+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

I really hope they dont hire Afton, Genya and all the other eliminated contestants--that is just like slapping the people who took the time to vote in their contest right in the face (sure, you spent time voting for a winner and didn't pick these folks but they got a spot anyway!).

I could, however, understand them giving the top male and female a postion (but they should have said that at the beginning if it was a possibility).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3447796;
    I really hope they dont hire Afton, Genya and all the other eliminated contestants--that is just like slapping the people who took the time to vote in their contest right in the face (sure, you spent time voting for a winner and didn't pick these folks but they got a spot anyway!).

I could, however, understand them giving the top male and female a postion (but they should have said that at the beginning if it was a possibility).
    I can totally see ABC doing that, but I agree with your thoughts. If they tried doing this contest again it would seem pointless to vote. It's more a slap in the face to Anna or Mayo, because it's like saying ABC didn't want them so they'll put on who they do want. It might not happen, as that would mean getting rid of some pros already on the show. I don't see any of them going anywhere willingly, unless they go back to competing, one of the girls get pregnant, or Maks/Karina decide to elope. But if Derek and Mark leave, then that'll leave two male spots open. Should Anna win this, she'll be taking Julianne's spot. If they don't want Mayo they might go with Genya. But I'll say it again, give me former DWTS pros before bringing anyone new aboard. At least Alec, Anna T., and Fabian.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3447798;
    I can totally see ABC doing that, but I agree with your thoughts. If they tried doing this contest again it would seem pointless to vote. It's more a slap in the face to Anna or Mayo, because it's like saying ABC didn't want them so they'll put on who they do want. It might not happen, as that would mean getting rid of some pros already on the show. I don't see any of them going anywhere willingly, unless they go back to competing, one of the girls get pregnant, or Maks/Karina decide to elope. But if Derek and Mark leave, then that'll leave two male spots open. Should Anna win this, she'll be taking Julianne's spot. If they don't want Mayo they might go with Genya. But I'll say it again, give me former DWTS pros before bringing anyone new aboard. At least Alec, Anna T., and Fabian.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Mayo 'wins' and they add him as a pro. Then, uh-oh!, Julianne leaves so they hire the runner-up as her replacement. Then they get Mayo and Anna (a replacement and expand the cast). Wasn't someone talking about DWTS looking to add more contestants?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm thrilled Anna won this competition, since my other 3 favorites got knocked out first. And the other two I didn't like so it was her or nothing I think she's been wonderful from what little we've seen so far and I can't wait to see what she brings to the show. However, if they decide to bring any other pro from this contest on, I hope she doesn't get bumped to the side and forgotten about. She did win after all.

And I felt sorry for Mayo tonight. It was more like a kick in the pants for his send off. They would have been better off just having Anna come out and perform her quick step with Maks to reveal she was the winner.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3445747;
    I am not bunned at all. I hope Mayo takes the win. Or that both of them join and dance as a tandem when required. He's the best of the dancers out there, bar none. He's the only one who is still competing, he has won championships, and he started much later which means it's natural abiltiy. So he is tall. And lean. Seems a certain french man is causing many on these boards to ignore his height and not see it as a problem. Mayo is less than one inch taller than Gilles. So, if Gilles can dance with Cheryl, Mayo could. And Kim, and Edyta...and many many other women out there who aren't 5 foot rappers or 4'11" olympic gymnasts. And, on the male side we don't just need smoldering short muscular guys. variety is the spice...
    Sorry, but I don't agree. I think both Mayo and Anna are too tall to be well matched, but do agree that Mayo would be easier to match than Anna. Unfortunately, Anna is a better choreographer and teacher than Mayo IMO. Mayo just looks too frail to me. It isn't his height as much as his build that puts me off. He looks kind of like a praying mantis. Gilles, while only 1" shorter, looks much more compact because he is much much better built! Plus, Mayo is kind of soft and effete acting. I like the more masculine types like the rest of the male pros.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3459415;
    Sorry, but I don't agree. I think both Mayo and Anna are too tall to be well matched, but do agree that Mayo would be easier to match than Anna. Unfortunately, Anna is a better choreographer and teacher than Mayo IMO. Mayo just looks too frail to me. It isn't his height as much as his build that puts me off. He looks kind of like a praying mantis. Gilles, while only 1" shorter, looks much more compact because he is much much better built! Plus, Mayo is kind of soft and effete acting. I like the more masculine types like the rest of the male pros.
    I don't think finding a match for Anna will be difficult. Every season they have a couple of tall male stars. This year, she would have been a better physical match for either Lawrence or Gilles than Edyta or Cheryl were.

I think Anna is very pretty. Lovely figure, she should be an asset to the pro team. Wish her well.

FORT Regular

One season I would like for them to bring back all the one's who were in the finals but didn't win. I think that would be a great show! All of them have ballroom experience. Or have all the winners come back and compete against each other.

FORT Regular

I didn't like either one. But Anna is very pretty and she looked good dancing with Maks.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3465870;
    I didn't like either one. But Anna is very pretty and she looked good dancing with Maks.
    She is very pretty girl. But I think Maks would make anyone look good! His is a terrific dancer.

+ Reply to Thread