+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

If as some feel Shawn won because of her "image" well good for her. She is and has been a excellent role model for her peers and kudos to her parents for raising such a great role model.

I fail to see what is wrong with the "image" of a man who clearly adores his wife, his children, and his mother, who never has a bad word to say about anyone, and who has worked hard since early childhood.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3462450;
    If as some feel Shawn won because of her "image" well good for her. She is and has been a excellent role model for her peers and kudos to her parents for raising such a great role model.
    I'll agree Shawn has a good image for young teens and pre-teens to follow. Considering that Britney, Lindsey, Paris, and I'm even starting to wonder about sweet little Miley, are splashed all over the tabloids for being a train wreck and that are super thin, I'm glad there are people like Shawn around. The media should focus more on people like her, but I guess there wouldn't be any fun in that.

I sometimes look at winners of shows that are more like popularity contest where the audience can vote, and see sort of a trend in winners. Shawn's victory wasn't surprising, as I figured she had an advantage fanbase wise.

I found nothing wrong with the images of any in the final 3. Shawn had more name recognition, and a bigger fan base coming in - plus she very much grew into the dancing on the show - improvement, fans, name - all of this contributed to her winning. I would have been happy with any of the 3 winning (although I was hoping for Melissa)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3462710;
    I fail to see what is wrong with the "image" of a man who clearly adores his wife, his children, and his mother, who never has a bad word to say about anyone, and who has worked hard since early childhood.
    I think that was just speculation that some folks may believe that to be the case. I don't think there was anything wrong with the images of any of the final 3. I agree that Gilles is everything you said, and Melissa came across as being pretty squeaky clean as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3459380;
    Tom has mentioned before and on GMA this year that he always has a favorite. But would never tell who it is. I got the impression that it wasn't Shawn last night.
    I think Lil Kim was his favorite, per his remarks in the finale. He told her he thought she would be there in the finale. He also said something similar to her the week she left. That's just the impression I had.

OK, not having a TV for the last year and a half, I have to wait for these episodes to come out on Comcast.net, and enough time left at the end of the day to watch them. But YAY, very little in the way of commercials! I just don't get to vote.

After watching all season, I think Kim should have lasted much longer than Ty.

I didn't get much of a chance to log on here to see what the fan base was doing, but I agreed that the final three were the right ones, however, based on what I watched, I was just sure that Gilles would win.

I saw him as a true Latin Dancer compared to the Sweet Cheerleader.

Clearly I was wrong and the fans swayed the results (oK, so this is reality TV). And when I saw the results last night, I did do some yelling and screaming at the computer screen. It even woke up my SO, who was convinced that there was some sort of RL crisis going on! LOL
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread