+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I think it'll be Holly or Woz, possibly (a long shot) Steve-O. He seems to have the determination to stick it out until he's forced to resign and along with his own fan base people might admire that he's trudging on even though he's in pain. It may wear off so people may give him a chance. Holly/Dmitry-I know it had to be a blow to go from Jewel to Holly, but Dmitry could hide that a little better. Denise was pretty bad, and I think it may be a trend with the latin dances. That said, she has Maks. I bet they'll be safe tomorrow.

Lol, I have a very very peeved Boyfriend mad because I had my tongue hanging out while watching Gilles dance. According to him it was impolite of me to drool over the keyboard.lol

My faves tonight:
    1. Gilles
    2. Lil Kim
    3. Shawn

CA was right about SWNSNBM -The woman lacks personality. Hmmm maybe that is why she got dumped.

I see Holly or Steve Wozgoing tomorrow. I like Steve and hope he sticks around. ABC how about next season you stick to celebrities and not dime a dozen reality show stars.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3391030;
    Lol, I have a very very peeved Boyfriend mad because I had my tongue hanging out while watching Gilles dance. According to him it was impolite of me to drool over the keyboard.lol

My faves tonight:
    1. Gilles
    2. Lil Kim
    3. Shawn

CA was right about SWNSNBM -The woman lacks personality. Hmmm maybe that is why she got dumped.
    I see Holly or Steve Wozgoing tomorrow. I like Steve and hope he sticks around. ABC how about next season you stick to celebrities and not dime a dozen reality show stars.
    Nah, she was just looking for something to criticize when there really wasn't anything. It was a beautiful dance.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I mean, when I put Shawn and Melissa's foxtrots together, they each have what the other one lacks. Shawn still lacks a lot of personality in her dancing, and I felt that she was trying to ACT the dance. A dance like the foxtrot I feel requires a certain amount of maturity-when I think foxtrot, I think old Hollywood. However her routine was the better routine technically. Melissa had the easier of the two routines, and can she challenge herself more? Yes, I can't wait to see what she and Tony come up with for next week, as she can definitely bring it. But as far as the personality goes, Melissa sold me the foxtrot.

I have to agree about the music-most of the foxtrots had good music, but the sambas? Woz and Karina had the best, and ironically, I played that song when I was in my high school's steel drum band. When I think samba, I think Latin beats, fast-paced, and party, and Jump In The Line is definitely very fitting. I would have maybe loved to see Holly or Denise get it though because I think they could have done better with better music. Not a ton-but that music could not bring any samba out of me.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3391048;
    I mean, when I put Shawn and Melissa's foxtrots together, they each have what the other one lacks. Shawn still lacks a lot of personality in her dancing, and I felt that she was trying to ACT the dance. A dance like the foxtrot I feel requires a certain amount of maturity-when I think foxtrot, I think old Hollywood. However her routine was the better routine technically. Melissa had the easier of the two routines, and can she challenge herself more? Yes, I can't wait to see what she and Tony come up with for next week, as she can definitely bring it. But as far as the personality goes, Melissa sold me the foxtrot.
    I felt exactly the opposite about these two dancers. Shawn's foxtrot showed much more personality along with being the technically more challenging of the two. I don't think that Melissa deserved a score equal to Shawn (or to Gilles, for that matter). I don't blame Melissa for the routine - I've always found Tony to be a blase choreographer - but she does need to start showing some personality.

I thought Melissa did well last night but preferred Gilles. Shawn doesn't do much for me and didn't really think she should get the scores she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3391050;
    I don't blame Melissa for the routine - I've always found Tony to be a blase choreographer - but she does need to start showing some personality.
    That's exactly what it boils down to for me, as well. While her dancing is fine, there's nothing behind it (for me). She exudes nothing, except a kind of 'vogue on the outside, vague on the inside' feeling. Her performances are like watching a toy dancing - it goes through the steps, but there's no feeling there.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

The show, especially the judges, has forgotten that these people, aside from maybe Melissa, do not want to and have never been dancers. This is supposed to be entertainment. Poor Woz he is a horrible dancer, but he is so happy and having so much fun, and than the looks on the judges faces is just heartbreaking. This is not a professional contest. I can understand the judges on American Idol or America's Got Talent being harsh because the contestants are pursuing a career and need to be taught, but this is getting out of hand. You have a girl who has danced, not ballroom, but danced learned routines been in front of an audience against a guy who makes computers, a playboy model, and many others who have never touched anything remotely resembling dancing. For me the judges being so harsh on Woz and some of the others is taking my joy out of the show. I can tell by Maks and Karina and some others that their joy is dimenishing being on the show too.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I love Melissa and Shawn, lovely dances, sweet gals. But can I just say this..........

GILLES! I'll be re-watching that on replay A LOT today and I won't apologize for it. Phew, that was one of the hottest dances I've ever seen on this show.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3391014;
    However, I think Melissa's experience gives her a tremendously unfair advantage. For that reason, and I hate to say it, I kind of hope they don't win.
    I have grown weary of the "unfair advantage" argument - and I say this only as a fellow DWTS viewer and not as a mod. This situation is not unique to Melissa, it's been there since day one, and to paraphrase Tom Bergeron's comment in an interview, they don't care about having a level playing field. I don't think of DWTS as a true competition in the sense that it's not about what's "fair", it's about entertainment. With that said, I agree with you that I hope they don't win. The sooner this woman is off my TV the better!

+ Reply to Thread