouTube, and reading updates online. I don't know why, but I seem to find more enjoyment in finding out who's on the show rather than actually watching the show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Tomorrow is the big day! The cast reveal! Some last minute spoiler rumors:

Kurt Angle, the wrestler who was short listed for the show, has been arrested so I'm going to assume he's out. For those who watched 'The Superstars' with Maks this past summer, two of the alumni from that show are reportedly short listed-though not the ones I would have wanted. One of them is Dan Cortiese, the other is whiny, big mouth, obnoxious, "super model" Joanna Krupa. She gave a quote, much like Aaron Carter, to "watch for her new project on ABC on Aug. 17th-and it's in the dancing genre". If in fact the producers think stunt casting someone like her is worth it please, please, please give her to Mark or Derek. Alec has had enough no named first boot models, Tony's has had more than enough patience with his clunkers, Louis deserves better and to return to his season 2/3 glory, and she's too short for Dmitry. Derek deserves someone that'll give him a hard time and has no fan base, though I'm sure she'll be thrilled that she gets a popular dancer that she thinks she's a lock to win with. Mark has only had to put up with Kim Kardashian, he hasn't suffered enough, either.

Just skimming/catching up . . .
    Tony Danza, Christie Brinkley, Lou Ferrigno – hope they all are on.

Btw, Nancy O’Dell is still recuperating. I saw an interview where she said she won’t be back this season.

I heard that Beth Stern (Howard's wife) has been asked a few times. She's very tall, so would have to be with Maks or Dmitry. Her voice grates but otherwise she's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3642966;
    Oh please NO Donny Osmond, hell I will be seeing his face on every Entertainment show again along with his tagalong Marie. Arggh.

Hey, how about Luke Conley ("More to Love")? Nah, I'm kidding. He has a full plate.
    Last edited by tango7; 08-16-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Tom promised we'll have some surprises that haven't been leaked out yet. I wonder what the producers think when contestants more or less spill the beans before the big reveal. Derek mentioned he meets his partner Wednesday, though Edyta said they start training Monday, so I wonder if the pairings happen tomorrow or later on in the week I think I'm more anxious as to who's getting paired with who. I really, really, am hoping and praying, that someone other than Derek, Cheryl, and Mark get contenders. And that Maks lasts past the second week! I've been going through withdrawls the last 3 seasons

The first list that leaked I believe was bogus, at least 90% of it. Alicia Sacarmone has said she wouldn't be doing DWTS this season as she has other things going on that would take up too much time (of course she could just be saying that).

I'm betting on Aaron Carter for sure, and singer Macy Gray as confirmed she'll be on the show, so we'll see. She's very tall, so I'm thinking she'll be with Dmitry, Tony, or Maks. Too bad they didn't have Mayo on this season, he would have been a perfect match. Christie Brinkley would be nice, as she'd fill the model category but would be more well known than some of the others who have been on here. People keep speculating Misty Treanor will return, though I haven't seen her name mentioned anywhere official. I'm sort of hoping Donny turns out not to be on this season.

Here's the article mentioning Joanna Krupa as a possible contestant:

Joanna Krupa is done with T.O., says 'Dancing' is next - About Last Night

When I asked about her future projects, she talked about hosting a women's Mixed Martial Arts show ("Ultimate Women's Combat") that will debut on NBC in January and then offered a hint on a separate project.

"I have another show coming out and if you watch 'Good Morning America' on Monday you'll find out what it is," said Krupa, adding that the show is in the "dancing" genre.

(Note: "Good Morning America will announce the upcoming cast of "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday.)
    And about Kurt Angle's arrest:

Kurt Angle Busted for Alleged Harassment | TMZ.com

Kurt Angle Busted for Alleged Harassment
    Posted Aug 15th 2009 4:02PM by TMZ Staff

TNA Wrestling world champion Kurt Angle was arrested this morning for allegedly harassing a female wrestler who had a protective order against him.

Angle allegedly was served with a "protection from abuse" order earlier in the morning -- and then was spotted following the woman to a local Starbucks.

According to WPXI in Pittsburgh, Angle was also in possession of HGH and was driving on a suspended license.

He was charged with driving while operating privilege is suspended, prohibited acts-possession, harassment and prohibited acts.

Angle is scheduled to compete in a TNA event in Orlando Sunday night.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-16-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Via his twitter, Donny's confirmed he will be on DWTS this season. So that's Aaron, Macy Gray, and Donny. I still think Lou Ferrigno is a strong bet. I'll be curious what other leaked names turn out to be true. If it was true about Kurt Angle being on, are they going to let him appear or use a last minute replacement? I don't see how he could with his legal problems.

I do hope the rumor about Joanna Krupa is false, only because I know the show loves Mark and Derek too much to stick them with her. I'll be okay with Donny as long as they don't make it the Dancing with Donny Osmond show and no one else is good enough to lick his feet in the judges praise and producers eyes. I'm betting they're going to go for a male winner this year, and right now he's a lock for that, the finals at the very least. Oh, and give him to Edyta, Kym, or Karina. Or Anna T. if she's back. He mentioned he wanted Lacey, but hopefully they don't give him to her.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-17-2009 at 02:08 AM.

I hope Joanna Krupa is not on, she is a real piece of work if her behavior to her partner, Terrell Owens, on The Superstars is anything to go by. She was really obnoxious.

+ Reply to Thread