+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Premium Member

DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

DialIdol - a site that tracks busy signals for American Idol to predict which contestants may be in trouble - is now tracking DWTS, so we wanted to provide a place for you to talk about it.

Please keep all discussion about DialIdol in this thread only, and no direct links please. Any DialIdol posts found in other threads will be deleted.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Re: DialIdol Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

So I'm guessing I can post what Dialidol is saying right now?

Here it is in order:

Melissa & Tony
    Lawrence & Edyta
    Steve & Karina
    Holly & Dmitry
    Steve-O & LAcey
    Lil Kim & Derek
    Gilles & Cheryl
    Ty & Chelsie
    Shawn & Mark
    Chuck & Julianne
    Denise & Maksim
    David Alan & Kym
    Belinda & Jonathan

Some surprises in there for sure! Lawrence #2?? Steve #3??

Wondering how accurate this is in predicting the actual # of votes

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not sure how accurate that is. Aside from Shawn being so close to the bottom I think it's dead on but I don't think DialIdol takes into account the text messages or online voting.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3378284;
    I'm not sure how accurate that is. Aside from Shawn being so close to the bottom I think it's dead on but I don't think DialIdol takes into account the text messages or online voting.
    I think you're right...it will be interesting to see if it's anywhere near accurate, but it's fun to look at.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

With the exception of Holly being in fourth, I can actually see good reasons why the Woz and LT would score so high. I've never followed DialIdol that closely for DWTS or American Idol so for anyone who has maybe they could shed some light on how accurate it is. I'm trying to think back to last season; in some cases I think it was way off and others it pretty much predicted who was going home. It is fun to look at and possibly get an idea where everyone stands. I admit I'm kind of happy Chuck/Julianne are down in the bottom 4.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3378344;
    With the exception of Holly being in fourth, I can actually see good reasons why the Woz and LT would score so high. I've never followed DialIdol that closely for DWTS or American Idol so for anyone who has maybe they could shed some light on how accurate it is. I'm trying to think back to last season; in some cases I think it was way off and others it pretty much predicted who was going home. It is fun to look at and possibly get an idea where everyone stands. I admit I'm kind of happy Chuck/Julianne are down in the bottom 4.
    I've checked DialIdol out since around season 4 of AI. Sometimes they would be spot on for the bottom two and sometimes they wouldn't. For some reason I don't think it is quite as accurate as it used to be, but that could just be me. It normally comes close enough with the ones at the top but the ones that are middle of the pack to the bottom, there can be a big difference. I've seen it where it picked one of the bottom 2 but then jumped about 4 or 5 up the list when the final results were revealed. IMO it is a good indicator but not dead right.

FORT Fogey

It usually has the top somewhat accurate but middle to bottom is somewhat iffy. If someone is in red they usually are legitimately in trouble. DI however doesn't track online votes which could shake it up some. LT being high doesn't shock me because football players have always done well on show and he's paired with Edyta who is a fan fave. Steve and Karina surely don't belong in the top either but I don't think he's a threat to really win it all and he'll go home somewhat early regardless. Shawn should be much higher and I'm sure she'll climb as time goes on.

I'm disappointed David Alan Grier isn't higher - guess I'll have to cast some votes for him next week. I only voted online so I still had my phone votes, but got tied up doing bedtime duty.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

From what I've seen over the past few seasons, Dial Idol is much more accurate with AI than it is for DWTS. It's formula for rating contestants is based on the percentage of busy signals it encounters per number of votes it attempts to dial. Since the number of people voting on DWTS is much lower than with AI and that each phone number is limited in the number of votes it can cast, there just aren't as many busy signals. Couple that with the fact that so many votes are cast over the internet and are not considered in the formula at all, and the accuracy of their predictions suffer even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3379415;
    From what I've seen over the past few seasons, Dial Idol is much more accurate with AI than it is for DWTS. It's formula for rating contestants is based on the percentage of busy signals it encounters per number of votes it attempts to dial. Since the number of people voting on DWTS is much lower than with AI and that each phone number is limited in the number of votes it can cast, there just aren't as many busy signals. Couple that with the fact that so many votes are cast over the internet and are not considered in the formula at all, and the accuracy of their predictions suffer even more.
    I believe you are absolutely correct. The methods of voting for DWTS and AI are totally different, so the methodology would have to be also (and given the online voting, I'm not sure how that would be done).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast