+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

Re: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

do they pair up the dancers with the stars by size? That would seem to make the most sense

I was hoping Derek would be paired with Shawn They would have been cute together

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3385950;
    do they pair up the dancers with the stars by size? That would seem to make the most sense

I was hoping Derek would be paired with Shawn They would have been cute together
    I've often wondered how they get paired up...if they put the names in a hat and draw or what...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Size is definitely a factor, as that's what's often kept Louis van Amstel from coming back (since he's on the short side himself he needs a shorter female). I think anymore popualrity of the pro may play a factor. Even then they once in awhile have to give them a stinker. I'm sure personality is another factor.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3385959;
    Size is definitely a factor, as that's what's often kept Louis van Amstel from coming back (since he's on the short side himself he needs a shorter female). I think anymore popualrity of the pro may play a factor. Even then they once in awhile have to give them a stinker. I'm sure personality is another factor.
    Too bad they didn't think to bring Louis back for Shawn. That could have been fun!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fogey

I don't know Belinda but perhaps when she performs for an audience she is usually comfortable because she is doing something, singing, that she is good at. It must be hard to be a professional used to being good at something, and be in front of a large audience not so good at something. Some people can hack it, and some cannot. I think Steve Wozniak is having fun because his job is not performing so bad or good he can just relax and have a good time with it.

As for Maks commenst I agree. I am sick of it being so obvious right away who is going to be in the end. I want to see all people that can move or all that have to learn period. They have to test these people somewhat before they put them on the show. It would not be too hard to give them a week with a professional to see how they do. Steve, Master P, Billy Ray, etc come on they were bad from the beginning and Brooke, Kristi, and now Melissa all can obviously move. I am also sick of it being all about Melissa shoot look at her thread three times longer than anyones.

I am rooting for Ty at this point. I know he will not win, but the guy is trying so hard with what he has. I love to see them have a good time, and really try to do this when clearly it is out of their comfort zone. Now put Stacy Kiebler, Kristi, and Melissa against each other than it is a competition.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I really hope Louis is back next season. I do wonder where we'll stand with the pros for next season. I know some people wouldn't mind seeing them take a break or start rotating them, especially since they seem to factor into popualrity. But unless she gets a new boyfriend that gets cast or has a career crisis I don't think we'll be seeing Julianne, Derek/Mark have their own record contract, that's around the time Maks/Karina are getting married so they may decide not to return. I'd much rather see DWTS pros return than them keep bringing dancers over from SYTYCD (though I don't mind the addition of Dmitry and Chelsie). But I wonder if they'll get that first time early out pro treatment of not returning. I also hope Alec and Fabian are back next season as well And Anna, as I love her spunky attitude.

I'm sure the only reason the pairing of Shawn/Louis wouldn't have worked would be the age difference. Shawn looks about 10 to me but I can't imagine them pairing her with up with Louis who's in his 40's. But there has to plenty of shorty female celebs that'll work for Louis.

FORT Fanatic

The problem with Maks and Karina is that neither had a problem whatsover, when it was their partners who were the ringers. Mel B toured as a dancer, I believe. Mario had tons of dance experience either.

Maybe tons of dancing experience IS unfair. But Maks and Karina seem to think it's perfectly fine when THEIR partners are the ones with experience.

FORT Fogey

Maks might have complained to producers about ringers including his for all we know. If he is ok with himself having one and noone else yes that is hypocritical to me too, but who knows. I think I have more of a problem with her being on the show for not being a celebrity. She is just not a celebrity.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3385978;
    Maks might have complained to producers about ringers including his for all we know. If he is ok with himself having one and noone else yes that is hypocritical to me too, but who knows. I think I have more of a problem with her being on the show for not being a celebrity. She is just not a celebrity.
    Maks reportedly didn't do the next season because he was so upset that Mel B didn't win. So it seems like he had no problem with HIS ringer.

In fact Tony even said well what about Mel B, and I don't blame them. Because Tony wasn't complaining when Maks had Mel B, and Tony got stuck with some of his many duds.

And yeah, it must have sucked for Tony who professionally is one of the most decorated dancers on this show to have been stuck with the duds he was stuck with over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3385978;
    No problem for me that she isn't a celebrity. I hardly recognized any names this season, but I did recognize Melissa of course, having just come off The Bachelor. Unfortunately, I think she was brought over to create a story. I don't dislike her, and I think her dancing is pretty good overall, but I don't like that ABC is yanking our chains. I get that they have to edit for dramatic effect, but what I don't like is that they are now creating the story instead of just letting the story develop.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

+ Reply to Thread