+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fan

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

I'm one of the few who would love to see Donny on the show

FORT Regular

OH! OH! OH! I think they should get.... Shania Twain!! She got hurt, humiliated and needs some DWTS therapy! I would love to see her dance!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3425439;
    I would like Soleil, but if they got her, wouldn't that be a bigger burn to Melissa Joan Hart? They would be getting her co-star over her.

Tara's a good one. She would definitely go on it. Yes, she does have her own MTV show that focuses on reforming out-of-control girls. But it pretty much failed, seeing as how MTV moved its timeslot from primetime to early afternoons on the weekends.

Vanessa should stick with Ugly Betty.

I agree that if a celeb wants to go on the show, they should still have a chance no matter how big (or small) they are. But Jessica Simpson... who doesn't know who she is? I mean, they got Lil Kim on the show, who is very well-known. But Jessica is in the leagues of Beyonce in terms of how well-known she is (speaking of Beyonce, how about her sister Solange for the show?). And not to mention that she probably has experience with choreography as pop stars have to learn many dances when they go on tour. She would be a shoe-in to win.

I think our pageant girls haven't done well because they all have been pretty robotic. I love Shandi (she has been the best Miss USA in recent years IMO), but she wasn't that graceful. And Shana Moakler... I remember her being okay at dancing, but she just isn't that well liked.

No comment on Brooke, kara?
    I commented on her I don't know much about Brooke other than all of the tabloid stuff her family winds up in the press for. But I think her brother is a self centered egotistical slime, her mom is something I probably can't say on this forum, and her dad is an egotistical nut. And I don't know if she's on good terms with any of them since her parents split and her dad saying her understands O.J., but I don't care to see them in the audience every week. Not that I'd expect her to last long. Really, I'm most like to see stars that don't give a crap about the show and just want to try and further their career or extend their 15 minutes and media opporunities. I believe some of them actually care about and put the show first.

I'm sure fan base probably had something to do with the other beauty queens not lasting long. Jennifer Hawkins (the Miss Universe from Australia) is extremely popular in her country and I think is involved in the spotlight. Lorraine Downes who won the New Zealand version and is a former Miss Universe from there also I think does work in the media. Even though Shandi and Shanna were in the spotlight, I don't think it was to that extent. But I do wish Shandi could have lasted longer. A lot of people didn't seem to warm up to her partner, either, and he was a newbie, so obviously that didn't help. Apparently he's on SCD and very popular over there. So good for him. There are some former titleholders that might be a bigger name and have more of a fan base. Vanessa Minnillo, who co-hosted a reality show on ABC and used to anchor ET, TRL (I think it was TRL), and actress Ali Landry, who's currently a contestant on the new reality show for ABC that Maks is going to be on. Another ex of Mario's, too. Shelly Hennig, a former Miss Teen USA, is or was on Days of Our Lives.

I'd actually find it quite comical if Soleil got picked before Melissa, but if they asked and Melissa is stubborn and turns it down then I think it's only fair if Soleil gets picked. And speaking of Shandi, since she co-hosts a game show, it got me thinking of some other game show personalities. Vanna White? Howie Mandel? Drew Carey?

OH! OH! OH! I think they should get.... Shania Twain!! She got hurt, humiliated and needs some DWTS therapy! I would love to see her dance!
    That's another good one

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3425448;
    I commented on her I don't know much about Brooke other than all of the tabloid stuff her family winds up in the press for. But I think her brother is a self centered egotistical slime, her mom is something I probably can't say on this forum, and her dad is an egotistical nut. And I don't know if she's on good terms with any of them since her parents split and her dad saying her understands O.J., but I don't care to see them in the audience every week. Not that I'd expect her to last long. Really, I'm most like to see stars that don't give a crap about the show and just want to try and further their career or extend their 15 minutes and media opporunities. I believe some of them actually care about and put the show first.

I'm sure fan base probably had something to do with the other beauty queens not lasting long. Jennifer Hawkins (the Miss Universe from Australia) is extremely popular in her country and I think is involved in the spotlight. Lorraine Downes who won the New Zealand version and is a former Miss Universe from there also I think does work in the media. Even though Shandi and Shanna were in the spotlight, I don't think it was to that extent. But I do wish Shandi could have lasted longer. A lot of people didn't seem to warm up to her partner, either, and he was a newbie, so obviously that didn't help. Apparently he's on SCD and very popular over there. So good for him. There are some former titleholders that might be a bigger name and have more of a fan base. Vanessa Minnillo, who co-hosted a reality show on ABC and used to anchor ET, TRL (I think it was TRL), and actress Ali Landry, who's currently a contestant on the new reality show for ABC that Maks is going to be on. Another ex of Mario's, too. Shelly Hennig, a former Miss Teen USA, is or was on Days of Our Lives.

