+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3646937;
    Thanking goodness Jillian Harris can't dance!

Jillian's fiancee' Ed can dance! Hmmm, who should he be paired up with??? Kym, Edyta? Oh, the fun us JEDI's will have thinking about that fantasy!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Is LaToya Jackson ready for some 'Dancing'? - Lifeline Live - USATODAY.com

Another casting rumor (that is hopefully false).

Is LaToya Jackson ready for some 'Dancing'?

How would you like to see LaToya Jackson compete on Dancing With The Stars? Us Weekly reports that ABC has "put out a firm offer for her to be a contestant on the ninth installment."

She joins the already-rumored Vera Wang, Lou Ferrigno, Dean McDermott and wrestler Kurt Angle. Of course, all of these names could be completely wrong, but contracts should be finalized soon. The announcement is slated for Monday on Good Morning America.

UPDATE: Audrina Patridge of The Hills wants to be on DWTS, reports E!'s Marc Malkin, but she has a scheduling conflict.
    In dancers news, Cheryl has tweeted that she will be returning for season 9 (not that there was really any doubt), joining Derek, Mark, and Anna D. as being confirmed to return. With the number of couples this season, I really hope they don't bring Corky back. Mark is enough for me.

None of the contestants posted thus far is inspiring me to watch next season. I sure hope they at least put some 'B' level people on the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3655453;
    Is LaToya Jackson ready for some 'Dancing'? - Lifeline Live - USATODAY.com

Another casting rumor (that is hopefully false).

In dancers news, Cheryl has tweeted that she will be returning for season 9 (not that there was really any doubt), joining Derek, Mark, and Anna D. as being confirmed to return. With the number of couples this season, I really hope they don't bring Corky back. Mark is enough for me.
    karalott! How refreshing to be be back on the DWTS thread after this season of The Bachelorette with Jillian Harris, Melissa's TB competitor! And I thought Melissa's stint on DWTS was rough, well it pales in comparison to Jillian's season on TB! That said, seeing your posts I am suddenly excited about a new DWTS season and the prospect of new dancers. Is there a running list of guest dancers yet? Or are we still in the discussion stage? I see LaToya and Donnie are possibilities. Cheryl looks like she is fired up and ready for the new season.

Maks and Karina were on GMA this morning performing with their dance routine from the "Burn the Floor" the broadway show! Apparently, they have a 4-week stint on the show and then it is turned over to Anna and Pasha from SYTYCD? All fun to watch. I am looking forward to the new season

So far, rumored dancers are singer Aaron Carter, music producer Suge Knight (and thug who's name hasn't been mentioned since early on and hopefully is not true), actor Lou Ferrigno, entertainer Donny Osmond, race car driver PJ Chessman, actor Ashley Hamilton (son of season 2 contestant George Hamilton), General Hospial star Greg Vaughn, wrestler Kurt Angle, actress Debi Mazar, singer Kellie Osbourne, and designer Vera Wang. Aaron tweeted to watch for his "big news" on ABC Aug. 17th, the day of the cast release, so unless it's unrelated he's likely confirmed. Vera Wang was the first spoiler of the season, and there's been a bunch of articles mentioning them. Lou Ferrigno is also confirmed to be locked in though he of course is saying he doesn't know yet and would just like to do it. Donny and Marie's Vegas shows were reportedly revamped to work around the show (that's what people are speculating), Donny has again mentioned he'd love to finally do it and even said last season he'd hold out for the fall. Earlier he mentioned he'd love to be partnered with Lacey since he and her brother are friends. Other names have been put out there but those are mostly people who say they want to do it rather than being rumored of actually being on(Roselyn Sanchez, Sherri Shepard, Brooke Hogan, Emily Blunt, Dominique Miller, some woman from The Real Housewives series, a bunch of former Bachelors peeps).

