+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3456798;
    Last night did make me miss Lil Kim I'm sure there would've been a lot of bionic booty shaking in her freestyle routine, as well as few mistakes as she is known to make, but her and Derek probably would've been better then what we saw last night.
    Amen. The thing that was lacking for me last night in general was the choreography. Derek is just so good at it, I would have loved to see what he would have cooked up for Kim. Dang all those cowboy fans, LOL!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3456883;
    Amen. The thing that was lacking for me last night in general was the choreography. Derek is just so good at it, I would have loved to see what he would have cooked up for Kim. Dang all those cowboy fans, LOL!
    It's gotten to be less about choreography and more about tricks. I used to love the free style. Lately, not so much.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3456693;
    I personally think all Giles has going for him is what some see as sexy. I do not really think he is that great a dancer. Cheryl has done most of the dancing in all their routines and he has run his hands up and down all over her and made sexy moves. He is not my idea of sexy or handsome. I think he looks greasy and sleezy.
    I couldn't agree more!

I voted 3 votes for Shawn and 2 for Melissa. I just don't want Gilles to win - he rubs me the wrong way.

While none of the freestyles were over the top fantastic last night, I do agree that Shawn's was the best in terms of entertainment (to me) so I agree with her getting the best score of that round.

I gave up on DWTS this season. I think I was just burned out on it, which is odd because I love watching ballroom dancing! I ended up watching last night because there was nothing else on. It really only served to remind me how much I hate the lame music choices performed by their terrible live band. I also agree that the freestyles are always terrible. When they spend all season learning ballroom, they should not switch to a poorly performed hip-hop trick extravaganza for the finale! There should be some "freestyle ballroom" rules in place so that the dance can be based in ballroom without the stringent requirements they have throughout the main season.

At this point I cannot say I will be any more interested in watching next season. The bad music last night reminded me that I had to watch portions of it on mute anyway....

For a first time viewer of this show, last night's bad performances and overscorring were enough to make me uninterested in continuing with any other seasons.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I wasn't a big fan of any of the freestyles. I think they should just remove them. I was glad that CA and Bruno finally made a mention of Gilles doing next to nothing in his final dance. There is just no way that you can compare the technical difficulty involved in Shawn and Mel's dances with the lack of it in Gilles.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am really happy with the final 3, and was looking forward to last night but for me, it was a huge disappointment. I'm not a huge fan of the Paso, but I was really looking forward to the freestyles. As competitive as this season has been, I was really expecting great things. Sadly, I was mistaken. The only one that captured the fun element that these dances usually have, was Shawn's (Mark's) routine, but it was filled with so many misteps that I was expecting maybe all 8's - 10's for that were ridiculous given the number of obvious errors even my untrained eye could see. Melissa's was filled with so many tricks that it did not flow or match the music, but the tricks were executed well. I think it confirmed that Tony isn't the best choreographer, but I felt bad for him last night. The biggest disappointment for me was Gilles and Cheryl - there was very little dancing, and it did seem to underscore that most of what Gilles has done this season has been about looking good and taking on the character well - still, I was surprised at how little content there was and that it was downright boring. Still, it has been a great season and I think they've all done a great job overall - good luck to all 3 (6) of them.

FORT Fanatic

I stopped watching DWTS a couple of seasons ago. I tuned back in this season only to see how Melissa would do. I doubt I will watch again in the future unless they pull in a celebrity that I'm really interested in watching. The judges scoring makes no sense to me at all and I really hate the whole group/team dance thing they do now. For all the hype of this seasons finale, it was underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3456693;
    I too was disappointed with the dancing in last nights show. I do not think any of them danced very well. I personally think all Giles has going for him is what some see as sexy. I do not really think he is that great a dancer. Cheryl has done most of the dancing in all their routines and he has run his hands up and down all over her and made sexy moves. He is not my idea of sexy or handsome. I think he looks greasy and sleezy. Shawn and Mark have been good dancers but in most of them I have seen gymnastic type moves and I do not think they have been the best couple on the dance floor. I think overall that Melissa and Tony have been the best dancers of the three that are left. If you just compare the "stars" and take away the performance of the pros then Melissa, by far, has been the best.JMHO
    I feel the same way....I feel that Cheryl does all the dancing and although Gilles can shake his booty like the rest of them..I don't feel that he has to work as hard at dances (any guy for that matter) as the ladies do....half the time I am always looking at what the girl does instead of the guy because they are not the ones dancing the most, the ladies are. JMO

FORT Regular

This is Derek's view on the dancers. This is from his tweeter account.

What will the audience at home vote for. .. Everyone has there strengths . If people are voting from tonight I think shawn and mark won !

But Gille has been very consistant through out this competition ... And sometimes the audience make up there mind before the final.

Melissa is in an interesting position. There has been alot of drama from day one, which has made her an interesting contender. She is also a very good dancer. I think everyone deserves the title in there own way .. But there can only be one winner .. So who is it ?

+ Reply to Thread