I'd actually find it quite comical if Soleil got picked before Melissa, but if they asked and Melissa is stubborn and turns it down then I think it's only fair if Soleil gets picked. And speaking of Shandi, since she co-hosts a game show, it got me thinking of some other game show personalities. Vanna White? Howie Mandel? Drew Carey?
    lol, sorry, I skimmed over that your sentence about Brooke. I watched her show on VH1, and she just seemed like a young girl who just wanted to live a normal life, even with her parents divorcing (and both of them subsequently dating people who are way younger) and her brother getting jailed. Like I said, she's practically the only sane one left. Yeah, she did have a few wild house parties (although I remember them being more her roommates' idea than her own), but what person in the early 20s doesn't like to have fun? She does really want to make it to the big time, but I truly believe that she would commit herself 100% to the show. She seems like a person who would be eternally grateful to even be chosen for a show like DwtS. I remember watching her freaking out when she first heard her song over the radio. If she gets excited over that, just imagine how she'd react to getting chosen for the show.

Ali Landry would be a good choice as she has made a bigger name for herself than other pageant girls. But I've grown to dislike Vanessa Minnillo. I used to be such a huge fan of her's, but then those pictures of her and Nick Lachey came out. Let me just say that they were very revealing. And then she hosted True Beauty, which was a trainwreck and I didn't really like her hosting abilities. If she went on the show, then I'd deal with it. But there are people I'd like to see more than her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I know this isn't possible, due to schedule and different networks but I think Jillian and Bob from TBL would be awesome!!!!

from sports, i'd like to see mark messier. he would probably be good.

i saw an interview once with either kelly monaco or john o'hurley stating how abc really had a hard time casting the first season. no one wanted to be the first to sign on. now, they're beating them off with a stick. many campaign in the press...but they have no shortage of contestants to draw on.

a couple of years ago, someone posted the 'casting guidelines' on the smoking gun. they also had an outline of the audition process. i know that brooke hogan has actually gotten to the physical audition (they 'vet' the celebs on several levels before the audition) and since she didn't make it, i'm not sure what her chances are for making it again. florence henderson has practically gotten on her knees and begged to be in the show but she's never even made it to the actual audition. donny osmond came out and said he was going to be on (a HUGE no-no as abc closely guards the celeb list and releases it their own way) then he said it was going to be the next season (season 9). if he doesn't make it on the show for the next season, unless its an injury that keeps his out, i will have to assume that he's out for busting the secret (and he did it on a syndicated show, not an abc show).

this show really does seem to be successful in the sense that if you can make it to mid-season, you will practically be a household name (either again or for the first time). american idol, with all it's ratings and such, isn't really writing major success stories each season. it's record isn't as bad as the various bachelor series but pretty close. i think i can count of one hand the number of people that parlayed AI into something big (and at least one of them didn't even win).

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Sean Connery

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3425372;
    Lawsy, if she's 69, Mick Jagger must be 75 , and he's still going strong too. We could always ask for him. I bet he would bring a boatload of attitude. Can you imagine him facing the judges?
    He will be 66 in July-- no, I can't imagine him being on DWTS, ever--can't make my mind even go there! Although he would probably be fun.

OH--and instead of Brooke Hogan--how about Hulk instead??
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've been trying to think of who hasn't been doing much lately and I'd love to see on here...

Melissa Joan Hart - cause I love her and no other reason lol
    Brenda Song - for your Disney Star... we didn't have one this season (she's on that Suite Life show)
    Nancy Kerrigan - for your former ice skating star .. can double as your Olympic champ

If we are going with another NFL retired player, then I say make it a running back because they tend to be lighter on their feet than the line men. Other than that? I really don't have a name to toss into this spot, just a position lol.

And that's all I got for now... oh wait.. one more!

Rick Springfield - because he's just sort of awesome.

Harmony, when you mentioned Nancy Kerrigan, you made me think about how much I've been seeing Tanya Harding on TV lately. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see her on DWTS one season....not that I want to watch (I'm not a big fan).
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

+ Reply to Thread