+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Tina Turner - I bet even in her 60s those famous legs would be close to the top of the leader board for weeks on end. I saw a picture of her a couple of weeks ago and she is still performing.

If we're adding an older rocker, I'd like to see Rod Stewart.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Newbie

Count me in as another who would like to see Troy Aikman on the show. He has a great personality and is handsome. I don't know if he would actually do it though because he is very involved with being a football analyst, raising a family, etc, but he would be a great casting for DWTS.
    I love Brett Favre and am a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan, but I read an article a couple months ago where Brett said he wasn't interested in improving his dancing skills in reference to an opportunity with DWTS.

I've been holding out for Melissa Joan Hart for quite some time now. I would really like to see her on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3424819;
    DWTS could devote many seasons to the scandalous headline makers who are still milking their expired 15 seconds of fame. Then Donny Osmond, Brooke Hogan, Jessica Simpson, and Emily Blunt who are mentioned they're game to do it.
    Yes, DwtS LOVES their controversial ones. I'm expecting Lauren Caitlin Upton (Miss Teen SC 2007) and Carrie Prejean (Miss California USA 2009) because not only have they made their fair share of headlines, they would fit the "beauty queen" role. (Is it sad that I didn't even have to do a Google Search on their names? I knew them at the top of my head ).

And yes to Brooke Hogan! I've always felt bad for Brooke with her family troubles. She's practically the only sane Hogan left. I like Emily, but she's a rising actress. She doesn't need the show to make a name for herself. She has already been billed as a "scene stealer." Jessica Simpson is WAY too big of a name, no matter how unsuccessful she is at selling albums. And Donny... I don't know, I guess I could deal with him. He isn't on the top of my list though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mindy~;3424825;
    Phoebe from Friends? She would be funny!
    Heck yeah! I Lisa Kudrow. She is still a respected actress, but I haven't seen much from her lately, minus those Nintendo DS commercials.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3424772;
    I'd take Jeff if I couldn't get Phil for a reality show slot. And I'd love to see Anderson Cooper.
    Ahh, to watch Anderson Cooper shake his booty during the Latin dances. My heart would be racing because I would be laughing so hard. He might pull off a decent waltz, though...then my heart would pitter pat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3425050;
    Tina Turner - I bet even in her 60s those famous legs would be close to the top of the leader board for weeks on end. I saw a picture of her a couple of weeks ago and she is still performing.
    Bloomers, can you believe Tina turns 69 this year?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

oh

Jon Stewart from the Daily Show

Keith Olberman

Jeff Gordon humma humma

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425316;
    Bloomers, can you believe Tina turns 69 this year?

Lawsy, if she's 69, Mick Jagger must be 75 , and he's still going strong too. We could always ask for him. I bet he would bring a boatload of attitude. Can you imagine him facing the judges?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3425151;
    I've been holding out for Melissa Joan Hart for quite some time now. I would really like to see her on the show.

Yes, DwtS LOVES their controversial ones. I'm expecting Lauren Caitlin Upton (Miss Teen SC 2007) and Carrie Prejean (Miss California USA 2009) because not only have they made their fair share of headlines, they would fit the "beauty queen" role. (Is it sad that I didn't even have to do a Google Search on their names? I knew them at the top of my head ).

And yes to Brooke Hogan! I've always felt bad for Brooke with her family troubles. She's practically the only sane Hogan left. I like Emily, but she's a rising actress. She doesn't need the show to make a name for herself. She has already been billed as a "scene stealer." Jessica Simpson is WAY too big of a name, no matter how unsuccessful she is at selling albums. And Donny... I don't know, I guess I could deal with him. He isn't on the top of my list though.

Heck yeah! I Lisa Kudrow. She is still a respected actress, but I haven't seen much from her lately, minus those Nintendo DS commercials.
    I read last season Melissa Joan Hart apparently is boycotting the show. She was asked to be on the first season, but declined, however she's been trying to get on ever since. It was also rumored she was selected for season 4 but then bumped for Heather Mills instead (and if that's true I certainly couldn't blame her for being upset). She claims she finally gave up and didn't even care to watch it. However, I still wouldn't be surprised if they cast her at some point. I'd like to see her former Sabrina co-star Soleil Moon Frye. Seeing Carrie Prejean on the show might make it interesting, considering Bruno is gay and they're bound to show that footage of her. Too bad that didn't come along a few weeks later, or she might have taken Jewel or Nancy's spot They could always go for Tara Connor, Miss USA 2006, who apparently hosted a reality show on MTV trying to turn trainwrecks into ladies and is another blonde aspiring country singer. Or the original beauty queen of scandals Vanessa Williams. I'd probably give a big no to Brooke. If they're going to cast a reality star I'd rather see one that has some staying power. Plus, I just don't care for the girl. I don't think I could stand seeing any of her family in the audience every week.

