+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Since we are going with social castoffs, how about "Screech" from Saved By The Bell. Or Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family. Oh, David Cassidy. Mom says he was dreamy.

Danny Bonaduce has the WORST personality! I'd hate to see him on this show. He's liable to jump across the platform and clobber poor Len the second he says anything negative. Remember what he did to that Puck .. Puke?... character during that awards show?

I love Screech! Hey, speaking about Saved by the Bell. What about the girl, Lark something or other?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3425600;
    Harmony, when you mentioned Nancy Kerrigan, you made me think about how much I've been seeing Tanya Harding on TV lately. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see her on DWTS one season....not that I want to watch (I'm not a big fan).
    I've seen her on TruTv's World's Dumbest as one of the commentators (along with some other social misfits, Todd Bridges, Leif Garrett, Gary Busey, and Danny). See, that's what I mean when I say DWTS could do a special edition based on jailbirds, newsmakers (for the wrong reasons obviously ) and scandals alone.

And from Saved By the Bell, I'd go with Mark Paul Gosslear. Forget Slater, Zach was my man on that show And please, no Dustin Diamond. The guy is a freak anymore. Hey, speaking of Florence Henderson (and no, I don't want to see her) why not Barry Williams, Susan Olsen, or Christopher Knight? I don't care much for Maureen McCormick so she can join Flo in the audience. And for a reality star, Chris Knight's wife Adrienne Curry is kind a of a big name.

i saw an interview once with either kelly monaco or john o'hurley stating how abc really had a hard time casting the first season. no one wanted to be the first to sign on. now, they're beating them off with a stick. many campaign in the press...but they have no shortage of contestants to draw on.

a couple of years ago, someone posted the 'casting guidelines' on the smoking gun. they also had an outline of the audition process. i know that brooke hogan has actually gotten to the physical audition (they 'vet' the celebs on several levels before the audition) and since she didn't make it, i'm not sure what her chances are for making it again. florence henderson has practically gotten on her knees and begged to be in the show but she's never even made it to the actual audition. donny osmond came out and said he was going to be on (a HUGE no-no as abc closely guards the celeb list and releases it their own way) then he said it was going to be the next season (season 9). if he doesn't make it on the show for the next season, unless its an injury that keeps his out, i will have to assume that he's out for busting the secret (and he did it on a syndicated show, not an abc show).
    I heard that as well, which is probably why DWTS has changed so much because everyone saw what it can do for your career and at the very least puts you back in the spotlight. Which is why I find the whole Melissa Joan Hart thing comical Even ABC was shocked at it's success. For the first season, I actually thought they got a pretty good group. I haven't seen Florence Henderson in the audience in a couple of seasons, and she was always a key figure, so maybe she's joined Melissa in a boycott. Thanks for the info on the auditions, it's been brought up before, but I never knew the process, just that they happened. I wonder if they had any trouble recruiting pros for the first season.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-27-2009 at 01:48 PM.

I'll second Cal Ripken and Sean Connery.

How about some of those professional poker players, maybe Dan Negreanu or Antonio Esfandiari?

Heh, Gloria Estafan. She'd be great!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Hast anyone mentioned Kevin Bacon? I just rented the movie, Rails and Ties and watched it last night, which brought Kevin to mind. I think he's an enormously talented actor and it might be fun to see him dance so many years after Footloose.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Carol Burnett
    Cyndi Lauper
    Rick Schroder
    William Shatner
    Neil Patrick Harris
    Meg Tilly (remember her?)
    Seth Green
    Seth McFarland
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Pee Wee Herman

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3425634;
    Danny Bonaduce has the WORST personality! I'd hate to see him on this show. He's liable to jump across the platform and clobber poor Len the second he says anything negative. Remember what he did to that Puck .. Puke?... character during that awards show?
    I love Danny Bonaduce. When he's not drugged up he's funnier than all getout.

The run-in was with Johnny Fairplay, not Puck. And it was Johnny Fairplay's fault.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3425711;
    I'll second Cal Ripken and Sean Connery.

How about some of those professional poker players, maybe Dan Negreanu or Antonio Esfandiari?
    I wouldn't want to see Daniel or Antonio dance...I'd go for a couples showdown (Jennifer Tilly/Phil Laak), or maybe some others-Evelyn Ng, Phil Ivey, or best yet, Phil Hellmuth. Apparently the rumour was that Phil was on a season of The Surreal Life that never made it to air, and he talked during the 2007 WSOP (I think) about how he was on a reality show and he couldn't wear his hat or sunglasses. Not to mention when you are talking about poker players, Phil Hellmuth is one of, if not the, most well-known, and not just due to his 11 bracelets (tantrums, grand entrances, you name it). They would have to get a fairly well-known poker player though, and I doubt that many of them could pass the physical.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey

from sports, i'd like to see mark messier. he would probably be good.

OMG...I would never erase the tape. And I'll also order one Derek Jeter, please. ah dreams dreams, hold fast to dreams!

+ Reply to Thread