+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3458895;
    How do I say this?
    It means that I've been lucky enough to have access to the ultimate "poll" for at least a month and have known the order of elimination, which I reported to a number of people who agreed to keep the information and the source confidential. I knew without question after last night's vote that Melissa was the first elimination tonight.
    Shawn and Gilles were very, very close but as of this afternoon Gilles was slightly ahead (in the fan vote). What happened after that, I will better understand tomorrow. At this point, I can only speculate that it has to do with the internal system of auditing and certifying the results.
    Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
    I may have just not heard it, but did they actually say tonight they had a firm who verified the results?

I am not doubting that they do, mind you ; what I am questioning is whether they actually announced it.

The show was great. I was happy to see Shawn win. I would have preferred Gilles and Cheryl as the winners but Gilles reaction to Shawn's name being called warmed my heart. It was fantastic that there was less than a 1% difference in the vote. Gilles has gone from being an unknown to some one we all want to see again.

Congratulations to all of the final three and thank you for a season of terrific entertainment.

Job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3458921;
    . . .

I wanted Tony to win but not Melissa (like her, but Gilles is better). I wanted Gilles to win but not Cheryl (like her, but she's won too many times and I would LOVE to see Tony take the title at least once.
    . . .
    This. (Bolding mine.)
    Mark's hand over his mouth, screaming like a middleschooler reaction was a little bit funny. Anyway, good for Shawn.
    Gilles and Melissa were gracious runners-up.
    For the first time, I was happy with the final 5 and would have been satisfied with a win for Lil Kim, or any of the final 3. (Loved Ty and was glad he got as far as he did, but went as far as he possibly could.)
    Well, on to next season. I do hope that Edyta, Kym, Chelsie (even Lacey) and Maks, Alec, Johnathan and Dmitry get good partners this time. They are due.

FORT Fogey

I don't like it on any show of this kind when the judges are blatantly biased and don't even try to hide the fact that they are trying to sway the viewers' opinions and therefore the vote in a certain direction. To me, the judges should critique and score as fairly as possible.

The judges made it obvious that they felt like Gilles should win the trophy tonight. Mark knew it as well which is why he reacted so much more amazed than Shawn when they were announced as the winners.

I'm sorry, but I am glad that the judges were set back in their places tonight. I hope that next season they will be less biased in their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3458178;
    Samantha's going to Broadway! Playing Roxie Hary in Chicago. It's probably too much to hope she'll find a new career on Broadway, leave DWTS and they get a replacement.

I've already watched the show and I'm just starting to read these messages and someone may have already discussed this on pages farther along... but it seems like Samantha is doing most of the talking tonight. TOO much of it. What's up with that?! Tom is so quick with the comebacks and is such a better interviewer that I'm really shocked to see him just stand there and let her do all the talking. Please: next season LESS Samantha.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the final 3 all have something to be proud of. Tony had a rough start to the season with Nancy having to bow out, but made it to the final 3 for the first time since season 2 and had a partner he didn't have to worry about breaking in half by looking at her. I'm hoping the judges comments were sincere in seeing a new side of him, and many message boards have the same type of comments. I sometimes think the show takes its pros for granted and doesn't give them the respect they deserve. So hopefully Tony doesn't go back to being the ladies man and getting the older women all the time (or the bubbly Broadway power voters). Gilles made a name for himself and was definitely a winner. Cheryl made it to the finals for the 4th time, more than any other pro, and has now finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Mark got his second victory (and I noticed Derek was jumping up and down on the stairs), and I think Shawn came out of her comfort zone and opened up. She's bound to have a successful future ahead of her. And Melissa got a raw TV deal on one show (or that's how the story goes) and turned it into something fun on another. When it came down to the final 5, I honestly don't think there were any surprises left. Whoever won it wouldn't have been a shock. The strongest dancers definitely made it the farthest and I hope next season is just as enjoyable (just please, get rid of the dance off!)

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3458951;
    I may have just not heard it, but did they actually say tonight they had a firm who verified the results?

I am not doubting that they do, mind you ; what I am questioning is whether they actually announced it.
    I have never heard them say it on the show, or read it in the press, but I know for a fact that they do.
    This function is "subcontracted" for a couple of reasons: because the network doesn't really have the technical expertise to accumulate and tally votes, and to create legal separation in the event of a challenge to the accuracy.
    Last edited by sdl; 05-20-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Wouldn't any show that has fan and judges voting have some sort of accounting firm counting the votes?

And could Tom have sounded any less enthusiastic about Shawn/Mark winning? The way he announces it it's like he's sending someone home. I hope he's not getting tired of this gig. I couldn't imagine him leaving and Samantha moving up to host
    Last edited by karalott; 05-20-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Didn't really like the final three, but I favor Shawn and Mel to win and not Gilles. Turned out Shawn won.

I wanted Melissa to win but was happy with Shawn. She was my 2nd choice.

Anyone of them deserved to win. Mark was soooo shocked. I was glad Chuck put Shawn on his shoulders cause that was kinda weird how only Mark was up there.

The Roast was great! Loved how he said it wasn't more like Dancing with WHO!??!

+ Reply to Thread