Considering Jessica Simpson wants to do the show I wouldn't rule her out just because her star status is bigger than most. I see what you're saying, but they really mean it that they want to do it I don't see why not. I think I could tolerate Donny a lot better if he danced before Marie but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This could also be a ploy to just his name out there, too. Emily Blunt also mentioned she'd love to do either DWTS or SCD. I wonder how our "stars" compare to the international celebs. I know the former beauty queens on here haven't done well but two former Miss Universe's won the Australian and New Zealand versions of DWTS. Speaking of Lisa Kudrow, I ran across one of those write ups that mentioned former huge breakout TV and film stars that are basically no longer gracing the camera like they once did. I can't remember half the names on the list, which is probably obvious, but they had the entire cast of Friends minus Jennifer and Courtney. Whatever became of Matt LeBlanc?

And how about Stephen Colbert?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3425386;
    I read last season Melissa Joan Hart apparently is boycotting the show. She was asked to be on the first season, but declined, however she's been trying to get on ever since. It was also rumored she was selected for season 4 but then bumped for Heather Mills instead (and if that's true I certainly couldn't blame her for being upset). She claims she finally gave up and didn't even care to watch it. However, I still wouldn't be surprised if they cast her at some point. I'd like to see her former Sabrina co-star Soleil Moon Frye. Seeing Carrie Prejean on the show might make it interesting, considering Bruno is gay and they're bound to show that footage of her. Too bad that didn't come along a few weeks later, or she might have taken Jewel or Nancy's spot They could always go for Tara Connor, Miss USA 2006, who apparently hosted a reality show on MTV trying to turn trainwrecks into ladies and is another blonde aspiring country singer. Or the original beauty queen of scandals Vanessa Williams. I'd probably give a big no to Brooke. If they're going to cast a reality star I'd rather see one that has some staying power. Plus, I just don't care for the girl. I don't think I could stand seeing any of her family in the audience every week.

Considering Jessica Simpson wants to do the show I wouldn't rule her out just because her star status is bigger than most. I see what you're saying, but they really mean it that they want to do it I don't see why not. I think I could tolerate Donny a lot better if he danced before Marie but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This could also be a ploy to just his name out there, too. Emily Blunt also mentioned she'd love to do either DWTS or SCD. I wonder how our "stars" compare to the international celebs. I know the former beauty queens on here haven't done well but two former Miss Universe's won the Australian and New Zealand versions of DWTS. Speaking of Lisa Kudrow, I ran across one of those write ups that mentioned former huge breakout TV and film stars that are basically no longer gracing the camera like they once did. I can't remember half the names on the list, which is probably obvious, but they had the entire cast of Friends minus Jennifer and Courtney. Whatever became of Matt LeBlanc?

And how about Stephen Colbert?
    I would like Soleil, but if they got her, wouldn't that be a bigger burn to Melissa Joan Hart? They would be getting her co-star over her.

Tara's a good one. She would definitely go on it. Yes, she does have her own MTV show that focuses on reforming out-of-control girls. But it pretty much failed, seeing as how MTV moved its timeslot from primetime to early afternoons on the weekends.

Vanessa should stick with Ugly Betty.

I agree that if a celeb wants to go on the show, they should still have a chance no matter how big (or small) they are. But Jessica Simpson... who doesn't know who she is? I mean, they got Lil Kim on the show, who is very well-known. But Jessica is in the leagues of Beyonce in terms of how well-known she is (speaking of Beyonce, how about her sister Solange for the show?). And not to mention that she probably has experience with choreography as pop stars have to learn many dances when they go on tour. She would be a shoe-in to win.

I think our pageant girls haven't done well because they all have been pretty robotic. I love Shandi (she has been the best Miss USA in recent years IMO), but she wasn't that graceful. And Shana Moakler... I remember her being okay at dancing, but she just isn't that well liked.

No comment on Brooke, kara?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread