+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fan

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3441544;
    Oooh, I completely forgot about Brad Sherwood from Whose Line.
    I always thought he was the funniest "almost permanent" guest star and one of the few who could keep up with Wayne Brady in the sing-a-longs.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've been thinking, with the talk about how bad the band has gotten over the season, it makes me really wish they'd have Simon Cowell on. I don't think he'd hold back

Debbie Gibson has said she'd love to do the show. I think once she said she had no interest, but apparently she's changed her mind. Even though he'd majorly fall into the ringer category, I'd love to see Tony Danza do the show. Besides the TB/TBette cast offs and those with their own reality shows that got famous that way, I wonder if TPTB are big on casting other reality show has beens

realityfan778: I think you have a winner of a suggestion with Jennifer Garner. I don't know if I like her acting or just the fact that she seems so 'real' in a Hollywood setting --genuinely nice person, good wife, good mom, etc. I bet I'd be pulling for her if she went on.

karalott: I laughed so hard at your Simon vs. the band comment! That would be awesome.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3441639;
    I've been thinking, with the talk about how bad the band has gotten over the season, it makes me really wish they'd have Simon Cowell on. I don't think he'd hold back

Debbie Gibson has said she'd love to do the show. I think once she said she had no interest, but apparently she's changed her mind. Even though he'd majorly fall into the ringer category, I'd love to see Tony Danza do the show. Besides the TB/TBette cast offs and those with their own reality shows that got famous that way, I wonder if TPTB are big on casting other reality show has beens
    I love Tony Danza too. Speaking of other reality shows, there are a lot of colorful Survivor cast offs that would be really fun to see - unfortunately its the wrong network.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3441814;
    I love Tony Danza too. Speaking of other reality shows, there are a lot of colorful Survivor cast offs that would be really fun to see - unfortunately its the wrong network.
    But Tony Danza is a song and dance man. He's even done Chicago on Broadway. So,even I would have an issue there with Ringer.
    Someone earlier mentioned Janice Dickenson. I would turn in just to wait for the inevitable. I would like to see some taller athletic females, such as Mia Hamm, or Jennie Finch from softball. Then, there'd be no problem with Mayo!

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3442052;
    I would like to see some taller athletic females, such as Mia Hamm, or Jennie Finch from softball. Then, there'd be no problem with Mayo!
    Don't know about Jennie Finch, but Mia Hamm is five foot five.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3442058;
    Don't know about Jennie Finch, but Mia Hamm is five foot five.
    you are right...she plays tall, as they say. It's Brandi who is 5 -7. Jenni is 6 foot. My real point is 6-3 is not so out of line, it's just on the up side.

Mark is 5'8 or so, maybe 5'7. Shawn is 4'10. That 9 inches. Derek is 5'10, Kim is 5 foot on a good day. That is at least 9 inches. So, if Mayo is 6'3", then a woman 5-6 or taller should work about the same. And lots of women celebrities qualify. So, height should not be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3441639;

I thought at one time, the producers really frowned on casting reality show "celebs", then they made an exception last season for Kim Kardashian, and this year I think they only did because Holly and Melissa were all that was available on extremely short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3442052;
    But Tony Danza is a song and dance man. He's even done Chicago on Broadway. So,even I would have an issue there with Ringer.
    Someone earlier mentioned Janice Dickenson. I would turn in just to wait for the inevitable. I would like to see some taller athletic females, such as Mia Hamm, or Jennie Finch from softball. Then, there'd be no problem with Mayo!
    Well, that Marissa??? girl did Hair Spray on Broadway, so there is precedent there. Tony Danza is just so likeable. He started out in life as a boxer, so I guess he got some of his footwork from that.

As for whoever facetiously suggested Annie Duke, I think she'd be fun to watch, but she probably wouldn't do it. I'd love to see Kevin Bacon do it.

No Survivor or Amazing Race nor any of the housewives, bachelors, or bachelorettes, nor any of the idiots from the let-me-show-how-much-of-a-numbskull-I-really-am shows,r ex-wives/husbands who are famous for being only that. I want actors, sports celebrities (category includes poker players), successful and non-corrupt business people, announcers, comedians, and the like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3442198;

No Survivor or Amazing Race nor any of the housewives, bachelors, or bachelorettes, nor any of the idiots from the let-me-show-how-much-of-a-numbskull-I-really-am shows,r ex-wives/husbands who are famous for being only that.
    Amen to that-- I think they should draw the line after this season, unless they absolutely can't get anyone else. I really like the mix that has been on this show, even this year, but I'd really rather see NO reality contestants.
    BUT, since we agreed that the hosts of these shows are fair to have--why not have one that really is known for something besides hosting a show as well. I can't take credit for thinking of it alone, but when someone mentioned Janice Dickinson, I immediately thought--NO--get Tyra Banks on--she might be good at learning the dances, and would probably be really funny at the judging. She's already used to wearing the crazy costumes most weeks. Along the same line, what about RuPaul? One's as good as the other.
    What if they could get the Governator, after his term expires? What about David Blaine?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread