+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Yeah, I won't lie that I'm sending vibes in the hopes he gets voted off. But I worry if I actually prayed for it, God would keep him in I got more important things to pray for. Not that there aren't others I want to lose, but he's #1 on my list. Just to see the smirk wiped from his face.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082434;
    Dial Idol has actually been somewhat predictable this season, and since they're saying Mike gets booted tonight, I hope it keeps up. The main page, their scores, had Margaret and Michael as being booted, and David second to last his week. I know the raw numbers screen is supposed to be the accurate one, but last week Margaret was 4th from the bottom. Since it's all we have, I'll take it and continue to pray Mike/Karina get booted tonight.

I haven't been looking at the raw numbers which may be the indicators - I simply don't know. . I have been looking at the DWTS which seems to be the combination of the judges' score with the busy signals which they translate roughly into the equivalent of votes.

DI cannot be considered completely accurate; it does not take into account text votes, but nevertheless, it does give us a general idea of how people are thinking.

With that in mind, when I looked back at the DI record from the start, here is what I found:

On week 12, on the combined DWTS score the Hoff and Margaret were dead even last on bottom at 5.608.

It is anybody's guess how that played out. Was the actual score and vote count close enough to throw Margaret over David, or was it the producers' call? The Hoff left in a dramatic vote off.

On Week 11, on the combined DWTS score Michael Bolton was on the bottom by himself at 5.4 with the Situation next to last at 8.1.

On Week 10, on the combined DWTS score Margaret was on the bottom with an 8.1, and the Situation was next to last with a 9.05.

Edited to add: This week the DWTS is showing the Situation on the bottom with an 11.25, and Florence next to last not far ahead of him with an 11.4.

The upset would be Florence because she is Mrs. Brady, and that would cause the buzz. The Situation has been at the bottom already and should go, but that would be more expected, so what will they do?
    Last edited by Bloomers; 10-12-2010 at 04:59 PM.

The upset would be The Situation going before Flo. I expect Flo to go so would be shocked if The Situation did and many seem to feel the same way. The majority figured Flo would go before The Situation so if she outlasts him that would be great buzz for show. Many didn't even think Flo would get this far. The Situation just isn't vg and isn't going to improve. Flo is the better dancer and while I'm sure she would follow him out the door next week she deserves to stay this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4082561;
    The upset would be The Situation going before Flo. I expect Flo to go so would be shocked if The Situation did and many seem to feel the same way. The majority figured Flo would go before The Situation so if she outlasts him that would be great buzz for show. Many didn't even think Flo would get this far. The Situation just isn't vg and isn't going to improve. Flo is the better dancer and while I'm sure she would follow him out the door next week she deserves to stay this week.
    I don't think Mike leaving before Flo would be an upset, I think it would be expected. Flo is dancing better, and more old people know her, but have no idea who "The Situation" is.

I can understand Flo being high in the raw numbers. I threw votes her way this morning, figuring that my favorites didn't need them, but she might be in jeopardy against the fanbases of Mike and Bristol. It looks like a lot of other old fogeys were thinking the same way.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4082592;
    I don't think Mike leaving before Flo would be an upset, I think it would be expected. Flo is dancing better, and more old people know her, but have no idea who "The Situation" is.

I can understand Flo being high in the raw numbers. I threw votes her way this morning, figuring that my favorites didn't need them, but she might be in jeopardy against the fanbases of Mike and Bristol. It looks like a lot of other old fogeys were thinking the same way.
    I'm the opposite. I think he could stay well past his time and take out better dancers. I think he should go this week but will be shocked if he actually does. Everyone I know is expecting Flo to go and would be surprised to see The Situation go first. I hope it happens but not feeling hopeful it does.

I put in two for Flo too. lol I really think she deserves to stay another week. I think Corky does her a disservice however with some of his nutty choreography. It will be interesting to see if Flo is safe if they announce it early or if they put her in B2 even if fake.

Maybe this season it's accurate, but last season, DI had the poll fixed as of 10:30pm EST during the final 3 weeks of the show. The numbers didn't move even when the West Coast watched the show. It's an indicator of a minuscule percentage of voters. It's interesting that this season it seems to be on trend.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the show would tout Mike as being a surprise ouster, even if the viewers thought he had it coming.

Raw scores have Flo at the bottom with Audrina. Wonder who goes home tonight.......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

I called for Florence - after the show was over - kept getting busy signals took me 30 min, finally decided with a few votes to go to see how busy another dancers line was - I picked Kyle, got right in...

Now obviously that has no scientific bearings on the whole thing, but I always find it curious when they show the results.....

I figured Florence would have a rough time with the votes this week so I threw some online votes her way. Hopefully others did too. She really shouldn't go before Bristol.

I'm not worried about Audrina, her scores should carry her through. No doubt the show will play up the drama tonight, though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread