+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3392035;
    This is why I can't stand to watch her. There is just nothing happening behind those eyes. I was disappointed when I heard Maks was partnered with her, but probably not as disappointed as Maks was. I'm going to miss him, but his relief at her elimination was obvious and funny.
    When the final two couples were waiting to hear who was eliminated, I found myself wondering which pro was praying the hardest to have his name called. Guess it was Maks!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3392077;
    When the final two couples were waiting to hear who was eliminated, I found myself wondering which pro was praying the hardest to have his name called. Guess it was Maks!
    I can remember the days when it was the "star" asking people not to vote for them. Who knew one day the pros would be fighting to get eliminated.

If it hasn't already been answered, to the poster who asked what Len said when it was announced the Woz was saved-I couldn't make out the whole sentence but he did say screaming so he was obviously saying something about Karina. And it looks like Edyta almost had a wardrobe malfuntion, because at the end of her dance with Alec she said "fix my dress".
    Last edited by karalott; 03-25-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog09;3392061;
    This was a total travesty. Woz no more belongs there than I do.
    I don't have a huge problem with Denise getting the boot; if it wasn't this week, it would have been next week.. Holly and Woz should go next week; and SteveO the week after that because he's just too hurt to compete. But if Woz doesn't go soon, then they need to change the rules.

The top four aren't going to change (melissa, shawn, gilles, lil kim), although the next four are showing huge strides. Two weeks ago, I would have easily counted Ty out, but he's now bringing it.....; Chuck is cute as can be but he's gonna have to step up now; his cute girlfriend won't be enough and Ty is about to eclipse him (I really have gained a great appreciation for athletes during this show; they never go down easy). DAG and LT have definitely amped up their game.

Which is nice. Two weeks ago, I just wanted them to dump everybody but the top four. Never felt that way before.

Oh, and one more rant: the dance-off is totally assinine. What a waste of my time. From now on, I won't be watching the Tuesday show; since I'm on the west coast, I'll just log in earlier in the evening and find out who went home.
    This is a great post and sums up perfectly this season of DWTS.

Ty, to me, is the biggest surprise of the season. From his first performance, I thought he would be one of the first to go home. However, Monday night his performance was wonderful and so improved. Also, the way he handled Chelsie falling was so good and he didn't panic. I liked what he said when they were waiting for their scores "we didn't practice that".

I thought David improved a lot and Chuck was just ok.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-25-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Bye bye Denise. Now I won't have to see that blank face on my tv. I like Max, but there was no teaching Denise. She has exactly one expression. I'd much rather watch Woz do the "Worm" and look like he's having fun.

Look forward to seeing Melissa, Gilles, Shawn and Ty next week.

When will we know who will dance either the Lindy Hop or the Argentine Tango? I figure that the dancers who danced the samba Monday night will dance the AT and the dancers who danced the Foxtrot will dance the LH.

If that's the case (from the top 4), Melissa and Shawn will dance the LH and Gilles and Lil Kim will dance the AT.

Oh yea, even though I'm glad Denise/Maks are gone, I thought the song they had to dance the samba to really sucked.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3392085;
    When will we know who will dance either the Lindy Hop or the Argentine Tango? I figure that the dancers who danced the samba Monday night will dance the AT and the dancers who danced the Foxtrot will dance the LH.

If that's the case (from the top 4), Melissa and Shawn will dance the LH and Gilles and Lil Kim will dance the AT.

Oh yea, even though I'm glad Denise/Maks are gone, I thought the song they had to dance the samba to really sucked.
    It might get mixed up next week. Since Ty did two ballroom dances in a row my guess is he'll get the Lindyhop. The show might take pity on Steve-O and give him the AT. Probably starting tomorrow (or even in interviews tonight) couples may start revealing who's dancing what.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog09;3392068;
    And I'm with the poster who doesn't understand why Denise gets all the hate, when the ex is a total jerk. As far as her lobbing accusations against him, he threw them first.

I love the Sheen family, but I don't get the Charlie love.
    I personally find both of them despicable, disgusting people. I'm glad she's gone and I wish he would get off my TV. At least I have a remote which means I've never watched his show and I never will, no matter how much I like Jon Cryer. I can't stand Maks and Karina either. They're full of themselves and very sour and so they deserve each other. I hope they are happy being sourpusses and have little sourpuss children.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-25-2009 at 05:25 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Regarding the dance-off, I thought it was put in to try to prevent another Cloris situation (good dancers sent home while crazy fan favorite stays), but if they are just throwing out the judge's scores and giving new judge's scores it will make a difference in very few situations, and will rarely change the balance of power between fans and judges.

It would be better if they would keep the previous judge's scores and count these for 1/3, count the fans for 1/3, and count the dance-off scores for 1/3. This would give the fans the power to keep people out of the bottom two, but give the judges the ability to correct any obviously crazy eliminations.

As currently designed, it is nearly pointless.

FORT Fanatic

I am so happy to see that Denise was booted! The drama that she feigned at not knowing how to dance during the first week was so pathetic. When I saw that she was 38 I thought it was a typo, she looks well into her 40s. And when she dances her body portrays that same stiffness that is so repelling in her face.
    And no, I dont give a free pass to her ex-husband Charlie Sheen. I do wonder what it took to cause a divorce between two people who are/were so perfectly matched. Neither one of them can act and neither one of them are human beings.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3392178;
    Regarding the dance-off, I thought it was put in to try to prevent another Cloris situation (good dancers sent home while crazy fan favorite stays), but if they are just throwing out the judge's scores and giving new judge's scores it will make a difference in very few situations, and will rarely change the balance of power between fans and judges.

It would be better if they would keep the previous judge's scores and count these for 1/3, count the fans for 1/3, and count the dance-off scores for 1/3. This would give the fans the power to keep people out of the bottom two, but give the judges the ability to correct any obviously crazy eliminations.

As currently designed, it is nearly pointless.
    I think this show is a "fan-driven" vehicle. As such, I believe that letting the fans have "crazy fan favorites" is what makes it entertaining as the weeks go by. The "Oh My God, what is so and so still doing in this competition factor makes for great tv. So, if the Woz has a bunch of fans who press their Iphone keys a trillion times, so be it. Personally I hope it works for him. Imagine the sudden exersize that his body is undergoing. It has to be good for him!!

+ Reply to Thread