+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

Well since I never met her I have no idea if she is nice or not, and frankly do not care. I just do not care about her period one way or the other. I want to see a dancing show where celebrities learn to dance with professionals. Melissa is not a celebrity, and is only on the show for ratings period. I do not care if she is nice, cute, etc she is not a celebrity so I do not want to see her on DWTS.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2009 at 10:14 AM.

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3385987;
    Well since I never met her I have no idea if she is nice or not, and frankly do not care. I just do not care about her period one way or the other. I want to see a dancing show where celebrities learn to dance with professionals. Melissa is not a celebrity, and is only on the show for ratings period. I do not care if she is nice, cute, etc she is not a celebrity so I do not want to see her on DWTS.

well it depends what your definition of celebrity is. Woz who helped invent apple is not a celebrity in entertainment. Although albert einstein doing a tango might have been fun. Melissa is entertaining to watch. That's what I look forward too.

FORT Fanatic

Giles isn't really a celebrity either, I bet more people know who Melissa is then Giles is. Melissa is a Reality Tv Star. Like it or not, from her own merits or not.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Even her fans likely haven't met her so who knows what she's like in real life. They want her for ratings and to be America's sweetheart so that's the storyline they'll go with (and I'll eat nails if she wins and they bring up how she was a replacement who started with 48 hours of practice and defied the odds). Somehow I think she'll be America's sweetheart to the end or if ABC realizes it'll be another Kelly wins over John they may put her in the most diva like light. I'm with you, I don't hate Melissa, Denise, Steve-O, Lacey, Jewel, etc. I just don't care for them.

This is an opinion forum, so not everyone is going to like or dislike the same people, all for their own reasons. I never heard of Melissa until the whole drama over what did or didn't happen between her and that guy but I find her boring and overrated. Nice girl, but boring. And I don't really see how the guy she broke up with would be eating his words now
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.

FORT Regular

Interesting that the one that is NOT a star is the one there for ratings. If the one that is drawing the people in to watch isn't a "Star" then it doesn't say much for the "Real Stars" now does it?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2009 at 10:16 AM.

If Melissa wasn't a celebrity when she started DWTS, she certainly is a celebrity now. She has 1,170,000 entries Google so if she is not famous, she is certainly getting alot of attention. Famous or infamous, as long as she continues to dance as she is now, she just may win that trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3385995;
    Giles isn't really a celebrity either, I bet more people know who Melissa is then Giles is. Melissa is a Reality Tv Star. Like it or not, from her own merits or not.
    Hmmm, Gilles Marini probably does have a bigger fan base for anyone that saw him in his nude shower scene in The Sex in the City movie. Who knew he could dance too!

Oh yes, a few more entries than Melissa in Google. Go figure!

Well I for one didn't know who Giles was an I watched sex and the City more than once, I guess that goes to show you he is not such a STAR to some people.....

Gilles appear in the "movie" version and was probably little known before then. I think anyone that watched the movie referred to him by his character name "Dante". It is the scene in the movie that is unforgetable.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3386016;
    Gilles appear in the "movie" version and was probably little known before then. I think anyone that watched the movie referred to him by his character name "Dante". It is the scene in the movie that is unforgetable.
    Make that several scenes . . .

+ Reply to Thread