+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Last nights elimination just reminded me how much fan vote counts vs. dancing talent on this show. I love Woz but I hate it when the bad dancers overstay their welcome. He should be gone next week. I was glad Holly gets to stay another week.

Does anybody know how the dance-off and the double elimination will work next week? I guess 3 or 4 couples would have to be in the dance-off??

Also, the Lindy Hop looks awfully similar to the Jive. Is that dance replacing the Jive this season?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3392392;
    Does anyone else think Maks intentionally threw the competition? It seemed as if he not only choreographed the dances to make her look bad, but there was one part in this week's dance where he was doing turns while hugging her and bending over backwards so much he almost lifted her off the floor. It seemed quite out of character for him.
    That thought crossed my mind, especially that dance off last night. That seemed worse than before, and I don't remember him hugging her in the original routine I was waiting for him to get out and break dance and leave Denise wondering what he was doing. Maks really didn't seem like he wanted to be there, at least with her. The chemistry with him and Denise was just off. However, I have to agree I don't think Maks would throw it. Denise did enough of a bad job to justify being booted without him throwing it. And his fans must have taken pity on him and not voted for him.

I seem to sense a lack of empathy this season. The pros all seem bored except Tony. Maybe they know something we don't. If the winner is already decided, then there is no reason to even try, just go through the paces for the season. I noticed that most with Derek because he is a great choreographer and he did not come up with much for Lil'Kim. He normally is demanding and tries for perfection from his partner. With the others as well. Cheryl is giving her all and is really working it because I feel she realizes, she can upset the cart. With CA's comments monday nite, it was like she was telling Tony to really come up with something. Maybe the judges are meant to score them high, but Tony will have to produce more to enable them to give high score.

The fun atmosphere backstage with the pros seem to be absent this season.
    I noticed this, and thought the same last season as well. Pretty much all of the pros (minus Julianne, the newbies and Tony) came off tour and literally had to start rehearsing with their new partners so I'm sure that was exhausting. Maybe 2 shows a year is getting to be too much for everyone, because even the judges seem miserable. The pros know how this show works by now, so most of them probably know popularity wise they don't stand a chance at winning. I'm sure that has to put a damper on things when it outcome seems obvious.

Does anybody know how the dance-off and the double elimination will work next week? I guess 3 or 4 couples would have to be in the dance-off??

Also, the Lindy Hop looks awfully similar to the Jive. Is that dance replacing the Jive this season?
    I don't know if they'll do a dance off with a double elimination. I can't see how it'll work, unless they do have 4 couples do it. And I'm guessing the lindy hop will probably replace the jive. I doubt they're getting rid of the paso doble or rumba and we still have those dances to go, and usually week 6 is when they start doing dances already completed.

I was sorry to see Denise go. It's obvious she is not a good dancer, but she really tried hard. It looked to me like Maks sabotaged her dancing. The dance off is just pathetic, as they don't seem to change the results, anyway.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I do/did not like Denise, Holly or Steve-O (jackass). I think both the women are stiff and have zero rhythm. They both look pathetic dancing IMO. Steve-O is just not that good and looks much worse since his injuries. Last week he looked drugged (pain killers maybe) or lost during the dance. The Woz can't dance either but he at least appears to be really trying and enjoying it too. I am glad Denise is gone. I hope the double elimination gets rid of Holly - Steve O - and/or the Woz. It is time for all three of them to hit the road. Then I believe we will all enjoy watching the ones left to dance, because the rest can at least dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3392316;
    As for Steve not deserving his low scores because he tries hard. Maybe the judges would have felt like that, but Steve last week in his blog suggested that he wasn't really in the Bottom two over all and the judges just had him in the Dance off for drama. The show reportedly showed Steve how they did things but still.

Steve is the worst dancer on the show, for him to suggest that he didn't deserve to be in the bottom two last week, was frankly mind boggling. He may be a nice guy but after that comment he deserves all the low scores he can get.
    It might help to put his comment in the perspective of someone who was repeatedly approached by ABC to appear on the show, turned it down twice, and was finally persuaded to be the nice guy the fans could root for. If you see the rankings as based soley on dancing technique then Steve's statement is understandably mond boggling. If you see that the entertainment factor and fan base is part of the calculations, then you can understand where Steve was coming from. Steve knows he's not the best dancer and declined the invitation to be on the show accordingly, but was convinced that that wasn't what it was all about and was willing to come aboard and be the nice guy that the producers wanted to have in their mix. There are enough fans are holding true to this prediction, that a nice guy to root for is who some people can behind. Understanding that this is a prime time entertainment show, that votes are based on more than only the technical aspects of the performance, and that he had fan support, Steve's comment can make sense.

I'm perfectly satisfied to see Woz stay for another week or 2 or 3. I was almost as happy & surprised as Karina last night.
    This is a fun show & seeing someone like him have fun with it is fine by me.
    He's not much of a dancer, but they didn't deserve that low of scores on Monday. I've seen much worse on the show. Master P anyone?
    He's working & trying hard, even through the injuries & pain, & he's having fun.
    I think Karina likes him & is having fun too.
    When it gets down to the final 3 or 4, that's when I want to see the best dancers. For now, people like Woz are great to watch, & I love the positive personality.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3392429;
    I was sorry to see Denise go. It's obvious she is not a good dancer, but she really tried hard. It looked to me like Maks sabotaged her dancing. The dance off is just pathetic, as they don't seem to change the results, anyway.
    I can't see any reason that Maks would feel the need to sabotage Denise. She couldn't dance. If he didn't want to be there, all he had to do was choreograph any old routine and she would slaughter it on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3392178;
    Regarding the dance-off, I thought it was put in to try to prevent another Cloris situation (good dancers sent home while crazy fan favorite stays), but if they are just throwing out the judge's scores and giving new judge's scores it will make a difference in very few situations, and will rarely change the balance of power between fans and judges.

It would be better if they would keep the previous judge's scores and count these for 1/3, count the fans for 1/3, and count the dance-off scores for 1/3. This would give the fans the power to keep people out of the bottom two, but give the judges the ability to correct any obviously crazy eliminations.

As currently designed, it is nearly pointless.
    They need to listen to you - what a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3391851;
    I know the producers, et al say only a very select few know the actual results, but I'm wondering if they didn't clue in the judges, then they knew they could give a higher score to Denise/Maks and the results wouldn't change. I just don't think the dance-off changes the results.

I'd like to think this could happen. It would be a good way to send them out. Is it true most people think the winner is already decided *cough*Melissa*cough*?
    I hope not. I'd like to see Gilles take it. Aside from the fact that it's "so hard" to look at him and Cheryl dance, he seems to really work hard. Shawn's great, but so young. And Ty could be the spoiler - that would make me happy - but I don't think so. I do think he's elegant on the dance floor!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3392632;
    I'd like to think this could happen. It would be a good way to send them out. Is it true most people think the winner is already decided *cough*Melissa*cough*?
    I hope not. I'd like to see Gilles take it. Aside from the fact that it's "so hard" to look at him and Cheryl dance, he seems to really work hard. Shawn's great, but so young. And Ty could be the spoiler - that would make me happy - but I don't think so. I do think he's elegant on the dance floor!

I think the fans will decide who wins. The judges scores just don't make a difference unless it is really tight and I dont' think this dance-off idea is working.

+ Reply to Thread