A list was leaked to a newspaper overseas of the contestants this year; the list only had 14 instead of 16 and didn't have any of the rumored names except Lou and Aaron. I call BS on it for a few reasons; one is a rapper turned jail bird turned I don't know what (Da Brat, who also was on another reality show with celebs I think), Alicia Sacramone, an Olympic winning gymnast and I doubt they'd have another one on so soon after Shawn. But this is DWTS who thought it was a good idea to cast Master P and Cloris Leachman. Alicia did say she'd love to do the show. Then a guy by the name of James Wagner who no one knows about, so some think it might be Jack Wagner, though he stars on a rival soap opera on CBS so I have my doubts there, though would love it if it were true, and figure skater Johnny Weir, but he's planning on competing in the 2010 Olympics so I highly doubt he'd be able to do DWTS or want to risk injury.

[QUOTE=karalott;3655804;] But this is DWTS who thought it was a good idea to cast Master P and Cloris Leachman.QUOTE]

Technically Master stepped in for his son, Romeo.

also I read the Audrina Patridge(The Hills) wants to be on but MTV has nixed the idea.

16 couples is overkill in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3656216;
    16 couples is overkill in my opinion.
    It was going to happen eventually. SCD has 16 couples, and some of the international versions have more than 13. The premiere is 3 nights, so I really hope they don't think it's a good idea to have 8 girls perform the first night for 2 hours and the 8 men to perform the other night for 2 hours. That's over doing it. I am hopeful they bring back some former pros rather than new ones. That's one of my wishes for the new season. The others being that Derek, Mark, and Cheryl get the duds and are out before the half way point; that the show goes back to more basic ballroom and CA cools it over the lifts and giving non ballroom dances 10's because they entertained her but talking off points for couples she doesn't like because they don't get the technique right; that the group dance is something like the first 4 seasons and not a nightmarish hip hop or 60's themed dance; that they drop the team dances; that we get some new blood into the top 3; and that the judges and producers drop the biases and favoritism. SCD sacked it's female judge in place of a former, younger winner, and let go of one of the show's favorite pros, one of the older women, so I'm more worried DWTS producers might think that's a good idea to start replacing these pros with younger blood, or that the rumor about Brooke Burke guest judging turns out to be true.

karalott! How refreshing to be be back on the DWTS thread after this season of The Bachelorette with Jillian Harris, Melissa's TB competitor! And I thought Melissa's stint on DWTS was rough, well it pales in comparison to Jillian's season on TB!
    I forgot to say back at ya! That list that was leaked of the alleged cast is on page 7 of this thread if you want to check it out. I didn't watch The Bachelorette of course, though it seems like there was some drama as I caught it in the tabloids. Doesn't seem to be the effect of Melissa/Jason though. I'm waiting for the day that The Bachelorette mentions she's preggers but doesn't know if her chosen one is the father. Talk about drama, and Maury Povich would be drooling over the ratings he'd get for that paternity episode Or some ex lover crashes the show and wants her/his boyfriend/girlfriend back.

FORT Fanatic

I saw Louie on Good Morning Utah this morning and he said that the pro dancers would be contacted in the next day or so to let them know if they will be on this season. He was hopeful he would be included as there will be 16 couples this season.

I hope Greg Vaughn will be part of the cast. He was on my wish list as far as soap actors go.
    Last edited by Reggie24; 08-12-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3656476;
    I saw Louie on Good Morning Utah this morning and he said that the pro dancers would be contacted in the next day or so to let them know if they will be on this season. He was hopeful he would be included as there will be 16 couples this season.

I hope Greg Vaughn will be part of the cast. He was on my wish list as far as soap actors go.
    Louis has twittered that he will be back this season! Now I'm hoping they give him a good partner. Louis did so well during seasons 2 and 3 but didn't have much with Priscilla Presley in season 6. His routines with Lisa and Monique were some of my all time favorites. I'd love to see a freestyle from him.

It'd be nice if they had Greg on, since GH is filmed in LA and whoever got him wouldn't have to do the LA/NYC commute that Edyta and Tony had to do with Cameron and Susan.

Brandy is reportedly trying to get her and her brother Ray-J on the show, and Greg Louganis also said he is interested in participating. I'm betting they have the cast picked, so if they aren't among them, I guess they can be in the rumor mill for season 10.

+ Reply to Thread