+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3455384;
    Clearly they are pimping Shawn to win. They went first, and the circuits have been jammed from that instant. Then they grossly overscored a ragged routine.

I'm disgusted.
    I had trouble voting for Cheryl and Gilles tonight as well...it took me at least 3 times as long just to get 5 calls through.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3455379;
    I like that scenario.

I thought Shawn easily had the best Freestyle routine & that was because Mark Ballas & Derek Hough have the best brains for choreography of all the dancer's out there!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3455367;
    Maybe Melissa and Gilles were on pain killers and that threw them off? Oh well. I didn't see ONE perfect dance tonight.
    I agree that the injuries were a problem for Gilles for sure, possibly Melissa.
    I guess that is the good thing about being so young and athletic like Shawn! The only one still healthy enough to perform at a high level by the end!

FORT Fogey

Shawn didn't a 30 for her freestyle either. Granted it was fast but it wasn't perfect. All 3 have done better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3455408;
    I don't Maybe it's Shawn who "shockingly" goes out in third place but I doubt it. She's getting at least second, if not first. Hopefully I'm wrong but pre-season I thought Shawn would be the golden girl. Not only does she have a big fanbase at the moment along with name recognition from the Olympics, but she just seemed like the obvious one ABC would be pimping out. Plus, she's with Mark. But I'm just not a fan of his or the Hough's and they've won every season since season 4. I don't know what it is about those 3 but they can't be that popular that they always get the cream of the crop or else they have something over TPTB's heads . Seriously, it's like Dancing with the Triplets and then these other people that don't matter (people on another site refer to them as triplets since they're so close and were raised together for a good part of their life). I honestly won't miss those 3 when they go off and pursue music. Someone has started an ugly rumor Mark might dance with his real life girlfriend next season. Not that I believe it or think TPTB would stoop that low down the casting totem pole, but if they ever do, I'll take back every bad thing I ever said about Melissa.
    I agree about the Hough's and Mark. I really like Shawn, but I just don't think I want Mark to win again. I am ready for their contracts to be up and for them to move on along their merry way, and off my television screen!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Larel;3455418;
    I thought Shawn easily had the best Freestyle routine & that was because Mark Ballas & Derek Hough have the best brains for choreography of all the dancer's out there!
    I'd have to disagree. I thought it was a joke when Len referred to Brooke's freestyle as the best ever. Warren's was more entertaining, and there've been far better. I think Julianne tops Derek when it comes to freestyles.

The only good thing about Mark winning is he's bound to get a dud next season if he returns. But then there's Derek, who will probably get the ringer. After all, little sis Julianne will have two trophies and so wil BFF Mark. We certainly can't let Derek get away with having just one. So skip next season, hand him the trophy, see you in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3455446;
    I'd have to disagree. I thought it was a joke when Len referred to Brooke's freestyle as the best ever. Warren's was more entertaining, and there've been far better. I think Julianne tops Derek when it comes to freestyles.

The only good thing about Mark winning is he's bound to get a dud next season if he returns. But then there's Derek, who will probably get the ringer. After all, little sis Julianne will have two trophies and so wil BFF Mark. We certainly can't let Derek get away with having just one. So skip next season, hand him the trophy, see you in the spring.
    Best freestyles: Drew & Cheryl's and Julianne & Apolo's.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Gilles freestyle might have cost him. Cheryl still is heads above everyone else, but I'm surprised at her for taking that route. Even with Cristian's injury she did better. Dance wise, if you compare all season long, Gilles wins. But the finale it's like looking at these couples for the first time and that can make all the difference. Gilles won the paso, imo no one won the freestyle but the judges say Shawn did.

Best freestyles: Drew & Cheryl's and Julianne & Apolo's.
    I agree with that
    Last edited by karalott; 05-18-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Agreed. Best freestyles were Drew/Cheryl and Julianne/Apollo. Worst TWO ever: MARIE AND JONATHON and Stacy and Tony(that disco was BORRRINGGGG).

Freestyle that I'm pretty sure cost them the title: Mel and Maks (still bitter)

I still want Gilles to win though, cause it not like anybody really stood out tonight.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863;3455406;
    I wouldn't count Melissa out she has a strong fan base!!!
    I still think she'll win.

I thought Melissa and Tony's freestyle was horrible.
    They didn't seem to be in sync and considering there were so many cheerleader-esque moves I was surprised that Tony seemed to be executing them better than Melissa.
    Their routine is the only freestyle I've had a chance to see at all so far, and I really didn't like it at all.
    I've only quickly looked at the Paso and didn't like their segment of it either.
    Tony looked like he had to "Lucci" Melissa into place at one point, although I might see that differently when I watch again.

From what I've seen so, inbetween switching back and forth from the hockey this was not a particularly great night.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread